PDA

View Full Version : "Menu wheel now displays automatically when opening the EGO menu" -> REVERT this crap

CptBadger
05-24-2013, 12:54 AM
What on earth is your GUI designer smoking Trion ? This GUI is INSULTING to us PC players as it is, and now you add this ?

What for ? What's the point ?

It is super annyoing, revert this crap NAO! o.O

Dracian
05-24-2013, 01:05 AM
It's been ages since I used the Esc key to call the menu...

You should try the F1 to F8 buttons :

- F1 : Character
- F2 : Pursuits
- F3 : Map
- F4 : Intel
- F5 : Shop
- F6 : Options
- F7 : Matchmaking
- F8 : Social

Et voila.

Shadowgrim
05-24-2013, 01:08 AM
I'm with you on this. I use a controller to play. So I can't switch between my loadouts as fast as I did before. This is such an annoying set back. I hope they change it back or add an option to have the wheel toggled on or off.

DaMaJaDiZ
05-24-2013, 01:11 AM
It affects controller users as well. And it is extremely disruptive and the kiss of death. This does really need to go away. I get the impression that engineers and coders are making these decisions, and not designers.

Arsenic_Touch
05-24-2013, 01:16 AM
I honestly did not think they could make the UI any worse.... I was wrong.

CptBadger
05-24-2013, 03:12 AM
It's been ages since I used the Esc key to call the menu...

You should try the F1 to F8 buttons :

- F1 : Character
- F2 : Pursuits
- F3 : Map
- F4 : Intel
- F5 : Shop
- F6 : Options
- F7 : Matchmaking
- F8 : Social

Et voila.

This is quite useful to know. However the funny thing is that those keybinds are NOWHERE to be found. My character panel is by default bound to L. Nowhere it is listed as F1.

Good riddance Trion. o.O

Lasse B
05-24-2013, 03:23 AM
It affects controller users as well. And it is extremely disruptive and the kiss of death. This does really need to go away. I get the impression that engineers and coders are making these decisions, and not designers.

Frankly no, the person who made the decision to bring up the circle menu cannot have been either. Both as an engineer and a programmer you know of the importance of efficiency. They don't willingly put work into making something efficient-ish rather inefficient.

My guess is this change was forced down from higher up the queue. The higher up you go, the less knowledgeable people are when it comes to games, although games are their business.