PDA

View Full Version : Consoles vs PC

Tachyon
01-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Hey all! First post for me, got my invite for tonight's stress test!

I am curious. Is the online world going to actually be cross-platform across consoles and PC? Since this is an accuracy based shooting game, is there any worry about the XBox/PS3 players being at a disadvantage due to the more accurate/varied PC input devices?

I don't want to bring up the whole Console vs PC argument, so I won't say which I'm partial to. But if PC has a 5000DPI accuracy laser/optical mouse/any number of other custom input devices, and a console has a limited range analog thumbstick, won't that be a bit unfair? Is it not a concern since there will be both console and PC players on each side to even it out?

I know people who play with high end PC input devices on consoles using adapters like the Xim Edge and really seem to have an advantage.

Cheers!

Deathrow
01-11-2013, 12:07 PM
No , its not gonna be crossplatform due to fact that PC players would dominate console players cause of hardware advantage.

Militaratus
01-11-2013, 12:08 PM
The 3 platforms won't play together or against each other. They are separated, so PC players can only play with PC players / Xbox 360 Players can only play with Xbox 360 Players, etc.

squidgod2000
01-11-2013, 12:16 PM
No , its not gonna be crossplatform due to fact that PC players would dominate console players cause of hardware advantage.

Actually, it's due to the fact that Microsoft and Sony won't allow it, but what you said is also true.

Tachyon
01-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Hmm that makes me worry about how they are going to weigh game events from various platforms. If battles or events play out differently across platforms, how will they work that into the TV show?

Retsopmi
01-11-2013, 12:30 PM

Sooo naive. You do realize that both the PS3 and the Xbox support keyboards and mice right? Welcome to the 21st century. Not to mention there are pro console gamers that have put PC gamers to shame with controllers. It's time to wake up and realize the input method is just a small portion. Good players are good players.

@OP. No cross platform play. Which is mainly because of the hate between Sony and Microsoft. PC and one of the systems could be linked, but never all three because neither Sony or Microsoft will allow it.

Paladin
01-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Sooo naive. You do realize that both the PS3 and the Xbox support keyboards and mice right? Welcome to the 21st century. Not to mention there are pro console gamers that have put PC gamers to shame with controllers. It's time to wake up and realize the input method is just a small portion. Good players are good players.

@OP. No cross platform play. Which is mainly because of the hate between Sony and Microsoft. PC and one of the systems could be linked, but never all three because neither Sony or Microsoft will allow it.

Sooooo naive. You do realize you just said screw everyone else who doesn't have a USB keyboard and mouse with a console right? That would mean just to get on fair ground, console players would have to buy a mouse andd keyboard meaning more cost, meaning less players.

Tachyon
01-11-2013, 12:34 PM

Whoa dude relax. I told you I didn't want to bring up this battle. Actually, have you tried to play an FPS game on XBox with a mouse and keyboard? You are not allowed! You can plug them in for web browsing and whatnot. But you cannot play with them because it makes the game unfair for people. Why the hell do you think devices like the XFPS and XIM exist, it is because you have to "hack" mouse and keyboards on to use them in game.

Of course you are going to have instances of one beating the other with their device of choice, it more comes down to PC = Any controller on the planet, Console = Very limited controller options.

Yeesh.

Dryblood
01-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Having all three consoles I can safely say that PC is the better of the choices available. Four plus years back consoles where able to match up with the PC's but these days they are simply left in the dust due to the PC's ability to be upgraded.

Retsopmi
01-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Sooooo naive. You do realize you just said screw everyone else who doesn't have a USB keyboard and mouse with a console right? That would mean just to get on fair ground, console players would have to buy a mouse andd keyboard meaning more cost, meaning less players.

Reading comprehension is a skill you lack I see. Did you see the part where I said it has been shown that pro console gamers head to head with Pro PC gamers have WON with the use of controllers. A good player is a good player. The whole kb/mouse vs controller debate is childish and rather moronic. Search youtube. Not sure if the video is still around but the best teams from PC CS played the best teams from Xbox CS and it was a very equal fight.

