PDA

View Full Version : Nerfed Shotgun Magazines

Kivlov
05-24-2013, 06:45 AM
Ok, so since this latest patch, all my shotguns are now worthless.

It was the only weapon type I truely like to play with especially for my character build. I loved the bezerker shotguns and I had up to 26-28 rounds in a magazine on a few, to me this is in no way overpowered due to the fact the damage put out by these shotguns were severely limited.

Now my best weapon only has 13 rounds in the magazine and can barely kill anything. This is serious ********. There was NOTHING wrong with these weapons and furthermore the game is the majority about player vs AI so I don't see why it matters all that much, if they nerfed the VOT Grind Fragger and VOT Nano Fragger only, there would have been some balance in PvP matches. But this has just killed my game.

For shotguns with a god damn drum magazine, the ammo count should be at least 20, and that is for realism to even today's standards of shotguns, let alone any futuristic adaptation.

This needs to be fixed, at the very least increase the damage on these shotguns, but the whole point of the different shotgun types were higher damage = less magazine size, or lower damage = higher magazine size. So they kind of just screwed up the whole range of shotgun types here.

Very very angry.

oasis387
06-04-2013, 05:11 AM
Totally agree. wish they would have just been able to nerf it in pvp. It was the main gun that i used and now is fairly useles.. I do like that Ive had to try and use other guns and have enjoyed it. But nothing comes close to the feeling used to have when you could run around and blast folks in the face with a good ol shotty. Tiron has done some good and some bad with their patches... This and the ark salvage=bad

Grit
06-04-2013, 06:26 AM
yeah i mean i miss having a 25 round shotgun mag.. DRUM MAG YO!!! kids cry they so they cut crap out.. i mean shotgun extended mags are totally worthless..i'm just keeping mine around for a good lol i mean you have 1.3 mod and put it on a standard heavy pump shotgun you go from 6 to 7.8 rounds which puts you down to 7 i think. Standard pumpaction shotguns hold 7rounds when the "plug" is removed...perfectly fine for target/range shooting but illegal for hunting(in PA) bla bla bla bla

OUUU this weapon kicks major arse..and kids cry because of PvP...lets ruin PvE to better suit our occassionally playable PvP...

*end rant*

FattyMcG33
06-04-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm holding on to my shotgun mag mods for the time when Trion sees the error in their ways and reverts it back (or at least changes it from the pointless x1.20 that adds no shots...)

Currently holding my breath...getting light headed....passing out now

MagellanD
06-04-2013, 07:09 AM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd187/mythicpyro1/PewPEw.gif

Grit
06-04-2013, 07:15 AM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd187/mythicpyro1/PewPEw.gif

best part of that gif... it reminded me of the southpark episode where they huffed cat pee to get high and enter the HEAVY METAL world...such a great episode!!