PDA

View Full Version : Reseting weapon exp way to expensive

Rumbleskin
05-24-2013, 02:20 PM
would cost me over 100k salavge to reset my 2500 ego swarm cannon. I will max it agian in 2 hours.

Rumbleskin
05-24-2013, 02:57 PM
20k would be a better price/cost imoa, flat rate

Pyth
05-24-2013, 02:59 PM
So is attaching, removing and adding mods/slots.

treeon pls

Traxx
05-24-2013, 03:02 PM
This takes away from the idea of truly "Building a Weapon". It costs too much to modify or else you either loose the weapon or the mods.

SYN BLACK XS
05-24-2013, 03:06 PM
I was waiting for the opportunity to start resetting the XP on weapons I've been saving... but now... I see no point

Guess I'll just use my ark salvage for lockboxes

Rumbleskin
05-24-2013, 03:30 PM
I was waiting for the opportunity to start resetting the XP on weapons I've been saving... but now... I see no point

Guess I'll just use my ark salvage for lockboxes

yep with the huge cost we might aswell get box's and use those weapons. Nice that they added somthing noone will use now

greatdividers
05-24-2013, 03:34 PM
yep with the huge cost we might aswell get box's and use those weapons. Nice that they added somthing noone will use now

it's still worth it for the best legendaries once you're personal weapon skill is maxed out. if they made it to low people would just use the exact same weapon the entire way from ego 1-5000 which defeats the purpose of having a variety of weapons in game.

dat common sense

Rumbleskin
05-24-2013, 03:50 PM
it's still worth it for the best legendaries once you're personal weapon skill is maxed out. if they made it to low people would just use the exact same weapon the entire way from ego 1-5000 which defeats the purpose of having a variety of weapons in game.

dat common sense

Ya but atm its way to high, Noone use's it. Why would anyone pay 100k to reset a weapon that will be max'ed agian in 2 hours?

Jokerzwild
05-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Way too high and weapons all seem to be coming with many less mod slots then they did previously

Pyth
05-24-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm kind of surprised that it didn't cost bits to remove our weapon's XP like many of us previously thought.

But now it's clear that anything which takes away from us purchasing keys with salvage can lead to us purchasing lock boxes with bits. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see more added features in the future that utilize salvage as payment.

Rumbleskin
05-24-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm kind of surprised that it didn't cost bits to remove our weapon's XP like many of us previously thought.

But now it's clear that anything which takes away from us purchasing keys with salvage can lead to us purchasing lock boxes with bits. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see more added features in the future that utilize salvage as payment.

If they really wanted to make money (as noone buys the lockbox's for bits, atlest i hope to the gods people dont) they would remove box's from the store all togeather and put keycodes as a reward for emergencys agian. In the store they should just be pushing cars/cloths/mods slots/Salvage

Kutsune
05-24-2013, 04:44 PM
would cost me over 100k salavge to reset my 2500 ego swarm cannon. I will max it agian in 2 hours.

So you think 100k salvage is too much to reset a mass cannon? Lets see, I only have 2000 ego weapons but to unlock the second mod slot it already costs me 30k+ then I have 2 more to buy, plus mods, plus the cost of the gun itself..... I think my math skills are good enough to see which costs more.....

It's not like I just passed all my Association of accounts technicians exams or anything....

Warlander
05-24-2013, 04:49 PM
ANyone that wastes the salavage is ******ed straight up, salvage everything, save your salvage, when you hit 5k ego, then but millions of salavage worth of boxes so you get a chance at getting max level oranges, anything but doing that is a waste of salvage.

Kiserai
05-24-2013, 04:53 PM
So you think 100k salvage is too much to reset a mass cannon? Lets see, I only have 2000 ego weapons but to unlock the second mod slot it already costs me 30k+ then I have 2 more to buy, plus mods, plus the cost of the gun itself..... I think my math skills are good enough to see which costs more.....

It's not like I just passed all my Association of accounts technicians exams or anything.... Why would you do all that, either, if you're going to replace the weapon less than an hour later? I think you're missing the big picture here--once the cost to reset (or reoutfit, as you cite) is greater than your salvage gain for a similar time interval, what you are doing is unsustainable.

Surely your accounting classes mentioned that it's a bad thing when your costs are several times higher than your income potential?

doggirl211
05-24-2013, 04:54 PM
ANyone that wastes the salavage is ******ed straight up, salvage everything, save your salvage, when you hit 5k ego, then but millions of salavage worth of boxes so you get a chance at getting max level oranges, anything but doing that is a waste of salvage.

