PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Sniper rifle

Illithior
05-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Is anyone else having this problem. Since the patch If Im any sort of distance away and I fire the sniper rifle the mob jerks like it has been hit but takes no damage. If anyone knows why this is please tell me it will be muchly appreciated.

Grover
05-24-2013, 04:33 PM
I don't know why but I got the same "bug" with sniper rifles ;/

doggirl211
05-24-2013, 04:37 PM
If you guys could, please reply with what rifle you're using and whether it has a scope mod on it or not. There has been a problem up until this patch with scopes reducing accuracy instead of increasing it. That was supposed to be fixed with this patch, but there is still some question whether it was or not. Thanks

Stilfar
05-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Same thing happening here. I have two blot sniper and it only happens with one of them and only when it's a critical hit. Damage number apears on the target, but it's life does not go down. Normal hits do make damage as they should

piercehead
05-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Saw mention of this elsewhere on the forums. Apparently only occurs when you have the Gunslinger perk equipped.

KeevanSixx
05-24-2013, 05:00 PM
you, sir Op, are not alone in this...i'm currently using a BAS derailer with a -.20 accuracy scope. had that same glitch with 99ers south of Muir depo, and again with raiders in sausolito. a little voice in the back of my head is shouting over the top of the others and suspects that they may have added a bit o' code to prevent taggers from 1-hit-running to the next area.

i was outside the normal aggro area where the Npc's were positioned, and shot a couple of raiders about 4 times each (crit hit each time, they even flinched, but took no damage). I slightly suspect that they may have reduced the functional range of sniper guns by a few meters, as the enemies didn't trigger as normal until i closed the distance a fair bit.

this may (or may not) be a ninja nerf to prevent PvP/shadow war grief with sniper players being able to hit other players outside the visual radius. (i know it was discussed here a few weeks ago on an old thread, about snipers being able to hit other players outside their visual radius.)

then again, something might be broken......

Arsenic_Touch
05-24-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm sorry guys. I made a post about the scopes and they said they were pushing a fix on it and it now screwed things up even more. Should've just sucked it up and dealt with the crappy accuracy, at least you could still do damage that way.

Stilfar
05-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Edit 2: Still broken, neither of my blot sniper lowers enemies health when scoring critical hits. It's the same whether I'm or not in combat or if I shoot from far away or just near the enemies.

Edit: No, it seem still broken. I have just tried both of my bolt snipers and they don't lower enemies health when scoring a critical hit from far far away (nor the enemies engange combat with you). If instead of a critical I score a regular hit, they get damaged and enganges combat.

I think this is already fixed. I'm trying again my snipers and they are working as they should.
BTW, I tryed with:
FRC Bolt Action Sniper - Fully Moded -> I had trouble with this rifle, critical hits not lowering enemie's life. Now it's fixed and works ok.
VOT Bolter - No mod at all -> This one always worked ok

mechahead
05-25-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm having the same problems with all of my bolt action rifleswith or without scope mods, noticed that the semi-automatic work like they should...crappy dmg. I guess gonna lvl the semi-auto for a while : )

Leold
05-25-2013, 11:33 AM
I found that I was able to remedy this issue by switching my perks up, they have something to do with a certain perk combination. Some have said its gunslinger, though I could've sworn that when I was experimenting with perks to see what caused it I was able to use gunslinger without the bug occurring with some combination.

Just try switching around your perks a bit if you're experiencing this bug and still want to use bolt-action rifles.

Neog2
05-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Yeah same issue here. I thought it was because I just restarted the main story going through for the second time. And the mobs you get at the beginning have low health. I thought because my sniper was doing almost 5k damage it was more damage than they had health.

But i see now that I am not alone with this headshot problem. I will say that criticals are working on the Monarch's though just not people so far.

Banna
05-26-2013, 08:23 PM
The gunslinger perk does cause sniper head shots to do no damage. The damage does show up as floating text if you have damage numbers turn on. Non sniper head shots do damage if the gunslinger perk is equipped. Type of sniper rifle does not matter.

