PDA

View Full Version : Headgear and Outfits Question

JerZey CJ
03-23-2013, 06:16 AM
OK, first, is there a way to see what the headgear looks like before you buy it? Second, are there any other outfits in the beta besides the one you start with?

Dead_Phoenix
03-23-2013, 06:19 AM
OK, first, is there a way to see what the headgear looks like before you buy it? Second, are there any other outfits in the beta besides the one you start with?

no to the first one right now,

yes to the second one. you can obtain outfits through missions and pursuits.

Pasha
03-23-2013, 06:22 AM
no to the first one right now

Note: it may be changed in release (preview for cosmetics on vendor).

Sanguinesun
03-23-2013, 06:26 AM

Yes and no.

Currently on the ingame vendor at the start, you cannot see a preview of the headgear(they're only 500scrip which in terms of long term game play is peanuts).

However, currently in beta(and not everyone is paying attention to this). You have 4000 bits from the microtransation store to play test with. The outfits and headgear in the Microtransaction store you actually -can- preview(except for I think 2 styles).

I really like the red shades btw in that one.

VillNess
03-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Yes and no.

Currently on the ingame vendor at the start, you cannot see a preview of the headgear(they're only 500scrip which in terms of long term game play is peanuts).

However, currently in beta(and not everyone is paying attention to this). You have 4000 bits from the microtransation store to play test with. The outfits and headgear in the Microtransaction store you actually -can- preview(except for I think 2 styles).

What? Are you playing on PC? Or did they update PS3 beta lately? Because last time I checked there were nothing else in the store other than lockboxes and boosts... Also on PS3 the headgear at the start cost 1 500...

Sanguinesun
03-23-2013, 06:48 AM
What? Are you playing on PC? Or did they update PS3 beta lately? Because last time I checked there were nothing else in the store other than lockboxes and boosts... Also on PS3 the headgear at the start cost 1 500...

Sorry I didnt clarify that. Yes, Im on the PC beta and see it. Im sorry if its noton the PS3 beta shop as they outfits for the most part look really good... some head gear looks great but alot of it looks alot the same or really wierd.

JerZey CJ
03-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Sorry I didnt clarify that. Yes, Im on the PC beta and see it. Im sorry if its noton the PS3 beta shop as they outfits for the most part look really good... some head gear looks great but alot of it looks alot the same or really wierd.

Do you know what the basic headgear looks like(the ones that go with each starting outfit)?

Phillip Jokar
03-23-2013, 07:48 AM
The vendors have a "view" button on the right side of your buy screen....Just click it and you see a preview on your char.

The first vendor has the hats to match the starting outfits, and they're titled to make it easier to see what matches what.

Shismar
03-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Do you know what the basic headgear looks like(the ones that go with each starting outfit)?
I don't think the basic outfits come with headgear. That may change, no information there.

Edit: yes, the first vendor has them in the PC game. I can also preview them.

VillNess
03-23-2013, 08:17 AM
The vendors have a "view" button on the right side of your buy screen....Just click it and you see a preview on your char.

The first vendor has the hats to match the starting outfits, and they're titled to make it easier to see what matches what.

There's no way to preview the vendor hats on ps3 (not sure about 360) in this beta we have...

But what I remember, city survivalist is a hood. Infiltrator Veteran is blue shades (glasses), then the other two, other is glasses and the other is a helmet.

Sanguinesun
03-23-2013, 08:21 AM

If by starting gear you mean the ones from creation, there are none(ie you dont get them in creation). If you mean the 500 scrip ones on the vendor at the crashsite, each one is different. Infantry one for example are big blue iridescent goggles(which I almost always choose on toons). others are caps or helmets or hood if memory serves.

VillNess
03-23-2013, 09:29 AM
If by starting gear you mean the ones from creation, there are none(ie you dont get them in creation). If you mean the 500 scrip ones on the vendor at the crashsite, each one is different. Infantry one for example are big blue iridescent goggles(which I almost always choose on toons). others are caps or helmets or hood if memory serves.

I mean, the in-game store where you spend Bits (bought with real money, 4000 was given to test in Beta) on Ps3 there is only tier 1, 2 and 3 lockboxes and boosts to be bought. No vehicles, outfits or anything else.

And the starting place (The camp) with the vendor, it has 4 head gear (one for each starting outfit) and they're: Blue goggles, smaller (and I think black/grey) goggles, hood and a helmet. On ps3 these head gear cost 1500 script and not 500 as someone mentioned that on PC they cost that.

That vendor also has 3 vehicles (the atv everyone gets fro free, smaller and faster atv and a 4x4 car yellow/white)

Pasha
03-23-2013, 09:32 AM
That vendor also has 3 vehicles (the atv everyone gets fro free, smaller and faster atv and a 4x4 car yellow/white)

WTH I see 0 vehicles on that vendor (PC/EU)

iiReLaX o
03-23-2013, 09:34 AM
BTW the 360 Beta has yet to receive the 4000 bits like everyone else. But the only thing I see in the Defiance store are Boosts and lockboxes.

Fennix
03-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Are helmets cosmetic only or actually provide some protection? I ask because when shooting mutants with helmets, bullets bounce off their heads unless you do a face shot.

Vuule
03-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Are helmets cosmetic only or actually provide some protection? I ask because when shooting mutants with helmets, bullets bounce off their heads unless you do a face shot.

Cosmetic only. However, this might change, since they were talking in one of the livestreams about maybe adding small bonuses to headgear

Bornhald
03-28-2013, 06:31 AM
Yes and no.

I could see previews of the headgear when I was buying them.

Jenbuu
03-28-2013, 06:56 AM
i couldnt see them when i baught them from a vendor
but if you got them from the real money store you could see them

here they are if you wanna see them out of game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSLmsdmmbuM&feature=share&list=UUgmhlgTlzutbexFBu9x4E2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kwsuqywao&list=UUgmhlgTlzutbexFBu9x4E2w

Digital Soulja
03-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Hit up DefianceCentralTV on YouTube, they have 2 videos showing off all the outfits and headgear.

Edit: ah damn, they actually beat me to it. But yeah, nice vids there guys.

Deimos
03-28-2013, 08:24 AM
On PC version there's a view button at the bottom of the vendor where you can preview things.

VillNess
03-28-2013, 02:39 PM
I was gonna make a female character but after watching that headgear video I think I will go with male...

Why so many goggles are on females forehead and not on her eyes like the males have? If I want night vision goggles I want to actually wear them on my eyes and not forehead ffs...

And I guess there's no way to edit the headgear, it will always be same colour and placed on forehead and never on females eyes? I'm so pissed about that...