PDA

View Full Version : Great first day

Black Metallic
05-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Watched the show and decided to give the game a shot...

Hope it comes up before midnight.

I'd like to actually make a character :)

cusman
05-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Your optimism is so funny. Wait until you go a few rounds on stuff like this and you wouldn't bother staying up until Midnight.

I think what happened, is they never tested the new Client Update and Server Update together... that is the only thing I can think of. If it was just a server thing, they could roll that back and then be fine... keep people playing and have "patch" release once patch actually ready (wouldn't that be nice?).

Black Metallic
05-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Of course I had to leave work early and download it.. so yeah, kind of a wasted day. I say midnight but I'll be asleep in less than an hour. If it isn't up by tomorrow morning I'll just get my money back from steam. But it would be fun to support the show anyway...

MagellanD
05-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Is it me or do others find it funny that they're patching a patch right now.

Traxx
05-23-2013, 06:24 PM
You might try checking back on Monday. It's more likely to be that long with their track record.

sQuinty
05-23-2013, 06:27 PM
I think what happened, is they never tested the new Client Update and Server Update together... that is the only thing I can think of. If it was just a server thing, they could roll that back and then be fine... keep people playing and have "patch" release once patch actually ready (wouldn't that be nice?).

Even if it's just a server thing, the bug may be so deep they need to restore the game/application to it's old state on all databases and servers, get the fix into the patching process then repatch everything again. All said and done, 9-12 hours total (including the original deployment) isn't unheard of since the first estimate they gave was 4 hours.

sQuinty
05-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Is it me or do others find it funny that they're patching a patch right now.

Working at an IT/Software design company, it happens more often then it should.

Traxx
05-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Like I said, Monday.

ratt707
05-23-2013, 06:29 PM

You chose a hellva day to start "playing."

It isnt usually quite as crazy around here.

Kian
Just started too...

...but the rewind is this weekend... but but YOU SAID

;_;

Rand1701
Yeah, well it's not prolly gonna get any better. If they're current track record is any indicator. Hope ya like PvP shooters, cause that what Defiance is.

EV76
05-23-2013, 06:30 PM
I wonder if they where planning on having a three day weekend, hope it gets fixed today or tomorrow morning. Sucks to be trion right now.

MagellanD
05-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Working at an IT/Software design company, it happens more often then it should.

I work in IT too with devs and yes bugs exist but we don't break something every launch.

Hope499
05-23-2013, 06:32 PM

Welcome to the defiance forums (i wont be using caps anymore, i hate this keyboard) !!!

we hope you enjoy your stay with us. we mostly complain about Trion messing up, and waiting to play. (thats what we do now right?)

anyway, its a great game if you can wait it out.

and if you do???

you sir...will get...to feel (roughly or close to)..

THIS!!!!!!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq2k81nB7b1qht847.gif

Misto29
05-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the defiance forums (i wont be using caps anymore, i hate this keyboard) !!!

we hope you enjoy your stay with us. we mostly complain about Trion messing up, and waiting to play. (thats what we do now right?)

anyway, its a great game if you can wait it out.

and if you do???

you sir...will get...to feel (roughly or close to)..

THIS!!!!!!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq2k81nB7b1qht847.gif

Yeah it's a nice feeling to have. I admit this game has had some issues since day one. But I still get this fuzzy feeling when I play!

Black Metallic
05-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Funny thing when I went to steam it was on sale, so figured "Great timing"! Of course that was at 3pm Eastern when I started to download it lol.

Oh well, maybe someday!

Hawlthorne
05-23-2013, 06:46 PM
...but the rewind is this weekend... but but YOU SAID

It is a rewind.
All the way back to before there was a game to play.

Hope499
05-23-2013, 09:50 PM
It is a rewind.
All the way back to before there was a game to play.

great comment...someone has got to say it

so

ya

nice comment, witty, intelligent and funny

4 posts but i like you

keep it up