I'm beginning to think you're right......

doggirl211
05-24-2013, 04:54 PM
duplicate, sorry

AmnesiaHaze
05-24-2013, 04:58 PM

you have a great point , but it requires lots of discipline and patience to not spend them :D

Rumbleskin
05-24-2013, 05:05 PM

A ego 5000 orange weapon can still be worse then a lvl 50. Am guessing moding and reseting a lvl 5000 would run in the millions, better to buy good low lvl ego weapons so you can reset them cheaply. Am thinking of transfering all my salvage to a lvl 100 ego alt and having him buy t4 box's

Warlander
05-24-2013, 05:08 PM
A ego 5000 orange weapon can still be worse then a lvl 50. Am guessing moding and reseting a lvl 5000 would run in the millions, better to buy good low lvl ego weapons so you can reset them cheaply. Am thinking of transfering all my salvage to a lvl 100 ego alt and having him buy t4 box's

no as you get higher in ego the weapons you get have higher and higher chances at more bonus stats and stronger bonus stats, instead of a 1.2x crit bonus you will see a 1.5x crit etc etc, so although there is a SMALL chance of a lower ego weapon being better, its not likely, and i for one would rather take my chances at 5k ego and just try and get the best i can.

AmnesiaHaze
05-24-2013, 05:08 PM

also a level 5000 gun isnt very good for trading , it limits the people you can trade it to very much

Warlander
05-24-2013, 05:10 PM
also a level 5000 gun isnt very good for trading , it limits the people you can trade it to very much

who gives a **** ? who is trading ? oh right the auction house....oh wait no there isnt one, better try real hard to trade weapons so you can get lots of scrip and buy......NOTHING hahaha worst reply yet.

Rumbleskin
05-24-2013, 05:11 PM
no as you get higher in ego the weapons you get have higher and higher chances at more bonus stats and stronger bonus stats, instead of a 1.2x crit bonus you will see a 1.5x crit etc etc, so although there is a SMALL chance of a lower ego weapon being better, its not likely, and i for one would rather take my chances at 5k ego and just try and get the best i can.
Not to sound like a ***** but i never heard that before
edit. but if its true then its hamster time

Warlander
05-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Not to sound like a ***** but i never heard that before

well start asking around, weapons do scale, just not base damage, welcome to trion where we explain nothing.

AmnesiaHaze
05-24-2013, 05:13 PM
who gives a **** ? who is trading ? oh right the auction house....oh wait no there isnt one, better try real hard to trade weapons so you can get lots of scrip and buy......NOTHING hahaha worst reply yet.

im trading all the time , you seem not to have many friends in the game

Warlander
05-24-2013, 05:16 PM
im trading all the time , you seem not to have many friends in the game

Not anymore they all went to play games that arnt full of bugs, they went to play games where dev teams can actually fix things, surprisingly most of them went back to rift lol, so i guess trion isnt completely losing.

Rumbleskin
05-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Not anymore they all went to play games that arnt full of bugs, they went to play games where dev teams can actually fix things, surprisingly most of them went back to rift lol, so i guess trion isnt completely losing.

Buddy of mine picked up the game at luanch, Played 1 hour, heard mobs scale and then said f-that. Havent seen him since. Not everyone (Or many) can look away from the classic model. He is back to wow gods save his soul

Pyth
05-24-2013, 07:23 PM
If they really wanted to make money (as noone buys the lockbox's for bits, atlest i hope to the gods people dont) they would remove box's from the store all togeather and put keycodes as a reward for emergencys agian. In the store they should just be pushing cars/cloths/mods slots/Salvage

I think you'd be surprised on how many people use actual cash to purchase lock boxes. Though I will never judge a person for spending the money they earned how they want.

To each their own.

Misfit501
05-24-2013, 07:46 PM
It only cost me 57k to reset my epic saw.

Kutsune
05-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Why would you do all that, either, if you're going to replace the weapon less than an hour later? I think you're missing the big picture here--once the cost to reset (or reoutfit, as you cite) is greater than your salvage gain for a similar time interval, what you are doing is unsustainable

Surely your accounting classes mentioned that it's a bad thing when your costs are several times higher than your income potential?

I fully slot and mod all my weapons, and I am not broke, ergo it is sustainable

Kiserai
05-24-2013, 10:25 PM
I fully slot and mod all my weapons, and I am not broke, ergo it is sustainable You consistently get 150k+ salvage per hour?

Rumbleskin
05-25-2013, 03:22 AM
I fully slot and mod all my weapons, and I am not broke, ergo it is sustainable

and your ego lvl 200? If not how is one to raise 100k salvage in 2 hours?

