PDA

View Full Version : Price to un-xp a gun is (4*weapon EGO)*10 - too high??

Donnyrides
05-24-2013, 06:02 AM
I went in this morning to try out the un-xp of my purple canker. It's a EGO 1006 weapon

The salvage cost to do it would have been 40240 salvage.

The question is: Is the cost too high?

That is equal to creating 40 keys which would more than likely produce nothing anyway.

I personally think the price is OK since it makes you have to REALLY like your gun to perform this action.

Right now i'm sitting on 300K salvage and I love my purple canker so to me, 40K salvage was a just price to un-xp it.

What are your thoughts???

RiotMT
05-24-2013, 06:15 AM
What would be the reason to un-xp a weapon? Will it allow you to keep leveling up that weapon class with the same gun

SavageWolf
05-24-2013, 06:17 AM
My ego 2047 legendary assault rifle wants more than 100k to reset the xp lol. *** dat sh!t

gamingreal
05-24-2013, 06:27 AM
What would be the reason to un-xp a weapon? Will it allow you to keep leveling up that weapon class with the same gun

yea should do, so you can keep useing your fave gun and levelling your skill aswell. it is rather pricey i want to re-use a radioactive saw but it will cost a fortune along with adding a final mod slot,
I plan on removing and replacing the mods too.

I know there is no easy way but whats the fastest way to get salvage?

Donnyrides
05-24-2013, 06:27 AM
Guess I didn't test enough but from what SavageWolf said, perhaps the equation is:

White multiplier = 1
Green multiplier = 2
Blue multiplier = 3
Purple multiplier = 4
Orange multiplier = 5

(weapon ego * color multiplier) * 10

Chilmeister
05-24-2013, 06:40 AM
My ego lvl is 950, i have a lvl580 purple frc saw that i now use just for Arkfalls, im gonna reset it cos i love it and i cant see me ever paying over 150k scrip for an orange version of it.

Chilmeister
05-24-2013, 06:43 AM
I know there is no easy way but whats the fastest way to get salvage?

Sleep with a Trion rep :)

Kenshin42
05-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Does that mean you can get a new bonus stat or a different one? If it does then that is a reasonable price to pay.

unknown
05-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Does that mean you can get a new bonus stat or a different one? If it does then that is a reasonable price to pay.

No. It supposedly resets the XP so you can still gain weapon XP. It does not give you a new or different bonus, you still keep the original one. Don't think anyone tried resetting and testing it yet.

Zugo
05-24-2013, 07:13 AM
I havn't had time to login after patch, but I'm feeling pretty fortunate because I saved all my purples and a few blues from ego 300 up.

Grit
05-24-2013, 07:14 AM
I havn't had time to login after patch, but I'm feeling pretty fortunate because I saved all my purples and a few blues from ego 300 up.

i may have to reset my XAR i got from Nolan :D

Also Zugo, you find a Scavenger SR yet? Like i said in party chat if i find one it's yours. hopefully this weekend i come across one.

Zugo
05-24-2013, 07:16 AM
i may have to reset my XAR i got from Nolan :D

Also Zugo, you find a Scavenger SR yet? Like i said in party chat if i find one it's yours. hopefully this weekend i come across one.

I have an orange SR with an EGO of 400 that I need to take a look at. I havn't played with it since maxing it many weeks ago and I think it may just have Scavenger, keeping fingers crossed.

Grit
05-24-2013, 07:18 AM
I have an orange SR with an EGO of 400 that I need to take a look at. I havn't played with it since maxing it many weeks ago and I think it may just have Scavenger, keeping fingers crossed.

sweet hope it all works out man.

I still need a Legendary AR of doom

Zugo
05-24-2013, 07:22 AM
sweet hope it all works out man.

I still need a Legendary AR of doom

I'm betting the lower EGO rated guns with good stats are going to sky rocket in value. Maybe I should start an alt to try my luck at landing some EGO 200 guns.

DejaVooDoo
05-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Close to EGO 3000, guns cost over 100K salvage to reset. That's stupid. Just as stupid as how much it costs to add slots/retrieve mods at this level. There's no good reason for it. It's stupid. Someone at trion slapped together the ark salvage formulas without ever bothering to do the math to see how they'd play out at higher levels. They haven't made any mention of addressing it. It seems like just another example in Defiance of a complete lack of foresight in development and agility in maintenance.

I wonder what games Trion devs actually play? Maybe they could let us know so we can pick them up too. If they played Defiance, at least a few of them would have reached high enough levels to be aware of and embarrassed by stuff like this.