PDA

View Full Version : Forever alone simulator???

InstallWizard
05-24-2013, 02:22 PM
What kind of MMO is this?? i just played the free weekend and this has to be the most antisocial experience ive ever played.

The place is packed with people and almost nobody ever talks. Just WOW.

fatoldguy
05-24-2013, 02:24 PM
What kind of MMO is this?? i just played the free weekend and this has to be the most antisocial experience ive ever played.

LOL so true, of course they might talk more if after 2 months Trion actually fixed the totally borked chat.

Falconi
05-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Everyone else in the game is a bot.

Anderson
Yeah, that's an unfortunate "feature" of this game is that they don't really give you any incentive to talk to others.

Personally I'm not that sociable, but from what I've heard if you get a decent clan it will be a lot more lively.

Check here:
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?24-PC-Clans

Kleptobrainiac
Working as intended.

Now pay Trion the tribute they deserve.

fatoldguy
05-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah, that's an unfortunate "feature" of this game is that they don't really give you any incentive to talk to others.

Personally I'm not that sociable, but from what I've heard if you get a decent clan it will be a lot more lively.

Check here:
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?24-PC-Clans

Most clans are pretty quiet now as well, as many of their more sane members have left the game.

Opetyr
05-24-2013, 02:36 PM
The horrendous chat is one thing that has never been fixed. It takes so many times of listening to someone's open mic before you mute the whole game.
Most of my friends left the game since there is so many bugs that were not fixed. Loved this last patch kinda ruined it for people that wanted back but since trion doesn't fix the issue in a smart way, like add debris around arkfalls but instead makes vehicles squishy, sadly they probably will just return their season pass from steam and use it towards a game that might actually have some quality people that think of good solutions to problems instead of nerfs.
I will say congratz at seeing this and welcome to the world of defiance.

Anderson
05-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Most clans are pretty quiet now as well, as many of their more sane members have left the game.

My impression is that a lot of these clans were formed before the game came out so losing people was a natural consequence of the newness factor wearing off. If you join a newer clan it's probably more active since it will be full of people who have decided they like the game enough to stick around.

los77
05-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Lots of people in clan chat or in groups so you cant hear them.Clan i;m in has over 1,000 people, not quiet.

Pyth
05-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Well on Xbox there's party chat, which takes you out of the game chat. That's what I use 99% of the time.

Hope499
05-24-2013, 02:50 PM

Are you real?

/reaches out slowly into nothingness....

Elric1
05-24-2013, 03:18 PM

I'm sorry you play the ps3? Over on Xbox and pc there are times you have to mute area chat or one of over 100+ clan mates =)

fatoldguy
05-24-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry you play the ps3? Over on Xbox and pc there are times you have to mute area chat or one of over 100+ clan mates =)
I play on pc and never once have I had to mute, I never see anything to mute.

Covington
05-24-2013, 03:21 PM

I know this is a shot in the dark with a "1" post...

What system are you on?

When were you on?

For how long?

Did you speak in main chat?

Maybe I am spoiled but on PS3 if you talk someone usually answers you (if there are people in earshot).

Odessa
05-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Did they fix the chat so that instead of you hearing everyone but being muted it worked so you could only hear the choice you selected? IE: area, group, clan, EGO. If so, perhaps that's what the OP is dealing with. I'm only guessing...

Ryme
05-24-2013, 03:23 PM
I mute PC voice chat because the amount of people wheezing over their mics is just disturbing.

fatoldguy
05-24-2013, 03:24 PM
I mute PC voice chat because the amount of people wheezing over their mics is just disturbing. Thats because voice chat is totally hosed on PC because the game was clearly designed for consoles.

A s0t
05-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Everyone else in the game is a bot.

^^^THIS
/10char

3rdpig
05-24-2013, 04:01 PM
I turned voice chat off the second or third day I had the game and only bothered to turn it back on once, and only left it on for about an hour before remembering why I turned it off in the first place.

Chemikz
05-24-2013, 04:27 PM

Chat doesn't work, so not many talk. My clan is always active (20+ members) all using headsets and typing, and when we get together area chat erupts (when working) but I know what you mean.