JD nutz
05-25-2013, 03:33 AM
i would pay the ark salvage if there was a chance you could get a new bonus, but otherwise theres no point, 50k ark salvage so i can gain xp for my orange wolverine again and i,ve maxed out my pistol skill, so this feature is pointless

bman
05-25-2013, 03:34 AM

what? Really ? because for me at EGO rating 1k+ for my weapon skill resets it is only between 30-40k salvage so i don't don't understand why it would be so high for you when for me it cost a fraction of what you are talking about . unless you are consistently resetting weapon because if that be the case then as with retrieving Mods the Price increases every time you go and use the function it goes up by a few thousand Salvage to several thousand salvage each time of course im talking about Retrieving Mods thus same would apply to Weapon Skill resetting makes sense to me along with price increases each time you goto add a weapon/Mod Slot it increases from a few thousand to several thousand. depending on what kind of weapon it is (rarity it is ) which i would assume you are using Purple or Orange which is why its so fracking high for you in terms of Salvage for me its not a problem or at least that high amount of Salvage .

CrYpToNiTe
05-25-2013, 03:38 AM
I'm at EGO 2300+ tried to reset my blue LMG and it cost 69k... oh adding a mod slot also cost 69k.. i shudder to think if it were a purple.. or even a orange....

Jokerzwild
05-25-2013, 03:47 AM
So I guess once you get your achievement for 2500 ego, you should make a new character and make an effort not to level your Ego? As if the benefits of "leveling" aren't bad enough now I see their are actually significant drawbacks, lovely.

bman
05-25-2013, 04:05 AM
So I guess once you get your achievement for 2500 ego, you should make a new character and make an effort not to level your Ego? As if the benefits of "leveling" aren't bad enough now I see their are actually significant drawbacks, lovely.
lol the only upside to having higher lvl/EGO is the fact that you get 3 to 4 slots already unlocked on weapons that drop so it saves on Salvage having to ADD mod slots thats the only upside i see other than that once you get the weapons you want or need their is no point to it after a certain rating besides it gets to be pointless or boring after so long a time to lvl up anyways if you play it for hours on end each day with out a break from it on another game or something . only thing that keeps one going is to play something else before you start to play this game for the day or after you finish playing it . other than that it is indeed pointless .unless you aim for trophies/etc then yeh it is pointless .

Edit: also it should make sense that everyone that is about the same EGO rating as you or vise verse should pay equally the same in salvage that way it wouldn't vary from person to person or EGO/lvl Rating to EGO/lvl Rating .

Arsenic_Touch
05-25-2013, 04:11 AM
The entire ego system punishes you for leveling. Adding mod slots and resetting your weapon gets insanely expensive, while your ark salvage income remains the same. It'd be one thing if the game compensated with ark salvage drops as your ego level goes up but it doesn't.

Rumbleskin
05-25-2013, 04:16 AM
what? Really ? because for me at EGO rating 1k+ for my weapon skill resets it is only between 30-40k salvage so i don't don't understand why it would be so high for you when for me it cost a fraction of what you are talking about . unless you are consistently resetting weapon because if that be the case then as with retrieving Mods the Price increases every time you go and use the function it goes up by a few thousand Salvage to several thousand salvage each time of course im talking about Retrieving Mods thus same would apply to Weapon Skill resetting makes sense to me along with price increases each time you goto add a weapon/Mod Slot it increases from a few thousand to several thousand. depending on what kind of weapon it is (rarity it is ) which i would assume you are using Purple or Orange which is why its so fracking high for you in terms of Salvage for me its not a problem or at least that high amount of Salvage .

Am 2500+ ego and i have a swarm cannon thats 2000+ ego lvl. to reset it the cost will be 100k+ salvage. in 2 hours after i reset i will have maxed the weapon agian

BrassRazoo
05-25-2013, 04:18 AM
Yep I was going to add a forth slot to a BLUE weapon today, it came with three but I wanted to test the barrel.
150k salvage.
I was just going to try it out but no way for that cost.
I have 1.3mil salvage, which I thought was quite a bit, but that is over 10% of my total salvage for one slot on a BLUE weapon.

Jokerzwild
05-25-2013, 05:01 AM
lol the only upside to having higher lvl/EGO is the fact that you get 3 to 4 slots already unlocked on weapons that drop so it saves on Salvage having to ADD mod slots....
Edit: also it should make sense that everyone that is about the same EGO rating as you or vise verse should pay equally the same in salvage that way it wouldn't vary from person to person or EGO/lvl Rating to EGO/lvl Rating .