Retsopmi
01-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Whoa dude relax. I told you I didn't want to bring up this battle. Actually, have you tried to play an FPS game on XBox with a mouse and keyboard? You are not allowed! You can plug them in for web browsing and whatnot. But you cannot play with them because it makes the game unfair for people. Why the hell do you think devices like the XFPS and XIM exist, it is because you have to "hack" mouse and keyboards on to use them in game.

Of course you are going to have instances of one beating the other with their device of choice, it more comes down to PC = Any controller on the planet, Console = Very limited controller options.

Yeesh.

Who isn't relaxed? If you read anger, you should change the voice in your head lol.

Its actually really easy to use a KB mouse combo on xbox. Takes very little time and requires no "hacking". Just like now on Windows they added a whole program for the xbox controller instead of just a driver.

PS3 will support anything bluetooth or USB. It's really easy over there also.

Titchi

Yeesh.

Bud, please read other threads in the forum. This issue has been brought up numerous times. This battle would have never happened if you just took 2 minutes to look. ;) I have a new battle for all of us though....

BATTLETOADS!

Tachyon
Reading comprehension is a skill you lack I see. Did you see the part where I said it has been shown that pro console gamers head to head with Pro PC gamers have WON with the use of controllers. A good player is a good player. The whole kb/mouse vs controller debate is childish and rather moronic. Search youtube. Not sure if the video is still around but the best teams from PC CS played the best teams from Xbox CS and it was a very equal fight.

Seriously dude, I said not to go down this flame/troll war about PC vs Consoles. This is about cross-platforming, and PC's ability to support alternative input devices when consoles DON'T! And I would suggest you do a little research, before claiming other's nativity, when you obviously don't have your facts straight. Consoles DO NOT support keyboard/mice input for gaming due to the advantages/disadvantages they provide.

Tachyon
01-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Bud, please read other threads in the forum. This issue has been brought up numerous times. This battle would have never happened if you just took 2 minutes to look. ;) I have a new battle for all of us though....

BATTLETOADS!

Indeed .. don't feed the troll ..

http://lparchive.org/Battletoads/Images/1-Battletoads_1.jpg

Man that game was hard..

Retsopmi
01-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Seriously dude, I said not to go down this flame/troll war about PC vs Consoles. This is about cross-platforming, and PC's ability to support alternative input devices when consoles DON'T! And I would suggest you do a little research, before claiming other's nativity, when you obviously don't have your facts straight. Consoles DO NOT support keyboard/mice input for gaming due to the advantages/disadvantages they provide.

Really? Do I need to take a picture of me playing Halo 4 with the same keyboard and mouse I'm typing with right now? Just because YOU yourself can't figure it out, doesn't mean others can't.

Did you also not see the guy who turned the Kinect into a full blown controller and was playing WoW with it? There are lots of things people can do. Just cause you can't, doesn't me it isn't real.

Tachyon
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Really? Do I need to take a picture of me playing Halo 4 with the same keyboard and mouse I'm typing with right now? Just because YOU yourself can't figure it out, doesn't mean others can't.

Did you also not see the guy who turned the Kinect into a full blown controller and was playing WoW with it? There are lots of things people can do. Just cause you can't, doesn't me it isn't real.

Dude, I have an XFPS Sniper Pro, I can do it as well. No ****, lots of people hack things. My point is they are not officially supported out of the box. Are you even reading what I am writing?

Wow. Okay go ahead get the last word .. this isn't worth my time anymore.

Titchi
01-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Quiet my sweet Battletoads. Hush now.

Retsopmi
01-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Dude, I have an XFPS Sniper Pro, I can do it as well. No ****, lots of people hack things. My point is they are not officially supported out of the box. Are you even reading what I am writing?

Wow. Okay go ahead get the last word .. this isn't worth my time anymore.

It's not "hacking". Windows doesn't support a PS3 controller out of the box. You don't have to "hack" windows to use it. Hell windows out of the box doesn't support the majority of 3rd party parts. So does every windows user "hack" windows to use their hardware?

