PDA

View Full Version : I meet the recommended system requirements, but the game is performing slow!?

Odourman
05-24-2013, 04:39 AM
I have been searching the forum for an answer, but can't find one.

Even though I meet the recommended system requirements the game is performing real slow.
FPS is at 25 - 40 at average, sometimes (when looking into the ground) it's 57.
I run the game at 1280x1020 (1600x1200 drops the fps to a max 38 FPS). I have turned off shadows, bloom and motion blur. Graphic quality is set at medium, there is no change if I set it to low but a big drop if I set it to high.
Is it my computer or is it the game? Is this normal?

Recommended system requirements are:
Defiance Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz CPU or better or similar AMD processor

RAM: 4GB System Memory

GPU RAM: 1024MB video card

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 or ATI Radeon HD 4750 or better

DX: 9.0c direct x

Mine:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz

RAM: 4GB System Memory

GPU RAM: 2024MB video card

GPU: xtx r7750 core edition (set to enhance performance in settings)

DX: direct x 11

My internet connection: download speed 10.50 Mb/s uploadspeed 12.11 Mb/s

Miserere
05-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Do you have Windows Defender running? It can cause performance issues. Also, might want to look into getting more RAM. Even though Windows 8 proclaims to be more streamline and requiring less, it's still a hog. Shoot for 8 if your unit can do it (which it most likely can)

RagingBombast
05-24-2013, 04:50 AM
Defiance is a multi-core game (It takes advantage of multiple CPUs).

The Duos weren't exactly great when it came to this. From a CPU perspective, you're actually not up to snuff (an i5 performs much higher then any Duo).

That being said, its almost definitely RAM and/or background programs.

sQuinty
05-24-2013, 06:53 AM
As Raging said. I5's are quadcore, and perform much better (especially for games that support multi-core) then a duo-core ever will.

But your RAM is also just at the games minimum requirements, though I will be honest I haven't looked at how much the game uses my ram, or how fast it's sending stuff in and out, but if you are running a duo-core it's also possible and likely the speed of your RAM is pretty dated as well.

FizzyMyNizzy
05-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Your Intel Core 2 Duo is 2 thread. The I5 is 4 thread. This game is cpu heavy, the reason why it is CPU heavy, it is using Havok game engine. And who owns Havok you might ask. Intel.

http://www.havok.com/client-projects/games/defiance

Intel To Acquire Havok
http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/2007/20070914corp.htm

You could try force vsync off some where inside AMD CCC panel. I am sure you could force it off, and see does that help.

I'm not sure do you know how to overclock. If you do.. remember to play it safe.. Nothing really higher than 80-85c for the cpu. Well, that's just me, every one has different numbers on the temp.