I don't see more slots if anything there are less, nearly any decent weapon now (blue+) have 1 slot open maybe two. Over half the purples have zero slots. It should be flat rates not this counterproductive leveling punishment system. It is really wearing on my enjoyment and drive to keep playing.

Arsenic_Touch
05-25-2013, 05:11 AM
I don't see more slots if anything there are less, nearly any decent weapon now (blue+) have 1 slot open maybe two. Over half the purples have zero slots. It should be flat rates not this counterproductive leveling punishment system. It is really wearing on my enjoyment and drive to keep playing.

It works in a tier system. As you hit a certain ego level, the mod slots resets. So your items essentially get worse before they finally hit the cap and then it resets again.

fmarin83
05-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Ya but atm its way to high, Noone use's it. Why would anyone pay 100k to reset a weapon that will be max'ed agian in 2 hours?

I got legendaries and it says 20k. I think both your assumptions are extremely exaggarated. Also maxing it in under 2 hours clearly you have found a way to super grind the XP. If you aren't lying, which i think you are, then don't post how your'e doing it because TRION would probably take it as an exploit.

Rumbleskin
05-25-2013, 07:50 AM
I got legendaries and it says 20k. I think both your assumptions are extremely exaggarated. Also maxing it in under 2 hours clearly you have found a way to super grind the XP. If you aren't lying, which i think you are, then don't post how your'e doing it because TRION would prlolobably take it as an exploit.

Lol if doing 3 co-ops is a expliot then am guilty. maybe you legendary is ego lvl 50 like your char. mine is legendary ego lvl 2000

Kiserai
05-25-2013, 10:27 AM
I got legendaries and it says 20k. I think both your assumptions are extremely exaggarated. FFS. People have explained the cost several times and it's basic arithmetic.

Reset cost = 10 x quality x EGO.

Your 20k legendary is ego 400. That's why it's so cheap. The costs go as high as 250k.

Uchiha Micah
05-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Then don't reset it then.

Uchiha Micah
05-25-2013, 10:32 AM
I got legendaries and it says 20k. I think both your assumptions are extremely exaggarated. Also maxing it in under 2 hours clearly you have found a way to super grind the XP. If you aren't lying, which i think you are, then don't post how your'e doing it because TRION would probably take it as an exploit.

It's no secret. It's the same grinding technique in all games similar to this one. Find an area that spawns a ton of baddies and go crazy. I thought the most obvious routes would be co-op and replaying missions.

baelrusk
05-25-2013, 10:40 AM
I think I'm just gonna keep doing what I was doing.....keep buying SAWs to level up to 20 (hit 18 yesterday). I'll just spend salvage on adding mod slots on one I like. Then put crappy mods onto until I get a full set of really good ones then pop em on all at once.

If salvage breakdown would increase with the ego rating of the weapon and/ore slots open, or even number of mods attached......then it might be worth it.

Kiserai
05-25-2013, 11:03 AM
lol the only upside to having higher lvl/EGO is the fact that you get 3 to 4 slots already unlocked on weapons that drop so it saves on Salvage having to ADD mod slots thats the only upside Actually, no. The number of slots cycles as your ego level increases, 0-1-2-3-4-0-1-2-3-4... You'll see it as you advance.

Rumbleskin
05-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Then don't reset it then.

with that logic we might aswell all stop playing the game

marshy
05-25-2013, 02:10 PM
They don't want you to buy keycodes with ark so there trying to get you to spend it on this. They want you to buy bits to open the lockboxes

Rumbleskin
05-25-2013, 02:23 PM
They don't want you to buy keycodes with ark so there trying to get you to spend it on this. They want you to buy bits to open the lockboxes

fine then they should sell salvage in the store and give us keycodes from emergencys agian

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-25-2013, 02:28 PM
On the FRC Heavy Assault Carbine that I have it costs me exactly 10x the EGO level of the weapon in order to reset it. This makes it about 25K something to reset this weapon. My other weapons though, Like my EMC Sniper Rifle it costs me over 60k to reset, and its a lower EGO level.