Same applies to the PS3 and Xbox. No "hacking" is required. You aren't changing the coding of the base systems at all.

Thanks for the last word. Your apology is accepted.

Mightus
01-11-2013, 02:21 PM
To this day I find no MMO other than Final Fantasy XI ever getting the cross platform treatment. perhaps they really do just want to avoid a disadvantage when it comes to shooting type of MMO's.

Mirimon
01-11-2013, 03:00 PM
has nothing to do with any of that, it has to do with the various console companies and their willingness to work together or use open systems.. such as.. server and services that aren't their own (mainly an xbox issue). The concept that there is a lack of appropriate input devices for console is.. well false. While xbox does have these issues, nothing really stops ps3 from using mouse/keyboard or even flight simulator sticks. Other than custom software that lets you fine-tune, or manipulate sensitivity and keybinds, mouse/keyboard work fine, and have been in use since the days of the original ps2.

no.. the game isn't truly on a shared server cross platform because "pc would dominate the console players" lol.. it's simply due to the business models of other companies involved. (Playstation, mind you, is free, but also does not require it's publishers to use their network service or their servers, but lets them have that choice between them or their own. MS will simply refuse to do such, on top of charging additional fees.. and any content created by the publisher, no matter what it is.. is also subject to any fees MS feels like charging.)

Kris
01-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Back on topic, didn't Defiance devs said the game would be crossplatform in their dev diaries videos? Or have they changed their mind?

Iceman
01-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Cross-platform is what I remember seeing.

GeneralTechnique
01-13-2013, 04:02 AM
To this day I find no MMO other than Final Fantasy XI ever getting the cross platform treatment. perhaps they really do just want to avoid a disadvantage when it comes to shooting type of MMO's.

As far as "shooters" go in the whole cross-platform gaming area, go look up "Shadowrun".

Anyways, this thread seems to have become pointless and seemingly deserves to die.

Karnivorous
01-13-2013, 04:23 AM
Before it dies...someone brought up the interesting issue of how they will implement events from the game into the film because events may turn out differently on xbox, ps3 and pc

Ultima12
01-13-2013, 10:26 AM
It would be awesome if all three platforms could play together but do to microsoft and sony being bitter enemies it'll never happen.... I think when Trion says it's cross platform they simply mean it's going to be available on all platforms.

GeneralZOCK
01-13-2013, 10:30 AM
cross platfroms would be bad on PVP because COnsoles got aiming helps that would be bad =D
otherwise would be a good gamemodel for defiance

Draidus
01-13-2013, 11:04 AM
They could do cross platform PVE and then restrict PVP. As far as PVP went. I used the xbox controller on the PC and had no problem playing in PVP

Tachyon
01-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Before it dies...someone brought up the interesting issue of how they will implement events from the game into the film because events may turn out differently on xbox, ps3 and pc

Yes, This ^^^

Za3n
01-13-2013, 05:39 PM
I would take a shot in the dark an guess an say either. A. use the one with largest playerbase or B. look at cumulative results of all 3.

stormaaron
01-13-2013, 05:43 PM
They could do cross platform PVE and then restrict PVP. As far as PVP went. I used the xbox controller on the PC and had no problem playing in PVP

The consoles company's are uncooperative they wont let every console mingle in any aspect of the game

squidgod2000
01-13-2013, 07:48 PM

Implementation of game to show or show to game will be nothing like a lot of people assume/imagine. Trion and SyFy aren't going to leave things like plot and storyline to chance.

It'll likely be similar to some world events in Rift. Whole server works together to kill a few thousand mobs or do some quests or something in a purely can't-fail event. Why? Because showing the results of the event in the show six months after the players did it would suck. Whatever the effect of the game event is will be in the show the week after (and only happen during the season, obviously). The crossover is a hundred times more effective when there's not months of writing, shooting, and post-production involved.

