PDA

View Full Version : While you are waiting...

Lord Blackthorn
05-23-2013, 05:09 PM
I have a few suggestions for all of you who feel like 9 hours is too long to wait.

1. Stop waiting on a video game:

This game has no bearing on the REAL world. The one where your family and friends exist in actuality. There is no educational content of this game and no physical reward for playing it other than lethargy. Instead of twiddling your thumbs waiting on it to be available again, go do something productive and come back later. There are many fun activities you can enjoy while the game is unavailable, such as:
a. Walking
b. Sleeping
c. Talking to friends or family
d. Reading
e. Learn something new
f. Watch an exciting documentary on how the Universe works.
g. Work on something, anything really.

or if you must

h. Research the amount of time and effort, as well as many extended down times that every other MMO that has ever been made has had. Many which will make this one pale in comparison.

2. Remember that if this game is not worth playing, they we wont find it worth paying for. So by default Trion has to be working at least somewhat in our best interest for it to be in their own best interest. By this I mean that if this game fails in the long run, which will happen in many small steps, many more people will be fired from Trion. The invested money and time dedicated to this game will of been wasted. Trion's ability to make another MMO in the future will be compromised and their place in the gaming community could be at jeopardy.

3. Making updates is not magic. It takes time and effort to pinpoint the cause of a problem, and then fix it in a manner that does not create new problems. Many people are always demanding more and more updates at a faster and faster pace, but then get upset when an update isn't tested thoroughly. The displeasure is insatiable. Give then the time they need to fix it right, get off their behinds about small stuff that is an inconvenience but not game breaking. If you have issues in game file reports and wait patiently. You are not their only customer.

These few steps may help you not only in this game, but understanding the world around you, timetables and returns on investment, and expectations of employers and employees.

Kutsune
05-23-2013, 05:17 PM
I see what you did there! Post on the forums a list of things people can do instead of posting on the forums while we wait for the game to come up! I'm on to you

Lord Blackthorn
05-23-2013, 06:27 PM
I see what you did there! Post on the forums a list of things people can do instead of posting on the forums while we wait for the game to come up! I'm on to you

Dang it, ya caught me!!!

A s0t
05-23-2013, 06:28 PM
I have a few suggestions for all of you who feel like 9 hours is too long to wait.

1. Stop waiting on a video game:

This game has no bearing on the REAL world. The one where your family and friends exist in actuality. There is no educational content of this game and no physical reward for playing it other than lethargy. Instead of twiddling your thumbs waiting on it to be available again, go do something productive and come back later. There are many fun activities you can enjoy while the game is unavailable, such as:
a. Walking
b. Sleeping
c. Talking to friends or family
d. Reading
e. Learn something new
f. Watch an exciting documentary on how the Universe works.
g. Work on something, anything really.

or if you must

h. Research the amount of time and effort, as well as many extended down times that every other MMO that has ever been made has had. Many which will make this one pale in comparison.

2. Remember that if this game is not worth playing, they we wont find it worth paying for. So by default Trion has to be working at least somewhat in our best interest for it to be in their own best interest. By this I mean that if this game fails in the long run, which will happen in many small steps, many more people will be fired from Trion. The invested money and time dedicated to this game will of been wasted. Trion's ability to make another MMO in the future will be compromised and their place in the gaming community could be at jeopardy.

3. Making updates is not magic. It takes time and effort to pinpoint the cause of a problem, and then fix it in a manner that does not create new problems. Many people are always demanding more and more updates at a faster and faster pace, but then get upset when an update isn't tested thoroughly. The displeasure is insatiable. Give then the time they need to fix it right, get off their behinds about small stuff that is an inconvenience but not game breaking. If you have issues in game file reports and wait patiently. You are not their only customer.

These few steps may help you not only in this game, but understanding the world around you, timetables and returns on investment, and expectations of employers and employees.

my video game addiction is mine