PDA

View Full Version : Any Advantage to Starting Second Character?

Odessa
05-24-2013, 03:01 PM
I've noticed a few people who mention having more than one character. The idea of redoing some of the solo missions makes my eye twitch, so I am curious as to if there's a benefit to doing so. I've had multiple characters in RPG games, but they each had different classes, etc...

mrgrimezHD
05-24-2013, 03:03 PM
I've noticed a few people who mention having more than one character. The idea of redoing some of the solo missions makes my eye twitch, so I am curious as to if there's a benefit to doing so. I've had multiple characters in RPG games, but they each had different classes, etc...

As far as I can tell so far, Odessa, there is no reason to start another Character only to restart the whole SP campaign again. Nothing else apart from aesthetics is different from my understanding.

A s0t
05-24-2013, 03:05 PM
level to 100 and use as your weapon modder with help from trusted friend

Odessa
05-24-2013, 03:33 PM
level to 100 and use as your weapon modder with help from trusted friend

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

CozySwiftkilla
05-24-2013, 03:42 PM
If you are into trading and selling weapons then you need the weapons to be between EGO 500 - 2000 anything over 2000 EGO is almost impossible to get rid of. Another reason is so you don't have to buy inventory slots you can get a friend to give your items to the second character that you want to keep.

Odessa
05-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Oooooh! I had to create a ton of Mule characters for Borderlands 2. It's good to know. Thanks!

A s0t
05-24-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm sorry, I don't understand.

it cheaper to use a level 100 character to mod weapons than pay 60,000 salvage for a mod slot

Moa
05-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Yep, that's a good reason right there for a mule. Resetting weapons could become costly if your EGO is high. Keep getting lower EGO nice weapons from your mule and give them to your main for weapon skill advancing fun.

Odessa
05-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Can you split screen (with another XBLive account)?

Moa
05-24-2013, 04:56 PM
NO

Make a friend. =)

poisd2strike
05-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Oooooh! I had to create a ton of Mule characters for Borderlands 2. It's good to know. Thanks!

I didn't know if you knew, but one of the more recent BL2 patches allowed you to increase your character and bank inventory slots. SO, it looks like there is (once again) a use for Eridium and visiting Crazy Earl. You can also increase max ammo for each weapon type. I don't know what the new max is for for character inv, bank inv or ammo increase. As for Defiance, it might be worth making another character if you plan on getting the first DLC, or to use as storage as others have suggested. While there don't seems to be classes, in the traditional sense, there are the 4 archtypes (Veteran, Hunter, Outlaw and Machinist) that each have weapons that synergize with them.

Buruko
05-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Weapons don't synergize with Origins, so that is not a reason for a second toon.

Other then a mule or cheap modder, some may consider a second toon if they are one not to get into the upper EGO ratings, meaning around 800 EGO or so you have enough points to get all four powers but then you lack points to invest in perks related to specific powers.

Some may opt to make a new toon to try out a different power or have another low level build of something different then they typically play.

Really up to the player as all things are.

born2beagator
05-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Yep, that's a good reason right there for a mule. Resetting weapons could become costly if your EGO is high. Keep getting lower EGO nice weapons from your mule and give them to your main for weapon skill advancing fun.

How exactly do I do this?