PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you put Toxic Converter on FRC Northstar Flare? Fire + Toxic Damage?

cusman
05-24-2013, 05:28 PM
It is my first Toxic Converter and the only weapon it matches on Synergy is a FRC Northstar Flare. I don't have the Mod slot available and I was wondering if it would be worth all the Salvage to Add the Mod slots to be able to add the Toxic Converter to this weapon...

Anybody that knows? I will look for answer after couple of hours... thanks in advance

Agonist
05-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Thought it just overwrites whatever nano is present.

Auldrek
05-24-2013, 05:30 PM
When I did that I saw no change to damage or effect. Just took up a slot. Of course that was many patches ago so....

Turantula
05-24-2013, 05:31 PM
More than likely yes it will be toxic fire since the northstars fire effect is not a nano effect, just like the incinerator GL. I have a northstar that has a bio nano effect so yes, fire + booboo feet= sheer awesome!

cusman
05-24-2013, 05:34 PM
More than likely yes it will be toxic fire since the northstars fire effect is not a nano effect, just like the incinerator GL. I have a northstar that has a bio nano effect so yes, fire + booboo feet= sheer awesome!

Very cool. Yes I was hoping it could get double effect. I guess now I will be spending Salvage on it hoping the right Mod slot gets added :)

Auldrek
05-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Please let us know if it works cusman.

cusman
05-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Please let us know if it works cusman.

I used it on my Northstar Flare and I can verify that it is still doing Fire Damage. The nano-icon on it changed from Fire to Toxic. I am not sure how to recognize if/what the Toxic nano-effect does. I have turned on all the Perks that boost Nano-Effect trigger rates and not sure if it does anything. Gunslinger seems to be great Perk for it as well since I mostly fire from hip (just put cursor slightly to the right of the target and it dead shots them).

Doesn't seem to have any visual feedback if Toxic does anything.

My Northstar Flare gun with Toxic Converter is consistently doing ~2000 damage for Critical hits (head shots) against humanoid enemies (including in PvP) plus 100+ tick damage similar to what the Bonfire Rocket launcher does. So it is much stronger than the Bonfire... lots of ammo, but much smaller blast radius.

My Northstar Flare with Toxic is Quartermaster synergy and my Toxic Converter and one other mod on it were both Quartermaster so it has reload boost on it as well. The weapon has so far been very effective against all enemies except skitterlings and those smaller robot dog things.

Muffins
05-25-2013, 06:04 PM
I tried this too, just based solely on that some Flares I get already have an element on them. I tried it with Radiation and it did both elements. It's pretty sweet!

I always made a joke that Fire element on the Flare means you should nukes.

cusman
05-26-2013, 01:07 AM
I tried this too, just based solely on that some Flares I get already have an element on them. I tried it with Radiation and it did both elements. It's pretty sweet!

I always made a joke that Fire element on the Flare means you should nukes.

Do you mean you had a Radiation Converter? Similar to my Toxic Converter... and you put that on Flare and now it does Fire + Radiation?