PDA

View Full Version : This is Getting Ridiculous

jwa1219
05-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Another patch more problems! I've said since it was announced that the patch would find a way to make us sit here and way while another problem is addressed! Getting really old especially when we pay good money to not only buy the game but also on the season pass and other bonuses. Please TRION try your patches out before you release them! I understand every problem cant be forseen but this is getting just plain ridiculous.

Also I wish you would address the clan bonuses that we pay real life money to buy! Half the time the game acts like your not even in a clan so only the person that bought the bonus is receiving it. I personally will not spend another cent until you do something to fix this problem. My clan mates and I have spent good money to run the bonuses and to not receive them is infuriating.

Also you need to let us as gamers know what is going on! A status on what is going on would be nice!

TheNo1G
05-23-2013, 04:00 PM
new twit 10 mins ago

'As an update - we're still working on getting the game back online. No ETA yet!'

Bhindi
05-23-2013, 04:01 PM
They should definitely find a way to more accurately track the bonuses you buy from the store.

Blade of Souls
05-23-2013, 04:03 PM
I think everyone at trion is otherwise involved in mass summary executions.

That might just be wishful thinking on my part, however.

ratt707
05-23-2013, 04:05 PM
replace " getting " with " is " or " has been. "

Ominous
05-23-2013, 04:14 PM
If you submit a ticket you will get the bits back you spent on the clan bonuses.

jwa1219
05-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Seriously Trion this is taking forever! I like this game but if this continues I hope you'll don't make another MMO cause I myself will not buy it! This is absurd! I don't completely blame you'll because those that abuse the game are some of the reason we've been sitting here forever waiting but like I've posted before every time you'll implement a patch it messes up more than it fixes!

Jab
05-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I don't get it either. These are the guys that made Rift, which was one of the smoothest MMO's I've seen in terms of game updates. I rarely had any bugs with Rift.

Merrin Nightbringer
05-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I don't get it either. These are the guys that made Rift, which was one of the smoothest MMO's I've seen in terms of game updates. I rarely had any bugs with Rift.

nononononononono.... no.

This is the Defiance team.

Not to be confused with the professionals that created Rift.

crasher
05-23-2013, 06:12 PM
new twit 10 mins ago

'As an update - we're still working on getting the game back online. No ETA yet!'

Translation: Sledge has locked himself, nekkid, in the server room with a case of peanut butter.

The lead dev is p!ssed, cuz it was scheduled to be *his* day.

WhiteCell
05-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Didn't they recently fire a lot of QA people?

Era
05-23-2013, 06:17 PM
We're still in the launch period. This isn't even close to the most mismanaged launch of an MMO I've ever seen. I mean, **** Vindictus actually had a cap on how many dungeon runs you could play per week with a token system (and a low cap at that...yes, there was an MMO that tried to duplicate the long dead and gone arcade system with real money tokens).

Rollbacks and constant downtime are to be expected. I'm actually surprised they managed to keep most of their downtime centered around planned patches and not daily emergency maintenance.

Have you all never been in a new MMO around launch?

ratt707
05-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Didn't they recently fire a lot of QA people?

Yup. I feel bad for the people that are still there. I may be irked about my non working game but I dont wish that situation on anyone. They probably shoulda left too so they weren't responsible to clean up the mess.

*actually dont know if it was Q&A but it was Defiance people. Anybody correct me if Im wrong.

jwa1219
05-23-2013, 06:29 PM
The problem is the game didn't just launch! Every patch they've put in hasn't help fix anything they have said it was gonna fix! I don't feel the least bit sorry because it is there fault they are still there working! Get it right the first time and you wouldn't have to continuously be fixing things! I've played MMO's and this by far is the worst when it comes to adding patches that fix nothing and only create more problems!

shadowkin
05-23-2013, 06:33 PM
I used to laugh at posts on other mmo forums when patches got delayed bc problems are expected and maintenance always runs longer than expected but this is pretty crazy lol... All day?? Haha

baelrusk
05-23-2013, 06:40 PM
The problem is the game didn't just launch! Every patch they've put in hasn't help fix anything they have said it was gonna fix! I don't feel the least bit sorry because it is there fault they are still there working! Get it right the first time and you wouldn't have to continuously be fixing things! I've played MMO's and this by far is the worst when it comes to adding patches that fix nothing and only create more problems!

Very well said.
Very well said, indeed.

I used to laugh at posts on other mmo forums when patches got delayed bc problems are expected and maintenance always runs longer than expected but this is pretty crazy lol... All day?? Haha

C'mon.......Hasn't been all day.
After the patch was installed, it was up for almost an hour.

The Mung Bard
05-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Ok, but in IT, when something happens like this, you roll back to the last stable release, and then work on a valid fix. It would be very simple for them to roll back to the latest pre-patch stable release and push that back to the end users. That way we could all still be playing while they figured out which finger they had inadvertently impaled themselves upon and the most expedient way to extract said finger.

Just MHO, but I do manage an IT platform for some 50k+ users, and, having impaled myself before, I have had to handle such a situation (albeit on a much smaller scale).

MagellanD
05-23-2013, 06:46 PM
We're still in the launch period. This isn't even close to the most mismanaged launch of an MMO I've ever seen. I mean, **** Vindictus actually had a cap on how many dungeon runs you could play per week with a token system (and a low cap at that...yes, there was an MMO that tried to duplicate the long dead and gone arcade system with real money tokens).

Rollbacks and constant downtime are to be expected. I'm actually surprised they managed to keep most of their downtime centered around planned patches and not daily emergency maintenance.

Have you all never been in a new MMO around launch?

We are well out of launch period.

Actright
05-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Ok, but in IT, when something happens like this, you roll back to the last stable release, and then work on a valid fix. It would be very simple for them to roll back to the latest pre-patch stable release and push that back to the end users. That way we could all still be playing while they figured out which finger they had inadvertently impaled themselves upon and the most expedient way to extract said finger.

Just MHO, but I do manage an IT platform for some 50k+ users, and, having impaled myself before, I have had to handle such a situation (albeit on a much smaller scale).

I bet they don't have Patch Test Servers

BrazenBull
05-23-2013, 06:59 PM

Which would require giving a ****.

Lasdor
05-23-2013, 07:06 PM

They have an internal test server where they test all the patches. Which is good. now they could at least install the LIve client there, because they seems to be using a different client that happens to accept all the changes but said changes doesn't do very well on the live client. My opinion only...