PDA

View Full Version : Well... F#@K!

Legion Harkonnen
05-24-2013, 04:47 AM
God damn it, Trion...

This isn't the normal complain thread, different kind. I actually dig this game and have very few complaints that aren't based around personal preference... but you guys kinda screwed me over today, lol.

SO.. I went to download the patch, got all the way through it and got that "Critical Error" thing I guess a bunch of folks are getting. Didn't really bother me, was already floating around the forums and saw that it was a possibility. So alright, I can delete the game off my hard drive and re-install it, that's cool.

BUT THEN... as I go to re-install, my damn xbox red-ringed after having to spin up the cd-rom for the first time in... however long. Least I'm assuming that's what kicked it off, cuz only got to 1% before it keeled over.

So now, my broke *** has no xbox because of that damn critical error.

Now, I know this isn't really TRION'S fault, but I have absolutely nobody else to blame... so...

**** you, Trion, and the Arkfall you rode in on.

Legion Harkonnen
05-24-2013, 05:10 AM
NEVERMIND! All well and good, now.

I apologize for my admittedly abrupt and completely illogical blame, lol.

WarDawgUk
05-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Did you take a happy pill :D

Schmiznurf
05-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Your xbox working fine now?

I've had the red rings on two consoles and both have been replaced due to warranty, my current one has had the red rings appear a few times but nothing turning off and on again didn't solve. It is very loud though.

N3gativeCr33p
05-24-2013, 05:14 AM
I totally know the feeling, and it was a happy day for me when I located a console repair shop that isn't too far of a drive away from my house.

Legion Harkonnen
05-24-2013, 05:14 AM
Yeah, I gave it a few angry smacks upside the case, and it worked again, lol. Probably just dirty, had it forever now. I'll probably tear it apart and clean out all the dust and stuff after I get Dam Defense done... finally.

Merilee
05-24-2013, 06:04 AM
That happened to me on my old xbox. Luckily my husband is pretty savvy and found a website that had a tutorial. I walked into the room and my xbox was in a million pieces. My heart stopped, I'm sure of it. But when he put it back together, it gave me another 6 months of playtime.

Then my son bought me a new xbox. I took the old hard drive out of the old one and popped it into the new one. Bad idea. The brand new one red-ringed until I took the old drive out. Working fine now.

N3gativeCr33p
05-24-2013, 06:10 AM
It will be a sad day in my house if or when my 360 breaks down next... these are not the droids you're looking for.

http://images.vg247.com/current//2011/07/5959694331_6032374118_z.jpg

Yun
05-24-2013, 06:13 AM
It will be a sad day in my house if or when my 360 breaks down next... these are not the droids you're looking for.

http://images.vg247.com/current//2011/07/5959694331_6032374118_z.jpg

I feel ya that is the same system that I have.

N3gativeCr33p
05-24-2013, 07:52 AM
I feel ya that is the same system that I have.

I haven't used the C3PO controller yet... is it any good, or is it basically just a regular controller with a fancy gold case?

DejaVooDoo
05-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I gave it a few angry smacks upside the case, and it worked again, lol. Probably just dirty, had it forever now. I'll probably tear it apart and clean out all the dust and stuff after I get Dam Defense done... finally.

Hate to break the news, but when your XBox starts teasing the RRoD, it's warning you that it's gonna become permanent soon. If you're handy at all, there are some good tutorials available online to fix it yourself if you can't/don't want to buy a new one. All told, a RRoD fix takes about $15, 60-90 minutes of hands-on work, and a couple hours of research. My 1st gen broke post-warranty while I was in college and couldn't afford a new one. Fixed that one and both of my brothers' since. Each fix bought me/my brother 5-8 months before RRoD came back and the fix had to be repeated.