Shadinaxx
01-14-2013, 07:19 AM

The census for how this would work is:

scenario is presented with pass or fail, and varying lvls for each. So for instance if there are 15 servers, and the result is pass, due to 8 servers passing the event, the result could be determined as victory that was not without It's cost. however, if 13 of 15 servers completed the event, the result could be a resounding victory due to superior tactics and ark tech.

fs23otm
01-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Don't know if this was posted, but it clears up the reasons:

ZAM: If I’m playing on the PC, will I encounter Xbox or PlayStation 3 players?

Hill: No. We can do that right now – the PCs are playing with the PlayStations – and every day we put out a build for each, and we all play together. Unfortunately the first parties – Sony and Microsoft – aren’t too keen on us doing that, so no. We’re not allowed to.

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=31361&storypage=2

Obsidian
01-14-2013, 09:06 AM
The consoles company's are uncooperative they wont let every console mingle in any aspect of the game

Yup. Right now at trion they have all their testers on all platforms on a single server see the above ZAM atricle, But sadly Sony and Microsoft will not allow this to happen, at best we "MIGHT" see xbox and pc work together, but sonys stance on pc gaming is one of vile hate. >.> Might be because they get hacked by pcs? Whatever it is a moronic idea from a business model... Not in the way the tech is evolving.

But when Deathrow said that PC's have a hardware advantage he didnt mean just the mouse and keyboard, He ment that even when the next gens come out that I can walk into a store and buy a gaming rig that surpasses the latest console. Look at skyrim, within days of it being out there were hundreds of mods that opened up the engine to make it run better, faster and boosted resolution for the pc's, the engine was gimped so it could run on the consoles. Same thing will happen to Defiance, in wow there are mods that triple the poly count on almost everything so that the "12 year old" engine actually looks ok... ish.. But as far as pvp goes it would be unbalanced to allow the pc's to play vs xbox vs ps3 because our rigs simply out preform them.

Voodeux
01-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Don't know if this was posted, but it clears up the reasons:

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=31361&storypage=2

That is rather disappointing. They are capable of interacting, as DUST 514 is showing right now with EVE Online PC gamers interacting with DUST infantry Playstation guys.

fs23otm
01-14-2013, 10:18 AM
That is rather disappointing. They are capable of interacting, as DUST 514 is showing right now with EVE Online PC gamers interacting with DUST infantry Playstation guys.

They can do it. However, Microsoft and Sony don't want to play nice. So instead of choosing once console, they just make it so people are limited to their own console/PC.

In the article the Dev says right now in Dev testing, they have PC and Playstations playing together.

DiRtDoGg
01-14-2013, 10:23 AM
yea i think it would be amazing if all consoles and PCS were able to play together however microsoft and sony don't like or allow this for the most part so the restrictions from them are causing this not being able to happen.

Siphaed
01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Yup. Right now at trion they have all their testers on all platforms on a single server see the above ZAM atricle, But sadly Sony and Microsoft will not allow this to happen, at best we "MIGHT" see xbox and pc work together, but sonys stance on pc gaming is one of vile hate. >.> Might be because they get hacked by pcs? Whatever it is a moronic idea from a business model... Not in the way the tech is evolving.

But when Deathrow said that PC's have a hardware advantage he didnt mean just the mouse and keyboard, He ment that even when the next gens come out that I can walk into a store and buy a gaming rig that surpasses the latest console. Look at skyrim, within days of it being out there were hundreds of mods that opened up the engine to make it run better, faster and boosted resolution for the pc's, the engine was gimped so it could run on the consoles. Same thing will happen to Defiance, in wow there are mods that triple the poly count on almost everything so that the "12 year old" engine actually looks ok... ish.. But as far as pvp goes it would be unbalanced to allow the pc's to play vs xbox vs ps3 because our rigs simply out preform them.

Just to clarify, same thing will NOT happen for Defiance. For MMO's, especially ones that tie-in PvP, the developers are very restricted on mods or changes to the game's client (see Planeside 2 dev calling hackers a bunch of *****s while saying modding will get you banned). In fact, the Terms of Use -which is at the bottom of this very page- states clearly that modding is not allowed.

