PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else annoyed that we don't get a city?

killingwillum
05-23-2013, 02:59 PM
The show has one and I understand that... It is needed to create a storyline with characters that you can grow to like but giving us a barren land with a city that is nothing more then a hole in the ground is upsetting. I would even settle for a one road town like in the old west where boom towns would appear and vanish over a few years. Just something to bring the place together a little more instead of these random outposts that look like they support maybe 5 people.

ncanning
05-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Agreed, The TV city should exsist in some function in the game. I mean make an arch, put a vendor in with a "need want" sign, and make an NPC Amanda to give quests or something. Then when the episode content comes out you could start/finish at the city.

Now that would really tie the show and game together better then anything else they have done.

jayfarr
05-23-2013, 03:31 PM
What great idea. Could even be done as a DLC if they wanted (not a great option, but an option).

Similar to other MMO's, you can have a bank for dropping off supplies/mods, maybe a vendor or two for mods/supplies, even as suggested a couple NPC's that could hand out your Dailies and other quests.

AmnesiaHaze
05-23-2013, 03:34 PM
yeah i want that city in game at some point , even if it would be just a closed city level where you could fast travel to :D

killingwillum
05-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants a town of some sort.

svenswiftwind
05-23-2013, 04:06 PM
I'd also luv to see a small version of a city, with maybe a personal or clan vault. Maybe even get my wish of a new merchant that sells motorcycles. The show has em and I would really like to have one too. So please guys maybe make a Christmas wish come true :)

Nikola Tesla
05-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Agreed, The TV city should exsist in some function in the game. I mean make an arch, put a vendor in with a "need want" sign, and make an NPC Amanda to give quests or something. Then when the episode content comes out you could start/finish at the city.

Now that would really tie the show and game together better then anything else they have done.

That would be great, aside from the fact that San Fransisco and St. Louis are kinda far apart.

Nikola Tesla
05-23-2013, 04:11 PM
What great idea. Could even be done as a DLC if they wanted (not a great option, but an option).

Similar to other MMO's, you can have a bank for dropping off supplies/mods, maybe a vendor or two for mods/supplies, even as suggested a couple NPC's that could hand out your Dailies and other quests.

Would be a great add in for a DLC, but in the current area there is a lot of conflict and people haven't banded together like they did in St. Louis in the show, perhaps they could release something that would be the catalyst for bringing a city together in game, would be a great bit of storyline if they did it right.

killingwillum
05-23-2013, 04:14 PM
I think a small town would need a few basic things and would also be a welcome addition of smaller less shooty type stuff.

I think it would need

1. bar
2. vendors market
3. bank/ storage unit
4. residence/ hotel ( would easily be done by going through a door and loading you into your room)

Anything else would just be a bonus

ncanning
05-23-2013, 04:49 PM
That would be great, aside from the fact that San Fransisco and St. Louis are kinda far apart.

Touche... I never put that together, but in all honesty I would of had to google a map to realize that.... Sad but true... Sorry

Kessler
05-23-2013, 04:53 PM
I will agree with this. Hell raiders have better settlements set up.

Nikola Tesla
05-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Touche... I never put that together, but in all honesty I would of had to google a map to realize that.... Sad but true... Sorry

No need to be sorry, just pointing out a fact. It is a good idea, just needs to be a different city.

Tshudoe
05-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Maybe not an actual in-game city. I kind of like the 'frontier' feel of the game with no big settlements. But I would like to be able to have my own home or clan HQ (with a vault to store items) that we can customize with furniture, paint, etc.

SilvaDoberman
05-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Screw the city...Just give me an Auction house to sell my **** to other players or buy from other players.....I don't want to come to the forums to look for something I want.

BUDKING
05-23-2013, 05:35 PM
All a city is good for is lag

JxSiN
05-23-2013, 05:36 PM
I think a small town would need a few basic things and would also be a welcome addition of smaller less shooty type stuff.

I think it would need

1. bar
2. vendors market
3. bank/ storage unit
4. residence/ hotel ( would easily be done by going through a door and loading you into your room)

Anything else would just be a bonus

I completely agree with this post.

1) would be a social hub. People could also use it to do business trades or call out they have items for trade. Another thing a bar could lead to would be contracts, just like the faction ones, but rewarding mods or scrip instead. That would be a good way for all the people finished with side missions still have something to do to get a chance for non-synergy, non-white mods. PLUS, opportunities for side games, gambling, etc.

2) There are a lot of good traders in the game, but not a lot of people go to the message boards to see if anyone is selling anything. Have an in-game trading post or auction house type thing, BUT just have it where you can list an item, it shows up on a list and someone can click it to view stats and make an offer. The owner can view these offers and make a decision to sell or not. The offers could be in a similar window, that way if they decide to take the offer he could click an accept button, then as soon as the other clicks the button it does an automatic trade (no need to wait for the other to be online).

3) Yes! It's nice to have inventory space on you, but sometimes it is annoying to scroll through 65 items to find a mod to equip, then start back over to put another mod on. DCUO has a great idea on this, give you a few slots for a bank, and if you want extra, you pay just like if you want extra inventory. (Extra real money for you Trion!)

4) You could put the bank in the residence! Also, the residence could be used as a launching point for groups, have a message/mail system, etc. The possibilities are endless

We do need a larger establishment. Defiance is definitely not the only city, and the San Fran area would be a good area for a city considering the area before the Pale Wars (Sausalito, Palo Alto, Oakland, San Jose, etc)

jayfarr
05-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Love to have an Auction House, but would need more gear/mods/weps/mats (materials for the non-MMO's here). Otherwise the AH would be full of the same weapons, etc., 1,000 times over.

wayner
05-23-2013, 05:43 PM
The show has one and I understand that... It is needed to create a storyline with characters that you can grow to like but giving us a barren land with a city that is nothing more then a hole in the ground is upsetting. I would even settle for a one road town like in the old west where boom towns would appear and vanish over a few years. Just something to bring the place together a little more instead of these random outposts that look like they support maybe 5 people.

Should have existed from day 1. basic stuff . No mail , how can that be so? No way to tell a friend , again basic stuff

svenswiftwind
05-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Now there's an idea, maybe mission based so we the actual players could help build it by doing jobs for the NPCs that could give us all faction with how much we do to help make it all happen.

beastly101
05-23-2013, 08:07 PM
anybody annoyed that this game is bad.