PDA

View Full Version : What EGO level required for Nim?

pappacube
05-24-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm EGO 420 should i be able to take on Nim?

Iceberg
05-24-2013, 03:20 PM
As long as you know how to roll and go behind cover you should be able to.

Aeekto
05-24-2013, 03:23 PM
no requirement...
you can do him with EGO 20 or 5000. It all depends on your skill.
good players do him with a bullrush only (no weaponswap), weakest shields, no perks equipped and no use of EGO power.
bad players do him with detonator/shotgun/smg/infector + bmg, high capacity shields + loads of defensive perks and cloak/blur.

tl;dr
just give it a try and if you canīt defeat him, just keep pushing your EGO rating until you have better and more perks equipped + better weapons... after that try him again.

FizzyMyNizzy
05-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Not saying I am a bad@$$ are anything.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?16690-Hero-of-Paradise.-D-I-MADE-IT!!!!!

I beat Nim the next day after launch. Ego rating 351.

Caswallawn
05-24-2013, 04:46 PM
ego rating doesn't make a real difference, if you can't do it at 400 your still going to be struggling at 4000. as with any fight make sure you can dodge, take cover and pick up your target fast.

Dazz
05-24-2013, 04:58 PM
You're about the same level I was both times I ran him. Higher ego is valuable to the extent you can equip more perks, getting a mix of DPS and Tank types depending on how you wanna play it.

Mourneblade
05-24-2013, 07:43 PM
good players do him with a bullrush only (no weaponswap), weakest shields, no perks equipped and no use of EGO power.
bad players do him with detonator/shotgun/smg/infector + bmg, high capacity shields + loads of defensive perks and cloak/blur.

I don't know what this buttcrap is supposed to be, and I don't know where you get off calling people who use the full arsenal available to them as "bad", but your opinion of the player base stinks.

Personally, I think the GOOD players are the ones who can adapt, use load-outs that suit their play-style, and use every skill, weapon, and ability in their arsenal to gain an advantage.

I'm all for a challenge and what-not, but handicapping yourself for the sake of "being able to do it" is sort of childish. You're only competing with yourself, and I prefer to be on myself's side and help myself as much as I can. Gaming Elitism gains you nothing. This isn't CoD for FSM's sake.

Biznatchio
05-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Actually you don't even have to dodge you need to learn to run and learn where to place yourself while your perk cools down.

All this you gotta dodge stuff is not that accurate. Run in the first round using an x pattern in the middle area,

2nd stage
Run around using pillars for cover to block line of sight and strafe when you can

3rd stage
Run around posts learn to put them between you and him to avoid his attacks and shot when you can.

Should take 20-30 minutes

I use a SAW on him never found the BMG to be useful

Dodging out of the way is not needed.

The unfortunate part is you will realize its such a dumb *** fight that seriously could have been done better and maintained story line.

If you do him a 3rd time with improved gear you should be ****** him without much trouble and from then on its pretty much downhill for Nim if you stick around a play that long.

Sad reality is when you realize how stupid this fight actually is. - Both story wise and game mechanic wise.

alred
05-24-2013, 11:21 PM
A suggestion. If you can't aim to save your life, like I can't aim, then a cluster shotgun is your friend for Nim. As is a BMG that can heal shields and HP.
Reason I suggest cluster shot, is because it has a decent mag size and the fire rate isn't to bad. I tried to burn Nim down with El Diablo, but like I said, I can't aim to save my life. My Cluster shot had a mag on it that gave me a chance that the round would have a nano effect on it. My effect was fire. So for about every 3 to 5 rounds, the cluster shot would send out a fire effect round.

Also maybe watch a few youtube videos on the fight.

sarazeff
05-25-2013, 08:37 AM
Aeekto who the feck do you think you are , so im a bad player coz i use the layouts , shields , weapons ect for me to use and help beat Nim and other in this game ?
All i can say is you must be a cheat sir !!!