PDA

View Full Version : A whole day of no access

Nikola Tesla
05-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Seriously? First they put out the patch and find a big huge bug with it, did they not test it? and I understand, sometimes a bug isn't immediately visible, but they took the servers back down fairly quick so that point has nothing to do with this. Then the Servers are down for hours with almost nothing from the devs about how long to expect to wait, in fact, it's so little it may as well be nothing. And now, apparently, my connection is timing out, and yes, I am getting a time out message instead of a defiance services are down message. And to top it all off, I am willing to bet some good scrip that when I do log on, the one item I saved in my claim box will be gone (A +1 assault rifle skill, was going to wait till 19 then pop it) because of something they do to fix the glitch.

I mean, I love this game, I went out and bought the UE, I've put hours into my characters, and I see the potential, it's what keeps me playing, but Honestly, I think the people who had to suffer through this deserve a reward, and not something like here, have some bonus time. Maybe put some thought into a nice outfit or hat, something you'd normally sell in the store, and give it to us as a gift for our dedication and support to your game, because right now I am starting to feel a little unappreciated as a customer.

And yes, I understand, there is still a little time left in the day, but at this rate I won't be able to get on until tomorrow

derby0187
05-23-2013, 03:59 PM
did you not see the free week of bonuses on there. that right there saves me alot of money

AmnesiaHaze
05-23-2013, 04:05 PM
i have a defiance withdrawal , can anyone suggest a substitute for it? :D

Nikola Tesla
05-23-2013, 04:06 PM
did you not see the free week of bonuses on there. that right there saves me alot of money

Did you not see that was part of the glitch? I won't expect to get them back, and besides, that is a BS reward for our loyalty to the game, here, have something that will run out and then you'll have to pay more.

Nikola Tesla
05-23-2013, 04:07 PM
i have a defiance withdrawal , can anyone suggest a substitute for it? :D

If you don't mind single player, pop in skyrim, if you have a good enough PC Neverwinter is in Open Beta and free.

derby0187
05-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Did you not see that was part of the glitch? I won't expect to get them back, and besides, that is a BS reward for our loyalty to the game, here, have something that will run out and then you'll have to pay more.

it is what it is....just take it with a grain of salt...things like this happen...it not like the end of the world. im glad i have learned to have patients

Nikola Tesla
05-23-2013, 04:16 PM
it is what it is....just take it with a grain of salt...things like this happen...it not like the end of the world. im glad i have learned to have patients

I agree, it is, and sadly too many people are happy with it to make a change so oh well. I'll keep playing the game, not gonna stop, just venting a little, in a semi-polite way, and suggesting that a good way to make people happy after they were forced not to play for a whole day would be a nice exclusive item, something to wear, or heck, even a gun, something other than a perishable timer that encourages me to not sleep, eat or work since it keep running no matter if I am in game or not.

derby0187
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
I agree, it is, and sadly too many people are happy with it to make a change so oh well. I'll keep playing the game, not gonna stop, just venting a little, in a semi-polite way, and suggesting that a good way to make people happy after they were forced not to play for a whole day would be a nice exclusive item, something to wear, or heck, even a gun, something other than a perishable timer that encourages me to not sleep, eat or work since it keep running no matter if I am in game or not.

i saw the huge performance improvment while i was in a arkfall...thats reward enough for me

Cerveau
05-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Seriously? First they put out the patch and find a big huge bug with it, did they not test it? and I understand, sometimes a bug isn't immediately visible, but they took the servers back down fairly quick so that point has nothing to do with this. Then the Servers are down for hours with almost nothing from the devs about how long to expect to wait, in fact, it's so little it may as well be nothing. And now, apparently, my connection is timing out, and yes, I am getting a time out message instead of a defiance services are down message. And to top it all off, I am willing to bet some good scrip that when I do log on, the one item I saved in my claim box will be gone (A +1 assault rifle skill, was going to wait till 19 then pop it) because of something they do to fix the glitch.