2. Additional License Limitations

The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the “License Limitations”). Any use of the Service, Game(s) (including Game-related Virtual Items which may be offered in connection with such Game(s) to the extent applicable), Game Client(s) and/or Service in violation of the License Limitations or the Agreements will be regarded as an infringement of Trion’s rights. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, modifications (mods) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience;
exploit the Game(s) or any of its parts (such as any Game-related Virtual Items which may be offered in connection with such Game(s)), the Game Client(s) or Service, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation (a) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Trion (as, for instance, set forth in a Game EULA); (b) communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation; (c) for gathering Virtual Items and/or resources for sale outside the Game; or (d) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, (e.g., power-leveling, etc…);
use the Game(s) (including Game-related Virtual Items which may be offered in connection with such Game(s)) or any of its parts, or the Service, for any “e-sports” or group competition sponsored, promoted or facilitated by any commercial or non-profit entity without Trion’s prior written consent;
use the Site, Account, Game(s) (including Game-related Virtual Items, if any), Game Client(s) and/or Service in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not (a) institute, assist or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation denial of service attacks, upon the Service or otherwise attempt to disrupt the Service or any other person’s use of the Service; or (b) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, Accounts registered to other players, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Service;
reproduce, sell, use as an investment vehicle, trade, transfer outside of the Game(s) or otherwise misuse Game-related Virtual Items or in-Game resources that may be offered in connection with any Game(s);
use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines,” or otherwise collects information from or through the Site, Account(s), Game(s) (including Game-related Virtual Items, if any), Game Client(s) and/or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game(s) or the Service to store information about a character or the game environment; provided, however, that Trion may, in its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;
modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game(s) (including Game-related Virtual Items, if any), Game Client(s) and/or the Service in any way not expressly authorized by Trion;
host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game, Game Client(s) and/or the Service, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Trion in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play, or as part of content aggregation networks;
facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Game, Game Client(s) and/or the Service, including without limitation (a) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service; and (b) any connection using programs or tools not expressly approved by Trion;
violate any applicable law or regulation in connection with your use of the Site, Account, Game(s), (including Game-related Virtual Items, if any), Game Client(s) and/or the Service; or
disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support the Service (each a “Server”); or (ii) any other player’s Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE SERVICE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME CLIENT MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

Shadinaxx
01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Don't even need mods, or third party programs for a pc rig to out perform a console. Simply put, a console is much lighter weight than a pc. For instance, if you take PS3 or Xbox encounters in say... Call of duty, some parts of large scale multiplayer battles with tons of stuff going on, if you are sniping over the field of engagement, your view distance will be less than a more powerful pc rig. In PvP with open world access like that, a pc sniper will be able to get those crazy 1 mile away shots.

nothing to do with user input or control. Just pure machine power. The console might as well try to fight using their iPod.

the other factor to consider besides a seldom encountered scenario, is with PvP, if there is an engagement going on, and 12 more people race in on their quads, a console will take a little bit longer computing the new entities, and you won't see them right away. A pc will render them on a larger area due to beefier hardware.

let's face it, no one would care if the PS3 or Xbox had less performance than a pc in pve. It all boils down to competitive PvP.

Train
01-14-2013, 02:35 PM
The PC community in this game will be better in my opinion.

When do you ever hear people on PS3 or XBL being civil in chat.... it is a rare commodity. I know it happens in PC gaming too but not as much from my experiences.

And if you have the option to play on a PC then why play on consoles that have dumbed down graphics from the outdated hardware.

I can understand people playing on consoles because they really do not have the option because they do not have gaming PCs.

Titchi
01-14-2013, 02:39 PM
The PC community in this game will be better in my opinion.

When do you ever hear people on PS3 or XBL being civil in chat.... it is a rare commodity. I know it happens in PC gaming too but not as much from my experiences.

And if you have the option to play on a PC then why play on consoles that have dumbed down graphics from the outdated hardware.

I can understand people playing on consoles because they really do not have the option because they do not have gaming PCs.

Barren's Chat *cough cough* :)

Train
01-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Barren's Chat *cough cough* :)

Well that is a whole other story...

