PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Castithan DLC..

Sheikah
05-24-2013, 01:51 AM
This has probably been adressed already, but if it has, I have found myself unable to find this information..

Was there ever any clarification on whether or not the Castithan blade-type weapon was going to be an actual "viable" weapon, akin to the regular guns we've been rocking thus far?

If so, will it be a replacement for the regular melee attack (which would be a PITA to spam on end), or used akin to what WB did in Gotham City Imposters with the Falcon Blade (alternative to equipped gun, spam trigger to slash)

I'm busy rolling my "main" up a few levels, but I really wanna warp her into a Castithan when the DLC is out and, if possible, make her a melee centric character. It's very much keeping me grinding, atm :)

Schwa
05-24-2013, 01:53 AM
It is an actual weapon you'd equip, as if you'd equip a shotgun or an assault rifle. It takes one of two of your weapon slots on your loadout.

Source: Some podcast.

diggergig
05-24-2013, 02:10 AM
It is an actual weapon you'd equip, as if you'd equip a shotgun or an assault rifle. It takes one of two of your weapon slots on your loadout.

Did you guys see the energy sniper he was holding in the pic also?

Sheikah
05-24-2013, 03:21 AM

Ooh? Thank you. That sounds pretty cool.. I can't wait. I wonder how it is going to fare damage-wise.. And with survivability being a bit of an issue for me, I reckon that playstyle will not do me any favours. It'll be glorious :D

Bman10119
05-24-2013, 03:33 AM
Except for the fact the dlc will just launch with only a few days warning and will bring the servers down for 72 hours. Seems likely.

Murder
05-24-2013, 03:47 AM
Can't wait to see how they play, hopefully they end up being fairly balanced.

Digital Soulja
05-24-2013, 04:35 AM
Looking forward to the melee weapons, finally a reason to use blur.

Miserere
05-24-2013, 04:48 AM
I am very excited about the new weapons. It should be fun but I can also hear people QQing about how OP it is and what not.

Sheikah
05-24-2013, 07:06 AM
I am very excited about the new weapons. It should be fun but I can also hear people QQing about how OP it is and what not.

I can see that too, but considering that you need to run like a madman and NOT get sniped / slowed in the process, it seems to be an even trade... What's going through my mind is blur.. or cloak? Blur seems like the obvious choice with its' surrounding talents, but cloak may just be the way to go?

Raider510
05-24-2013, 07:19 AM
It actually makes me wonder how many people are actually going to create a new character being a Castithan. I know for a fact I will mainly due to me feeling they are the best looking people in the tv show and game. It would be quite the riot that when the DLC comes out that everyone suddenly is all the same race. I'd have quite a laugh at the arkfalls.

- Lamarr

oo629
05-24-2013, 07:21 AM
I can see that too, but considering that you need to run like a madman and NOT get sniped / slowed in the process, it seems to be an even trade... What's going through my mind is blur.. or cloak? Blur seems like the obvious choice with its' surrounding talents, but cloak may just be the way to go?

What about Decoy? Teleporting behind an ennemy sounds fun.

Sheikah
05-24-2013, 07:24 AM
It actually makes me wonder how many people are actually going to create a new character being a Castithan. I know for a fact I will mainly due to me feeling they are the best looking people in the tv show and game. It would be quite the riot that when the DLC comes out that everyone suddenly is all the same race. I'd have quite a laugh at the arkfalls.

- Lamarr

I reckon most people, who pay for the DLC, will allow themselves to pay for a re-roll and just shape their mains into Castithans... but you're right, Castithans are, kind of, what elves are to RPGs.. many fans of them out there (present company included) -- with the whole "pick a colour for your blade" thing, tho, I foresee many Star Wars referring characters :p..

Edit --

What about Decoy? Teleporting behind an ennemy sounds fun.

I didn't even think about that one... So useful :p

Raider510
05-24-2013, 07:43 AM
So wait, you mean to tell me there is a way to change my character without losing my weapons and ego or am I just misinterpreting what you're saying?

- Lamarr

Omnifarious Xji
05-24-2013, 08:37 AM
So wait, you mean to tell me there is a way to change my character without losing my weapons and ego or am I just misinterpreting what you're saying?

- Lamarr
It's coming with the DLC, you'll have to pay real world money in order change your character though... So pay for the DLC, then pay again to use the character you paid for.

Raider510
05-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Got you. So then this means that I can instead just start a new character from scratch and still keep my original character right? I'd rather just do that. But if, and I know it is highly doubtful, the price to change a character is cheap than I might consider it. Thanks for the info though. I've been looking and failing to find more info on characters and their development.

- Lamarr