My fix was to remove gunslinger from my load out. Sniper head shots worked just fine afterwards. Not sure if this is the same problem you have.

Muffins
05-26-2013, 10:40 PM
I had this issue, it was with that VOT Sniper rifle one or something. Manual type. It wasn't modded.

However I use a modded (scope) semi automatic and it seems to do damage just fine. Though I do understand what OP means. The damage shows, the critical number shows, but no damage is done. Body shots do damage though.

I just tried equipping Gunslinger perk and I still do headshot damage with my semi automatic, however I can't find a manual to test.

Quatermass
05-27-2013, 01:02 PM
If you guys could, please reply with what rifle you're using and whether it has a scope mod on it or not. There has been a problem up until this patch with scopes reducing accuracy instead of increasing it. That was supposed to be fixed with this patch, but there is still some question whether it was or not. Thanks

All the sniper rifles modded and unmodded white to purple hellbug to rioter to mutant to dark matter.
At this point sniper rifles are completley useless.
The DMG text appears but there is no DMG done.

I'm using scoped heavy assault rifle as a last deperate act.

Kunkku
05-27-2013, 02:02 PM
If you reseted the weapon mastery points it stops working does dmg but monster will not take any!!
Try different sniper rifle worked for me

piercehead
05-27-2013, 02:50 PM
All the sniper rifles modded and unmodded white to purple hellbug to rioter to mutant to dark matter.
At this point sniper rifles are completley useless.

Not at all true. I've been using a variety of bolt-actions for the last few weeks (as they level up so damn quick) and never had this headshot issue. It's been reported as an issue with perks, e.g. Gunslinger. Try changing your perks

Quatermass
05-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Not at all true. I've been using a variety of bolt-actions for the last few weeks (as they level up so damn quick) and never had this headshot issue. It's been reported as an issue with perks, e.g. Gunslinger. Try changing your perks

I don't have gunslinger.
I don't even think I have unlocked even.
The snipers worked fine for me until three days ago.
I think it was the may 25th update that broke them for me.

Kvak
07-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I can confirm that I too was having issues with my Sniper Rifle, but by removing the Gunslinger Perk, it started to work again.

CptBadger
07-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Is anyone else having this problem. Since the patch If Im any sort of distance away and I fire the sniper rifle the mob jerks like it has been hit but takes no damage. If anyone knows why this is please tell me it will be muchly appreciated.

Had the same problem. Disable the "Gunslinger" perk if you have it equipped. That fixed it for me. Also I was told that any mods that add "hip damage bonus" mess up the sniper rifles.

Nilxain
07-08-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't use gunslinger and I have this same problem. I got it today when my sniper (which I had reset) maxed its lvl out. Maybe it has something to do with resetting the weapon mastery then maxing it back out?

crasher
07-09-2013, 02:41 AM
I don't use gunslinger and I have this same problem. I got it today when my sniper (which I had reset) maxed its lvl out. Maybe it has something to do with resetting the weapon mastery then maxing it back out?

I'm not being snotty, please don't take it that way:

There are several threads on this issue with a lot of info too tiresome for you to want to read there and here again, and many people with the prob never had Gunslinger to begin with. Read up on it, see if any of those conditions apply to you.

I'm one of the ones who had the problem before getting Gunslinger or any combination of perks and leveling that are blamed.

Bear1968
07-09-2013, 05:45 AM
I was having the same problem. It seemed to only happen in single instances when I was running through Episode Quests, then when I ran out of those I resumed the story Lines and started having that problem all of the time. I picked up a green Bolt Rifle and swapped it for my good one and never had a problem after.
Soooooo as far as I can see it had nothing to do with EGO but with the Rifle. As mentioned in a previous post my Modded Rifle DID have the "Fire From Hip" advantage.

Range_Finder
07-11-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm having this problem with modded and unmodded sniper rifles, I also don't use the Gunslinger perk