PDA

View Full Version : 51 minutes to go and then... 2 hours and 30 minutes

Whippersnapper
05-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Three hours ago I started the painful patch download process. It said 2hrs 30mins, but of course I knew that was bolony. Finally after almost 3 hours it said 51 minutes. I figured "oh another hour and a half" and looked went back to another open window. I go back a minute later and find the progress bar gone and 2 hours 30 minutes time remaining...

I closed down the patcher and restarted :(

Am I going to have to uninstall and reinstall like last time? Or am I going to have to go through this nightmare again?

That only took about 5 minutes and everything was installed and fine.

Madhava
05-23-2013, 03:24 PM
At first mine download then the progress bar restarted to install the patch. I'm not sure if you second progress bar was that however for me it installed in like under 2 mins. Maybe you read the time wrong?

Caswallawn
05-23-2013, 03:25 PM
there was a patch to download? when I logged in while the servers were up I clicked update it flashed past it as if it did nothing and the game started, just a shame the servers went back down.

Whippersnapper
05-23-2013, 03:27 PM
At first mine download then the progress bar restarted to install the patch. I'm not sure if you second progress bar was that however for me it installed in like under 2 mins. Maybe you read the time wrong?

oh god....

Whippersnapper
05-23-2013, 03:33 PM
I guess the same trick of uninstalling defiance that worked last time, will not work this time.

They have to fix it so these downloads do not take so long.

One more of these and I leave. People tend to find other things to do when these kind of things happen. Such as playing less troublesome games.

See you all tomorrow.

12 hour download now. Which means: one day in my 2.00-2.15Mbps download speed.

sQuinty
05-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Mine downloaded in 10 minutes.

Not saying they couldn't have more mirrors, but how exactly do you know your download performance is Trion's fault?

Whippersnapper
05-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Greetings! It is now FRIDAY and it says just under 5hrs to download.

Worse still, I keep getting patch errors please reinstall. Something I didnt get on my first full install btw. Luckily (or not) I click Update again and it quickly re-downloads what has already been downloaded. Seems like I got the message again in the early morning and lost a few hours of download time. By my guess, a couple hours.

Will this be an issue? By this I mean, when I finish downloading eventually, will it fail forcing another full download from scratch? Or will I be fine?

As for the previous question, my download speed is just about right. I asked a CSR in live chat during the previous big patch & he confirmed it. Those with claims of super fast downloads are either exaggerating or pay big bucks for super speeds.

Whippersnapper
05-24-2013, 04:39 PM
I am FINALLY done downloading!

Time to Download: 26 hours

If you wish to include the initial patch download attempt that failed: 29 hours

Those who wish to use this as a reference of Defiance Screw Ups may add this to their favorites.
You can use it as proof on future threads or something.

P.S. I have a good connection. Never lag, etc etc.

ColapsN7
05-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Hotfix Incoming - 5/24 4:30 PM PT - EU ONLY

Servera ON !
MSK 4:10 AM 25 05 2013г

Whippersnapper
05-24-2013, 05:29 PM
If that sig isnt a joke, I suggest you make some changes....

Covington
05-24-2013, 05:34 PM
This thread scared me so I went to do the patch - 11 minutes... whew.