Titchi
01-14-2013, 02:53 PM
True true... ahhhh just thinking about that... brings back the memories. The horrific topics.

kinglonewolf
01-14-2013, 03:36 PM
I like how some are saying that crossplatforing is not possible because of the issue's between Xbox, ps3 and the PC have with each other.

Ever think that it's not that they hate each other, but rather that the mechanics won't work with each other?

I remember the last game to have Cross-Platforming was L4D 1 with Xbox and PC, Only worked for a month. Not because people had issues between community, But the mechanics between how PC worked and Xbox worked were just not enough to have stable connections or work with each other. The core mechanics between both games and there coding just couldn't sink together to work.

Same reason why we don't see cross-platforming now. All systems are different in core components on how they work, and how the games are coded differently to work with each system. Even with Windows 8 and the Metro theme trying to solve this and get Cross-platforming working again is an issue.

but even if cross-platforming doesn't work to play with other players on different system... Wonder if character transfer will? to be able to use your character on any system when you wish? to give the player the ability to play there character on PC, then migrate over to Xbox or PS3 and still play the same person??

Exiledtyrant
01-14-2013, 04:22 PM
I do not understand the argument that pc players would dominate console players. The cross platform game Unreal tournament 3 on the ps3 linked ps3 players with pc players without a hitch and both teams would perform on the same level. if unreal tournament, a famous skill oriented shooter in it's own right, could pull it off I don't see how Defiance could not.

Maybe the devs should try to touch base from some of the ppl on UT3 and see what it exactly took to grease the wheel over there to get cross platform going

squidgod2000
01-14-2013, 04:25 PM
I like how some are saying that crossplatforing is not possible because of the issue's between Xbox, ps3 and the PC have with each other.

Ever think that it's not that they hate each other, but rather that the mechanics won't work with each other?

Trion has stated repeatedly that they play cross-platform internally--360/ps3/pc all playing together on one server.

Za3n
01-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Every comment on the matter from trion has been that due to first party issue's there will be no cross-platform come release. First party being Sony and Microsoft not wanting people to swim in the same pool together.

JadrianN7
01-14-2013, 05:50 PM

I remember the last game to have Cross-Platforming was L4D 1 with Xbox and PC, Only worked for a month. Not because people had issues between community, But the mechanics between how PC worked and Xbox worked were just not enough to have stable connections or work with each other. The core mechanics between both games and there coding just couldn't sink together to work.

Same reason why we don't see cross-platforming now. All systems are different in core components on how they work, and how the games are coded differently to work with each system. Even with Windows 8 and the Metro theme trying to solve this and get Cross-platforming working again is an issue.

but even if cross-platforming doesn't work to play with other players on different system... Wonder if character transfer will? to be able to use your character on any system when you wish? to give the player the ability to play there character on PC, then migrate over to Xbox or PS3 and still play the same person??

ZAM: If I’m playing on the PC, will I encounter Xbox or PlayStation 3 players?

Hill: No. We can do that right now – the PCs are playing with the PlayStations – and every day we put out a build for each, and we all play together. Unfortunately the first parties – Sony and Microsoft – aren’t too keen on us doing that, so no. We’re not allowed to.

Full article can be found here (http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=31361)

/thread

Obsidian
01-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Just to clarify, same thing will NOT happen for Defiance. For MMO's, especially ones that tie-in PvP, the developers are very restricted on mods or changes to the game's client (see Planeside 2 dev calling hackers a bunch of *****s while saying modding will get you banned). In fact, the Terms of Use -which is at the bottom of this very page- states clearly that modding is not allowed.

Most mmo's have mods that are client side. These cannot be detected and dispite no mod rules, I've been running these since early wow and EQ. Simply put an enhanced poly count mod can not, 1. Impact gameplay in pvp or pve aside from makeing the game more crisp. 2. Are completely undetectable, You cannot detect someone that uses a client side graphical alteration. 3. Most "mods" are not hack based, i.e. they are not made to let you cheat, Aggro mods, in game loot lists just to name a few are all fine, and only increases quality of life.

