PDA

View Full Version : does nobody use voice chat in this game?

Smoochie Poochies
05-23-2013, 08:17 PM
One of the biggest selling points for me to get this on console was the ease of use for voice chat, especially in an mmo, I've only heard maybe 2 or 3 people using it in the past week I've owned the game.

Satsuki
05-23-2013, 08:22 PM
I'd wager a lot of people are in party chats with their groups/guilds. I'm often sitting in a party with mine, or even friends playing other games. I'm a mute anyway so I couldn't use a mic if I had one.

Kaoslion
05-23-2013, 08:23 PM
While your driving around in game you hear people just talking to each other. Its been beginning to happen more and more lately.

wolfdempsy
05-23-2013, 08:25 PM
i ussually use voice chat but maybe heard on other person

A s0t
05-23-2013, 08:27 PM
im in xbox party chat to avoid the kinect fishbowl kids

Ominous
05-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Pretty much everyone I hear is someone acting like an ******, or someone's baby crying into the mic.

Or someone's game audio playing over their mic.
So no, I usually don't bother turning my mic on.

Johnkong
05-23-2013, 08:31 PM
I usually have my mic on, although I'm either in clan or group chat. While that's said, I'm bit of an anti-social type of person.

sleepyReezy
Pretty much everyone I hear is someone acting like an ******, or someone's baby crying into the mic.

Or someone's game audio playing over their mic.
So no, I usually don't bother turning my mic on.

+1
i concur with this statement

Solo
No voice chat for me I'm always running "solo".

SydSynister
05-23-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm usually in a party with other members in my clan, and if I'm not I don't have the mic on.
Most of what I hear from others is just random noise,and I don't want to add to that.

mikepaul
05-23-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm usually in a party with other members in my clan, and if I'm not I don't have the mic on.
Most of what I hear from others is just random noise,and I don't want to add to that.
It's not all random noise. It's taunts from creeps who know that they can't be easily traced. I listened to some high-pitched dude repeat his rant over and over because he knew he was anonymous. Had to go away before I said something, which didn't work when another person tried it and increased the taunts.

I hate being a narc, but DAMN I want Trion to add a feature where I could go deep into the chat menu and activate a complaint that would pull the last 5 minutes of voice chat into log that would identify to Trion who was talking. Racist morons being perma-kicked or at least put in a few days of not playing might change an attitude or two...

Ominous
05-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Yeah the crap is horrible. Can't even avoid them causing according to xbox "You haven't played with this person yet"?

Hawk skinner
05-23-2013, 09:34 PM
I use a mic but I am usually the only one, In Shadow war you can usually find another person or two

Johnkong
05-23-2013, 09:35 PM
... Racist morons being perma-kicked or at least put in a few days of not playing might change an attitude or two...

Yes, since we can't play now :P

Kaoslion
05-23-2013, 09:36 PM
IF your isolated you can just go to names on nearby in the chat area and report them that way if its 1 of 2 people leave a ticket stating that.

awuerth
05-23-2013, 09:36 PM
One of the biggest selling points for me to get this on console was the ease of use for voice chat, especially in an mmo, I've only heard maybe 2 or 3 people using it in the past week I've owned the game.

check us out if u want http://arkhunterleague.enjin.com/home

Kalter Stahl
05-23-2013, 09:40 PM
I usually respond to people if they say something but the biggest issue is that most people don't realize they have to unmute area chat. And sometimes updates reset this mutedness.

SRGT Stedenko
05-23-2013, 09:41 PM
we have tried using the chat with our guild but it still has problems... so we have multiple party's using x- box.. were hoping that it may improve soon

awuerth
05-23-2013, 09:42 PM
we have tried using the chat with our guild but it still has problems... so we have multiple party's using x- box.. were hoping that it may improve soon

Was just about to say that as well hopefully this patch fixes that

XFistsClenchedX
05-23-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm usually in clan chat

Lone Star
05-23-2013, 09:56 PM
I hear people, but still havent stopped to figure out mic setup for the game.