PDA

View Full Version : Always Online

scotty1186
05-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Obviously since this is an online game things like this are to be expected, but things like this remind me why I would never purchase a console that requires an always on network to operate. Everyone who says "get better internets" whenever the subject comes up apparently forgets that its not always the users fault when connection is not possible.

Just something I was thinking about during the downtime.

OOsucka
05-23-2013, 07:12 PM
In the last 7 years I may have had a combined total of 3 hrs downtime....so ya get better connex or move

scotty1186
05-23-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm not saying that I have a poor internet connection, I am just saying that it is hard to spend money on something knowing that I may not be able to use it because someone flipped a wrong switch or there is one piece of code that messes up a server.

XFistsClenchedX
05-23-2013, 07:27 PM
You do realize that the XBOX One will allow you to play off-line as long as you are connected once per day? It really isn't a big deal. My 360 is always connected anyway.

o ASYLUM o
05-23-2013, 07:27 PM
In the last 7 years I may have had a combined total of 3 hrs downtime....so ya get better connex or move

and what if something happened to that connection; an act of god perhaps.. lightning struck the cable line outside. That'll be down for more than 24 hours, in fact something like that could take a couple of days to repair. What then? Hmm? just because you live in the city and are privilaged with good internet doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

There's still a good percentage of america wiithout high speed internet, especially those in rural areas. And i'm pretty sure those folks spend more on Single player games than anyone else because the lack internet. That's a lot of people who won't be buying the console.

MisterCheese420
05-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Xbox One is going to fail amazingly unless they change their tune real soon on previously owned games, and the always online ideas.

scotty1186
05-23-2013, 07:31 PM
You do realize that the XBOX One will allow you to play off-line as long as you are connected once per day? It really isn't a big deal. My 360 is always connected anyway.

Yes I do realize that. Nowhere in my post did I mention the Xbox One, and I am not suggesting that it is required. I am just saying that this is the type of thing that makes you realize that things can snowball pretty fast, such as in the simcity launch.

XFistsClenchedX
05-23-2013, 07:32 PM
@MisterCheese420.. No, it won't. People are still going to buy the XBOX One because it has the best controller and best online service. By the way, Sony has the same used game policy as Microsoft.

Commandermech
05-23-2013, 07:38 PM
I live way out in the country by the mountains miles away from any cities and still get good internet connection lol.
You don't need to live in a city to get good connection just need to buy a badass router lol.

KOLZ
05-23-2013, 07:44 PM
LOL stop with the lame excuses. We all know why people dont want an always online console. Then they can't play their illegally downloaded games a week in advance or a month in advance and then mod them to cheat online like what happens now a days. And if people can't live a few hours with out a game that is just sad. ;)

Firetalion
05-23-2013, 07:47 PM
My Windows 8 phone is always online. It would be useless if it wasn't. The same with this computer. And kinda like my 'Friends List' on Xbox LIVE.

LOL stop with the lame excuses. We all know why people dont want an always online console. Then they can't play their illegally downloaded games a week in advance or a month in advance and then mod them to cheat online like what happens now a days. And if people can't live a few hours with out a game that is just sad. ;)

JTAG's and RGH's are for poor people, hahahaha.

Zeldron
05-23-2013, 07:48 PM

And yet we are all here even you..... hmmm interesting

KOLZ
05-23-2013, 07:50 PM
My Windows 8 phone is always online. It would be useless if it wasn't. The same with this computer. And kinda like my 'Friends List' on Xbox LIVE.

JTAG's and RGH's are for poor people, hahahaha.

Which is most of the xbox comunnity really, lol. Look at the lame excuses of why they don't get a 800-1200 point dlc. LOL
And like I say, what if my power goes out to the house? Should I get rid of every electronic then because of that possibility? People use the most lamest excuses to cover up what's really going on, lol.

And yet we are all here even you..... hmmm interesting

And your point is?..

Zeldron
05-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Which is most of the xbox comunnity really, lol. Look at the lame excuses of why they don't get a 800-1200 point dlc. LOL
And like I say, what if my power goes out to the house? Should I get rid of every electronic then because of that possibility? People use the most lamest excuses to cover up what's really going on, lol.

And your point is?..

The only reason you are here raging out is because you cant play. So your rant is meaningless