PDA

View Full Version : Impressions on new Content: Hotshot Dam Defense & Freight Yard

cusman
05-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Hey, it's new as far as I am concerned :)

Hotshot Dam Defense... that was an easy gold on First Try. Good practice for Rocket Launcher. Maybe a little too easy, but at least it wasn't frustrating.

Freight Yard... everything I liked about Shadow Wars, but now in a consistent map. I love using the Cerberus, but sometimes I regret not being the driver when people are trying to drive up stairs... there are better ways to get higher up into buildings (like jump ramps). The map itself is also nicely spread out and favors more ranged weapons.

I loved it when someone sniped me with a Headshot from inside building window, while I was driving Cerberus. That was an awesome way to go. I also saw that very few people were using Cloak+Shotty or that it wasn't all that effective.

I got many kills with my AR and many Assists and a few kills from my Incinerator. I think in the few matches I played, I was killed by every weapon except Pistol, SMG, and LMG. Everything else was in play... nothing dominating over anything else.

This new competitive map / game-mode has definitely injected new life into the game. Also, for once in what feels like about two weeks, we can actually continue earning Echelon Rep points.

Space_Monky
05-24-2013, 08:27 AM
so far on PS3 most people are still using cloak+shotty or detonator.
it feels like they actually buffed the VOT Fragger. get shot three times and die with an 1850 shield and health perks.

LALLY
05-24-2013, 08:32 AM
so far on PS3 most people are still using cloak+shotty or detonator.
it feels like they actually buffed the VOT Fragger. get shot three times and die with an 1850 shield and health perks.

yep your right, they have messed up the VOT fragger, 2-3 shots take people out, it will be nerfed next

greatdividers
05-24-2013, 08:34 AM
yep your right, they have messed up the VOT fragger, 2-3 shots take people out, it will be nerfed next

nope, you're wrong. there is a bug related to scopes that makes guns with scope mods incredibly accurate. it has nothing to do with VOT fraggers specifically.

on-topic:

freight yard is amazing, havent tried dam defense and likely never will. PVP FTW!

LALLY
05-24-2013, 08:36 AM
nope, you're wrong. there is a bug related to scopes that makes guns with scope mods incredibly accurate. it has nothing to do with VOT fraggers specifically.

on-topic:

freight yard is amazing, havent tried dam defense and likely never will. PVP FTW!

oh ok, a scope mod attached or just a scope mod slot?

FantasyMeister
05-24-2013, 08:39 AM
I think the only query I have about Freight Yard is the jump with the spike pit below it. If your team lands the Cerberus in the spike pit is it lost for the rest of the match or will it spawn back at base after a short time?

cusman
05-24-2013, 08:42 AM
I think the only query I have about Freight Yard is the jump with the spike pit below it. If your team lands the Cerberus in the spike pit is it lost for the rest of the match or will it spawn back at base after a short time?

Haven't run into that... but if it is stuck there, I think you can destroy it. Any "parked" vehicles are open to fire from anybody.

Cortechs
05-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Just to verify, Dam Defense rewards RL mods, correct?

Looking forward to trying out Freight Yard after work.

Iceberg
05-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Just to verify, Dam Defense rewards RL mods, correct?

Looking forward to trying out Freight Yard after work.

I got a RL mod when I gold it, yes. Also I think the rockets take to much time to travel once they are fired, but other than that I think dam defense is fine.

Deimos
05-24-2013, 08:55 AM
I tried Dam defence and it was ok, I got silver but it's only because I went easy on firing the rockets and ended up having plenty left, I agree though that they take to long to travel once they fire, but after some tries you can probably compensate for that.

Myll_Erik
05-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Few notes -

Freight Yard is working now - aside from a few annoying things it should be fully functional. (And it's fun!)

For all weapons it will continue to be an ongoing balance thing that we look at on a daily basis.

Solo
05-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Few notes -

Freight Yard is working now - aside from a few annoying things it should be fully functional. (And it's fun!)

For all weapons it will continue to be an ongoing balance thing that we look at on a daily basis.

+1 I like lance's enthusiasm.

3rdpig
05-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Few notes -

Can you explain to me why you can't balance weapons for PvP without making them utterly useless in PvE?

Odessa
05-24-2013, 09:34 AM
I tried one Frieght Yard this morning and it was okay. I definitely need to balance what to use weapon-wise VS the others. I hope they cut the time down some, though. I was on the losing side (by about 2k) and it was a slow and painful loss. I love to play Shadow Wars, so I'm sure it's just the first try with minimal time to play. Thank goodness for the long weekend. :D