Now Hacks, Aimbots, Hit-box alteration. Yes.... these are ALLL very bad, and as mods go are very intrusive. These are what the terms of use are refuring to. So please calm down. I know many color blind gamers that use mods to change colors of some of the graphics so they can Actually PLAY the game. There are entire websites commited to colorblind mods for many mmos. There is a difference... but sadly those things are not open to console gamers.

EdelweissGrimm
01-14-2013, 07:05 PM
why do people get all heated it these stupid console wars crap... it makes me laugh, i will enjoy the game regardless of what it launches on... lol

Wolf
01-15-2013, 10:04 AM
why do people get all heated it these stupid console wars crap... it makes me laugh, i will enjoy the game regardless of what it launches on... lol

I've not decided yet which system to pick this up on yet? Its a straight choice between either PC or Xbox 360. I've played many a PC MMO, but truth be told if the 360 looks and plays well? Then I'd rather play this on a 42" TV while sitting on the couch. :)

Titchi
01-15-2013, 11:04 AM
I've not decided yet which system to pick this up on yet? Its a straight choice between either PC or Xbox 360. I've played many a PC MMO, but truth be told if the 360 looks and plays well? Then I'd rather play this on a 42" TV while sitting on the couch. :)

Move the TV to your computer... Play on a 42" TV while sitting in your comfy office chair watching **** on the other monitor. Live like a boss like I do.

Militaratus
01-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Since the PC version has controller support you can move & hook up your PC to your TV, and play with a wired Xbox 360 controller on your comfy couch.

Then again, if you want the Xbox Live Achievements, pick it up for the Xbox 360. :D
You'll have pretty much the shame experience & UI on both platforms.

Sinclair
01-15-2013, 11:47 AM
PC + DPI always win VS xbox/ps3 controller

DiRtDoGg
01-15-2013, 01:00 PM
PC version for me all the way. However it would be nice playing on my couch on a 40+ inch TV

Wolf
01-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Play through both beta's for pc and 360. Get a feel for how they both operate and differ from each other and you'll be in a far better position to decide.

Wolf
01-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Then again, if you want the Xbox Live Achievements, pick it up for the Xbox 360. :D.

OMG Achievements! Now that is something I hadn't thought of before. :D

EdelweissGrimm
01-15-2013, 03:13 PM
thats pretty much how im leaning too :)

Wildbill
01-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Ill be playing on the xbox since my computer is crappy and cant afford a new one right now.

BaiorOfRed
01-17-2013, 02:01 PM
I will always hope for cross-platform/same server play, but I get the feeling that's like wishing for world peace. Sounds great, too bad there's too many people/companies with selfish motives to make it happen. However, being able to seamlessly transfer your character back and forth to different systems and play anyway you want would be PHENOMENAL.

DiRtDoGg
01-17-2013, 02:33 PM
I will always hope for cross-platform/same server play, but I get the feeling that's like wishing for world peace. Sounds great, too bad there's too many people/companies with selfish motives to make it happen. However, being able to seamlessly transfer your character back and forth to different systems and play anyway you want would be PHENOMENAL.

omg that would be amazing. We can only pray but sadly i doubt it will ever happen :(

AquaVixen
01-17-2013, 07:15 PM

PC version for me all the way. However it would be nice playing on my couch on a 40+ inch TV

Any PC capable of playing this game on highest settings will be able to connect to any LCD/Plasma/LED HDTV over hdmi and support audio-out via the hdmi port(s), it will come up in windows 7/8 as a standard LCD screen just like your desktop monitors.

Lord Marshal
01-17-2013, 08:48 PM
I don't remember if this game will have PvP, but my spotty memory says yes, then from everything I have read from different games, PC gamers will have a major advantage over console gamers in PvP. I am not sure why, but every time I have seen it come up that seems to be the consensus.

Gramis
01-17-2013, 08:48 PM
I believe I will be playing more on the PS3. I hate paying for the monthly service of Xbox, and i still don't have the money for a $100 GPU.