I don't know what determines the reset amount but I think that 10x the Weapon's EGO Level is a good cutoff point otherwise no one is going to use this mechanic. =\

marshy
05-25-2013, 02:31 PM
fine then they should sell salvage in the store and give us keycodes from emergencys agian

Keycodes will not return to emergencies because there the cash bin for trion if they had there way the only way to open a lockbox would be bits. And yes why don't they sell ark in the store

Rumbleskin
05-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Keycodes will not return to emergencies because there the cash bin for trion if they had there way the only way to open a lockbox would be bits. And yes why don't they sell ark in the store

I would rather buy salvage in the store then a random chance lotto box. Remove the box from the store all togeather and bring back keycodes to emergencys i say

Valethar
05-25-2013, 02:54 PM
The ridiculously high cost shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. They have a well established history of being out of touch with reality when it comes to what things cost, be it in Salvage, Scrip or Bits.

Quatermass
05-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Yeah the cost of "resetting" a weapon is really to high.

And the exscuse that it must be high otherwise we will not change weapons is bull.
I have had the same shield for 800+ EGO levels now and the same clustershot for 700+ EGO levels.
Why? 'cos Im lazy?
No because the weapons and shields I can buy and find is worse than those weapons that I have.
I have never played a loot game that is so Scrooge McDuck with the loot drops.

If this game had an AH then I could understand it but now....
Why do a quest or arkfall or buy a box when it contains loot that is worse than something I found at ego level 300 ???

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Why do a quest or arkfall or buy a box when it contains loot that is worse than something I found at ego level 300 ???

On that very slight off-chance that you might get something better than what you currently have. :p

EDIT: Case in point I had an EGO level 632 VOT Auto-Fragger that I used for 2000 EGO levels. Finally broke that sucker down because I found a VOT Fragger with Assassin on it that was oh so much better. Took me 2k EGO levels, but I found a better one. xD

Arsenic_Touch
05-25-2013, 03:46 PM

Never did a co-op? it's real easy to max a weapon in 1-2 co-ops and has nothing to do with super grinding.

Kiserai
05-25-2013, 07:02 PM
On the FRC Heavy Assault Carbine that I have it costs me exactly 10x the EGO level of the weapon in order to reset it. This makes it about 25K something to reset this weapon. My other weapons though, Like my EMC Sniper Rifle it costs me over 60k to reset, and its a lower EGO level.

I don't know what determines the reset amount but I think that 10x the Weapon's EGO Level is a good cutoff point otherwise no one is going to use this mechanic. =\ I posted it earlier in this thread. The cost is 10 x quality x ego. Quality 1 is white, 2 is green, etc. Check it yourself, this is definitely the formula.

Shobuia
05-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Can you only reset weapon xp, if the weapon has no mods equiped?

Kiserai
05-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Can you only reset weapon xp, if the weapon has no mods equiped? Pretty sure you can reset modded weapons.

Rumbleskin
05-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Bumping this. its so expensive that the whole thing is pointless

Zertael
05-27-2013, 09:27 AM

Uh... because they have a rocking weapon and it's not hard to earn the currency at all...and at that point what else are you going to spend it on? Tip: It's for endgame maxing your skills...not to power level you to max in all weapons as you level your ego.

Sdric
05-27-2013, 09:27 AM
The salvage income stays the same.

The weapons don't get any better after 1900 EGO but the modding costs become 10times higher.

!!!This makes progressing more frustrating then rewarding.!!!

You shouldn't be punished for staying true to Defiance.

=> Same goes for weapon-resetting.

Rumbleskin
05-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Uh... because they have a rocking weapon and it's not hard to earn the currency at all...and at that point what else are you going to spend it on? Tip: It's for endgame maxing your skills...not to power level you to max in all weapons as you level your ego.

I could use the salvage to buy mod or t4 boxs

Zertael
05-27-2013, 10:12 AM
I could use the salvage to buy mod or t4 boxs

Mods maybe. Do you really get that many keys without earning enough salvage by default? I've never even looked at my salvage when buying boxes.

Rumbleskin
05-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Mods maybe. Do you really get that many keys without earning enough salvage by default? I've never even looked at my salvage when buying boxes.
on my phone so i cant find the quote but sledge said they took away keys from emergencys cuz they gave enough salvage. so they want you to use salvage to buy keys. i just dont think you low lvl ego people understand how things work when your over ego 2k and already killed nim a few times. so please stop posting about things u dont understand

Zertael
05-27-2013, 10:28 AM
on my phone so i cant find the quote but sledge said they took away keys from emergencys cuz they gave enough salvage. so they want you to use salvage to buy keys. i just dont think you low lvl ego people understand how things work when your over ego 2k and already killed nim a few times. so please stop posting about things u dont understand

The cost of lockboxes does not scale up with your Ego as far as I know, so I'm not sure what relevance that has to my comment.

Rumbleskin
05-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Bump stil to expensive