PDA

View Full Version : AFK Raging about Cerberus

uninhabitableheart
05-24-2013, 04:04 PM
I googled a bit, browsed the forums a bit, didn't see anything about this, but there's clearly a glitch.

What causes it? I don't know. What happens? Read on:

You're driving a Cerberus, your gunners are gunning and rocketing. Life is good.

Suddenly, you "magically" start taking damage even tho there are no enemies near you. You boost like hell and fully clear any range that standard bullets, or the person firing them, would be able to follow and kill you. This damage persists. Then you die. Let's see where the death cam puts this jerk so you can go kill him...

Wait a second... wtf? You were at point C taking damage, and your assailant is on the roof at point A with ... an LMG? That's weird. I didn't know they had bullet-curving/worm-holing magazine mods for the LMG. You learn something new everyday!

So what's happening? It appears that some glitch is happening where the driver's body becomes suspended in air, separated from the vehicle - left behind, if you will. So while the vehicle continues around the map, the driver is a sitting duck.

uninhabitableheart
05-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Ok, clearly I titled this wrong, because 1 view? I guess I'm not really nerd raging as much as hoping someone can tell me if this is a PS3 thing, a known thing, if they've seen it, etc.

I've now seen this happen BOTH ways. When I was ran over by a Cerberus, it showed the driver near Point A (the other team's side), even tho they ran me over between B and C.

Edit: sorry if this is a "bump", but for real. It's bugging me. CnH is awesome right now, and I'm scared to even bother leveling up my Cerberus skill...

Madhava
05-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Ok, clearly I titled this wrong, because 1 view? I guess I'm not really nerd raging as much as hoping someone can tell me if this is a PS3 thing, a known thing, if they've seen it, etc.

I've now seen this happen BOTH ways. When I was ran over by a Cerberus, it showed the driver near Point A (the other team's side), even tho they ran me over between B and C.

Edit: sorry if this is a "bump", but for real. It's bugging me. CnH is awesome right now, and I'm scared to even bother leveling up my Cerberus skill...

IN FY I've had random deaths by player through a wall over distances that aren't right. I've also been killed by someone like 0.1 sec after I killed em (they were alive again). This is all on the PC though

uninhabitableheart
05-24-2013, 05:08 PM
There's a chance that could be lag or the Syphon Nano Effect (it's a bit delayed but can do a lot of damage with certain weapons). I was pretty sure people were shooting my body outside of the vehicle after the first couple of times, but after I saw an opposing Cerberus's driver's body floating near Point A on the kill cam... I know this is happening.

cusman
05-24-2013, 05:12 PM
I also died in Cerberus at least one time where the kill cam showed the guy around B point, while I was in A point. He was using a Flare pistol, so I thought he lobbed that shot over...

Whatever the bug is... it is not overly frequent. I'll let it slide since I don't want Freight Yard being taken down for any reason :>

uninhabitableheart
05-24-2013, 06:44 PM
I also died in Cerberus at least one time where the kill cam showed the guy around B point, while I was in A point. He was using a Flare pistol, so I thought he lobbed that shot over...

Whatever the bug is... it is not overly frequent. I'll let it slide since I don't want Freight Yard being taken down for any reason :>

Yeah, I don't want Freight Yard to come down altogether, either, but it's an issue that needs addressing apparently. My problem is that I PREFER to use the Turret, but always get stuck with a driver that thinks it's a good idea to sit in the same spot for 15+ seconds (because that's not a bad idea, right?) - so I decided to drive a bit and level my Cerberus. If you keep moving, and pick your path wisely, you really can stay alive for quite some time, while providing location support as needed. All of that goes to **** when the driver can be massacred because his body is a sitting duck elsewhere.