PDA

View Full Version : Bits. What is the point?

darnokfx
05-24-2013, 03:20 PM
As title, why do people buy bits?
First off Defiance is a great game and I love playing it, yet I do not see any point in buying bits.
Everything is too expensive or pointless.
9.60 in real money for a vehicle/character skin is just insane.
I just bought farcry 3 blood dragon, CoJ:Gunslinger and Tomb Raider, each for less than that!!! Full Games.
And the bonus % features bought for bits, I'm at EGO1600 and it's the same as EGO100, still have 100k scrip, 100k salvage etc as there use is not that important. I add mods just because I can,not because they do much, add 0.1%?? Just shoot better, or stand back a bit.

If Trion want me to spend Real Money on shop content everything needs to be reuced. 960 bits needs to be 96bits. ie. divide by 10.
That might sound extreme yet if you can get a full gameon some stupid phone for 69p why would I buy a helmet to change my character that no one sees for the same price?

Just my opinion, and I'm sure people will hate it.
Also I have already purcahsed the DLC pack so don't hate too much as I'm sure it won't work out too well.
As in a previous psot, the last DLC will be a couple of costumes to keep people happy.

A s0t
05-24-2013, 03:21 PM
inventory slots every thing else is cosmetic and boosts just get you to max level faster

Covington
05-24-2013, 03:23 PM
later down the line they will be useful. In LOTRO our Turbine Points are required for expansions, areas and other important features - I am assuming they are going to do the same when they release paid content.

Course the huge difference - TB can be earned in game on LOTRO and bits so far can't.

loops73
05-24-2013, 03:24 PM
bits are useless besides the inventory slots. save your money,the armor and vehicles can all be had in-game for free

Iceberg
05-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Really nothing at all, if you need more inventory than say 30 slots you are doing something wrong. Bits are there for the company to make money off the player base, its their way of making income without having to resort to subscription fees.

Anderson
05-24-2013, 03:27 PM
As long as there are people out there who are willing to pay $6 for a hat I'm happy, as those people are basically paying to keep the game going so I don't have to pay a subscription.

Thank you, weirdos who think $6 for a digital hat is a good deal.

Covington
05-24-2013, 03:29 PM
As long as there are people out there who are willing to pay $6 for a hat I'm happy, as those people are basically paying to keep the game going so I don't have to pay a subscription.

Thank you, weirdos who think $6 for a digital hat is a good deal.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003450679/3538892902_Lol_94249156205_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

cusman
05-24-2013, 03:30 PM
inventory slots every thing else is cosmetic and boosts just get you to max level faster

I bought Inventory Slots to get me 100+ on that... game is too painful to play without adequate inventory slots to horde up some loot. I did buy the Nomad (bad decision) and couple of over priced outfits but they are not worth the jaja spent either.

Covington
05-24-2013, 03:30 PM
I bought Inventory Slots to get me 100+ on that... game is too painful to play without adequate inventory slots to horde up some loot. I did buy the Nomad (bad decision) and couple of over priced outfits but they are not worth the jaja spent either.

Hoarder!

:p

darnokfx
05-24-2013, 03:38 PM
I have 54 inv slots at ego1600.
Most of the items I have are waiting to be used (pre-modded guns) once the selected ones are maxed.
Even at lower slots never had a problem as gained items, esp grenades + shields were useless(9sec recharge), and just sell them.
Even got rid of 3 Legendary guns and numerous Purple stuff because they were worse than 'normal' weapons.

I didn't even mention the lock boxes, I only ever use them when it keeps promting me that my keys are full. Tier 4 = 4.
Promt....Keys are Full...Open Tier 4 LockBox...gets rid of lots of keys, gets rid of promt=good, items=less than what already have so sell them. Good waste for 4 quid, or do you get better stuff if you select 'use bits'?

Draogn
05-24-2013, 03:43 PM
People pay for bits and items in the store for the same reason people buy expensive parts for their car, buy cards for their TCG game, or any other hobby. Some do it to support the company so they keep supporting their product, and some buy these things because they can. Others do it because it is a hobby to them and generally hobbies require people to put some money into them.

Outside of that, why are you so concerned with what others spend their money on.

As to the prices, Trion is a business first and foremost. I assure you their marketing team has done the research and math.

