PDA

View Full Version : Green Nano Effect, WHY?

Cytherian
05-24-2013, 04:35 PM
I have been playing this game since the beta. The entire time I have played I have yet to see ANY way in which the green nano effect serves a purpose. I assume from the animation that it is supposed to be like acid or somthing. The symbol on the weapons with it is radiological so I really dont know what it is supposed to do. Both when using it and when effected by it I have no actual effect aside for the obvious animation. It dosen't prevent cloak, apply a DOT, increase damage recived, or prevent health or sheild regen. This is one reason I wish weapons said what the nano effect was as opposed to just having a symbol. I have had damage numbers on since launch not sure if the effect is glitched or what but if it isnt gonna serve a purpose they should either fix it or ditch it. The game has been out for 2months now and the idea that one of the mechanics just dosent do anything is just silly. So yes if I am in the wrong please do correct me as so far the game has given me no reason to think it does ANYTHING.

fang1192
05-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Green increases damage received by 20%, and stacks with crits.

doggirl211
05-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Green increases damage received by 20%, and stacks with crits.

He clearly said he's had damage numbers on since launch.......

Cytherian
05-24-2013, 04:41 PM
yeah its not reflected in the numbers at all Effected enimies do not take more crit damage. I know this because even just now prior to this post I have a Blue electric saw, it was leveled grabbed this one which is a green with the green nano effect. The crit damage I do with both on a Forge was exactly the same. Even with the gun once the nano effect applies the crit damage does not improve. So according to the games damage numbers. The intended effect is not proc'ing.

Fiox
05-24-2013, 04:41 PM
radiation and toxic both work

fang1192
05-24-2013, 04:42 PM
He clearly said he's had damage numbers on since launch.......

Why did you have to quote me? -_- damn it. I edited it for a reason.

jackdaws_1999
05-24-2013, 04:58 PM
yeah its not reflected in the numbers at all Effected enimies do not take more crit damage. I know this because even just now prior to this post I have a Blue electric saw, it was leveled grabbed this one which is a green with the green nano effect.
Actually it does increase the damage that the creature/enemy/person recieves, but only for everyone else that is shooting it. The person causing the caustic (the yellowy blob symbol) or radiation (the green one) doesnt see any boost whatsoever, only the other people around actually get the boost to damage.

Its only really useful in co-op and PVP since your helping your team by using it, and since there is likely many people shoosting the same person, the others get a nice boost.

Incidentally, the caustic does almost the same thing as radiation, except it doesnt come with the shield stripping power that radiation does. However, caustic and radiation Both stack ontop of one another. You notice this most when arkfall bosses are out. Due to everyone shoosting them, you will notice from time to time that you do more damage than at others, this is the caustic and radiation effetcs triggering and wearing out.

In co-op we (me and my wife) tend to have one caustic, one radiation, one fire and one person running electric, then all the secondary weapons we use are all syphon (because its beast, and gets you up if your dropped when it triggers).