PDA

View Full Version : Watch Defiance TV Series In Game

Omnipro
06-25-2012, 02:55 PM
If anyone has ever visited the Playstation Home Movie Theater or Crackle spaces you can watch videos and whole movies with a crowd of other players.
How about in the Defiance game there would be abandoned movie theaters where you can watch full episodes, clips, behind the scenes etc.

Outsider
06-25-2012, 03:15 PM
I would strongly support that idea! :)

Aythir
06-25-2012, 04:13 PM
That is actually a very cool idea, and if we are paying for the game and or its P2P then it should be enough to also have acted as if we have purchased the episodes on some third party client like itunes

whoiscraig
06-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I think regions would be a big problem with this. For a lot of TV shows that offer the facility to watch the show on their website, and me being in Australia, it comes up like "Sorry, you need to be in the USA to view this content". It would suck to be in game and see big screend with "Sorry, you can't view this" everywhere.

But if they could get around the problem of regions, then I'm all for it.

Escyos
06-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Kind of breaks the fourth wall a bit though.

MrMchale
06-26-2012, 12:11 PM
I think regions would be a big problem with this. For a lot of TV shows that offer the facility to watch the show on their website, and me being in Australia, it comes up like "Sorry, you need to be in the USA to view this content". It would suck to be in game and see big screend with "Sorry, you can't view this" everywhere.

But if they could get around the problem of regions, then I'm all for it.

I am totaly with you on this mate. I am sick of seeing this pop up so many times... Yeah it would be great if we could watch the episodes from with in the game but I fear that this could cause to much of a strain upon the system. The problem here in Australia would be the network or provider that ends up showing it. If it airs on ScyFy then our only real pay tv provider would kick up such a stink over it being in game for they would be using it to try and get more subscribers to their service that they would demand with in the airing contract that it would be only available in Australia through them and that any access through the game is blocked to Australia and any other regions they provide with service.

Adsinonimous
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
It sounds like a very good idea but I don't think it would be practical.

Syfy wouldn't get as many views if you could just watch all of the episodes in the game and it wouldn't decrease profit for them, I would assume. Secondly, if a region cannot watch the clips then I presume that it would be highly frustrating for them and they wouldn't want to see an empty screen, even if it was in the corner of main screens like in Uncharted. One way they could stop that is by putting it on billboards and change the billboards to slideshow advertisements for the show for people who cannot watch it in their region.

What I would like them to do however, is to advertise the television series in game in menus and in-game cosmetics because, even though lots of people who play defiance are likely to know of the television series, some people might not know that there is a television series aswell. I would also like it if the Television series did the same.

urwifemykids
07-05-2012, 01:59 PM
It sounds like a very good idea but I don't think it would be practical.

Syfy wouldn't get as many views if you could just watch all of the episodes in the game and it wouldn't decrease profit for them, I would assume. Secondly, if a region cannot watch the clips then I presume that it would be highly frustrating for them and they wouldn't want to see an empty screen, even if it was in the corner of main screens like in Uncharted. One way they could stop that is by putting it on billboards and change the billboards to slideshow advertisements for the show for people who cannot watch it in their region.

What I would like them to do however, is to advertise the television series in game in menus and in-game cosmetics because, even though lots of people who play defiance are likely to know of the television series, some people might not know that there is a television series aswell. I would also like it if the Television series did the same.

agreed... but still you could maybe just watch you best kills like in Halo

Arkamenitas
07-14-2012, 08:03 PM
it's an idea. i dont really see the benefit of it, though.