I mean, I love this game, I went out and bought the UE, I've put hours into my characters, and I see the potential, it's what keeps me playing, but Honestly, I think the people who had to suffer through this deserve a reward, and not something like here, have some bonus time. Maybe put some thought into a nice outfit or hat, something you'd normally sell in the store, and give it to us as a gift for our dedication and support to your game, because right now I am starting to feel a little unappreciated as a customer.

And yes, I understand, there is still a little time left in the day, but at this rate I won't be able to get on until tomorrow

Oh just go outside and quit your crying.

luke shaver
05-23-2013, 04:21 PM
The thing that worries me about triton is all the ppl that have used real money in the game and got nothing, season pass being the big one, and trion telling ppl "at this time there is no solution to this problem". Case closed. But when we get something that we already had for free.....holy crap they shut it down faster then u can use the chat log. Not looking very promising.

umbra_deatie
05-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Im out eight hours of bonus I spent 400 points on. x.x Not including sleep. I am not a true gamer. I sleep before play. XD Any who. Those who had bonus boosts should get refunded some time. At least for how ever long they would have had while the servers were down.

REDBURN
05-23-2013, 04:28 PM
A recent article in Downtime monthly suggests that over 75% of server 'downtime' is spent in preparation of server 'up time'.
The other 25% is typically spent preparing for further downtime.

hyvius
05-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Totally agree! Servers down during peak hours WTH! This is not good for business at all!

john33hhh
05-23-2013, 04:30 PM
not being a troll but i love the "triton" lollll but i agree with you coment.

LePLeY78
05-23-2013, 04:31 PM
i agree its a 65 billion dollar a year business they dont care

H3adstomp3r
05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
furious self gratification? glad to help ;)

Nikola Tesla
05-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Oh just go outside and quit your crying.

Quit my crying? Is this what people call it when someone points out flaws then tries to give a solution? Back in my day we called is Constructive Criticism, but then that is probably to convoluted of an idea for you to understand isn't it?

Adrena Chrome
05-23-2013, 04:36 PM

Total bs. What good does it do the people who have owned the game. I'm maxed out on skill and ego. Does nothing but show favoritism to new money.

Arkfall Dodger
05-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Yes. It's been a whole day without Defiance. But just think, we've somehow endured our whole lives without it. I think we can be a little patient and let them do what they gotta do.

Nikola Tesla
05-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Yes. It's been a whole day without Defiance. But just think, we've somehow endured our whole lives without it. I think we can be a little patient and let them do what they gotta do.

Sure we can, we can also do a small vent of frustration in a constructive way can we not? I'd like to think my vent was fairly mature and I even offered some insight on how to make us happy. I don't even care if the game is down all night, just communicate with me

Megatron Wolf
05-23-2013, 07:39 PM
i feel bad for the people who just bought the game, first you sit through 45 minutes of updates & installation (or more depending on your connection) only to get a "server unavailable" message. Id be pissed if that happened to me. And even the veteran players have a right to be upset, we all paid $60 or more for this game and now we cant play it cause of an overlooked glitch. And lets not forget some people probably had boosts activated, boosts that were purchased with real world currency. As of right now that money was wasted. A few hours of downtime is fine thats to be expected from time to time but an entire day (possibly more) is unacceptable.

But on another note is there no possible way to make the game playable while the glitch is fixed? Maybe a retroactive patch that puts the game back to its previous working state? Still say this game needs an offline component, that way we can still play even if the servers are down.

Fatalmephisto
05-23-2013, 07:42 PM
i feel bad for the people who just bought the game, first you sit through 45 minutes of updates & installation (or more depending on your connection) only to get a "server unavailable" message. Id be pissed if that happened to me. And even the veteran players have a right to be upset, we all paid $60 or more for this game and now we cant play it cause of an overlooked glitch. And lets not forget some people probably had boosts activated, boosts that were purchased with real world currency. As of right now that money was wasted. A few hours of downtime is fine thats to be expected from time to time but an entire day (possibly more) is unacceptable.

But on another note is there no possible way to make the game playable while the glitch is fixed? Maybe a retroactive patch that puts the game back to its previous working state? Still say this game needs an offline component, that way we can still play even if the servers are down.

They prob discovered other issues they can easily fix that they ended up seeing during the live server update.