3rdpig
05-24-2013, 04:24 PM
I want dat top hat! Who cares what it costs when I want something? I want it, that's all that matters.

There's your reasoning.

CozyMilk
05-24-2013, 04:26 PM
I bought a boat load of bits and spent them all on t4 boxes, only got like 2 legendary items for 70 bucks worth of t4 boxes, have also bought some outfits and inv. slots. I find the inventory slots to be the most useful thing I actually used bits for

Valethar
05-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Hoarder!

:p

I think Sledge had something like 179 at one point. Though, being part of the team, I bet he didn't have to pay for them like the rest of us.

Turantula
05-24-2013, 07:10 PM
I basically buy them as a donation to Trion. I did pick up the two new outfits that came with the star ship trooper helmets though. As well as the re skinned black and red duni; but in the words of Kevin Hart sometimes you just stop bein a biatch...u got it! Ball out! Lmao!

Covington
05-27-2013, 04:03 AM
I am just thankful that wardrobe isn't in a "storage" like other games - I would be a goner!

IntenseSpirit
05-27-2013, 04:17 AM
I'm usually a sucker for microtransactions. I've bought about half of the outfits in the store, a few vehicles, over 200 inventory slots, and (recently) 30 Tier 4 lockboxes. I'm not bragging, not by a longshot. Don't be like me. I always end up wearing the outfits that I've earned in-game, and my best legendaries have come from purchases with scrip on the trade forums.

drackiller
05-27-2013, 04:19 AM
...Just my opinion, and I'm sure people will hate it...

And maybe the opinion of so much more.
If things were a litlle more cheaper i think that people would start to spend more in items...

marshy
05-27-2013, 04:27 AM
[QUOTE=Turantula;699099]I basically buy them as a donation to Trion. I did pick up the two new outfits that came with the star ship trooper helmets though. As well as the re skinned black and red duni; but in the words of Kevin Hart sometimes you just stop bein a biatch...u got it! Ball out! Lmao![/QUOTE

The list
15. Throws money at them blindly for worthless content and additions.

marshy
05-27-2013, 04:28 AM
I'm usually a sucker for microtransactions. I've bought about half of the outfits in the store, a few vehicles, over 200 inventory slots, and (recently) 30 Tier 4 lockboxes. I'm not bragging, not by a longshot. Don't be like me. I always end up wearing the outfits that I've earned in-game, and my best legendaries have come from purchases with scrip on the trade forums.

Also 15. Throws money at them blindly for worthless content and additions.

IntenseSpirit
05-27-2013, 04:29 AM
[QUOTE=Turantula;699099]I basically buy them as a donation to Trion. I did pick up the two new outfits that came with the star ship trooper helmets though. As well as the re skinned black and red duni; but in the words of Kevin Hart sometimes you just stop bein a biatch...u got it! Ball out! Lmao![/QUOTE

The list
15. Throws money at them blindly for worthless content and additions.

Here, you dropped your ]

IntenseSpirit
05-27-2013, 04:32 AM
Also 15. Throws money at them blindly for worthless content and additions.

I also work for my money, and I also spend said money on things like Asian food, or customizations and performance for my motocrcycles, making me infinitesimally cooler than you. No one likes a bandwagoner.

Dracontius
05-27-2013, 04:42 AM
4400+ EGO here and haven't spent a dime on boosts, inventory slots or anything else and never will. Sure I only have 62/66 slots available to me which means constant salvaging but it doesn't bother me anymore. More like routine and I can't believe people bought that much inventory when all they had to do was get in the habit of salvaging with proper usage of the enter key and mouse placement for fast and simple salvaging. And if that's still too hard for ya, plug in your xbox or ps3 controller and do it that way. Honestly micro-transactions are useless almost for this game.

That being said, I'd like to thank my clan members who did buy bits and got clan boosts for skill and/or exp etc. Its up to you what you spend your money on b/c frankly this may be your hobby like any other person may spend cash on their hobbies. This was just my personal choice.

marshy
05-27-2013, 05:49 AM
I also work for my money, and I also spend said money on things like Asian food, or customizations and performance for my motocrcycles, making me infinitesimally cooler than you. No one likes a bandwagoner.

Please refer to number 1 off the list for you and a new 1

84. Has to state how cool the are . But only quoted by themselves
They you go pal fixed it for you