PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts after ~5 hours of gameplay.

Roscoe Wallace
05-24-2013, 09:56 AM
I admit, after the first couple hours, I felt lost. The "tutorial area" didn't really feel like a tutorial, but that's ok. I like being thrown into the fray.

Now that I've got a few more hours in, I feel like I'm getting the hang of things. I participated in 3 arkfall events. 2 little ones and then a big one where it was like 2 mini arkfall events and then ended in an epic fight against a gigantic monster. There must have been 150 of us killing these things. It was great. The monster kept spawning Elite Archers and other Elite monsters that were tough to kill, but we managed to take them down. We were kind of split up into about 4 teams of 30-40 people, just wreaking havoc on the monsters. It took about 30 minutes from start to finish, and it was totally worth it. I didn't really get any guns or anything from killing the monsters, but I did get quite a bit of scrip and other currency.

That being said, I have a question. In the middle of the fight, I ran out of ammo. There was ammo all over the place, and was easy to replenish, but I can't figure out how to switch loadouts while in the middle of a fight. The only way I've been able to do it is by pressing start-Triangle, which takes longer than I'd like...especially when it lags a bit. I wanted to switch from my Assault Rifle-Shotgun loadout to a SMG-Sniper load out.

Edit: I also had a question about upgrading my guns. I keep getting gun mods from quests or drops, but I can't add them to my guns. I go to the mod screen and select the gun I want to add the attachment to, but all it lets me do is break the weapon down for resources.

If there's an easier way, I'd love to know.

Thanks!

ncanning
05-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Not as far as I know, but FYI, you don't have to wait for the screen to load to change the load out. Hit start and press triangle while waiting for the load, then hit start again, your character should have the new set up then.

Keep in mind, when you change your loadout it changes the perks not just the guns.

Assasino
05-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Exact thing i do as loading is way too slow at times

bigguy
05-24-2013, 10:20 AM
you have to be a certain ego rating to use the salvage matrix.

Renfield
05-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Edit: I also had a question about upgrading my guns. I keep getting gun mods from quests or drops, but I can't add them to my guns. I go to the mod screen and select the gun I want to add the attachment to, but all it lets me do is break the weapon down for resources.

Thanks!

You can't add mods to a weapon that you've currently got equiped (on any of your loadouts). This is probably why you can't add them. Check each of your loadouts, unequip it, and you'll have more options.