PDA

View Full Version : Sam Skatch on KTAM Tonight

Skatch
05-24-2013, 05:51 PM
In ten minutes folks it is time for another fantastic episode of the Sam Skatch show! on www.ktamradio.com!

Feel free to follow me on twitter @SamSkatch I will be watching during the show. You can also join KTAM on mumble at ktam.mumble.com port 4811 and chat with us during the show!

Beck
05-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Wow... what a start, what an Intro... Loving it.

Miserere
05-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Bumping it....HARD.... ;)

Armitage
05-24-2013, 07:14 PM
To quote Ed Sullivan: "Really big show!" Why aren't you listening? Go now! Wtf?

KeevanSixx
05-24-2013, 07:28 PM
already there.....got my beverage on ice, and the volume knob twisted off.......gave the little lady a big bag of D ick's apples to keep her occupied and quiet while i'm listeneng.....life is good in the bay.....K-tam! Tune in, turn on, frag out!!!!!

Beck
05-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Sunday only gets better Tune in for General Hammer.

Miserere
05-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Sunday only gets better Tune in for General Hammer.

And it will be epic! :D

Space_Monky
05-24-2013, 09:59 PM
unfortunately i missed half the show, but what i did hear was awesome. great show skatch!

IAMREALITY
05-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Ummmm no. Just, no...

Space_Monky
05-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Ummmm no. Just, no...

http://oi41.tinypic.com/j7tctu.jpg

Beck
05-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Scruggin' Epic I love it man. Keep up the good work. lol. They gonna... eat it up... when they see this.

IAMREALITY
05-24-2013, 11:05 PM

Sounds like you're recommending them from experience. I appreciate the offer, but no thanks. More for you!

Space_Monky
05-24-2013, 11:06 PM
i do what i can. ;)

fatoldguy
05-24-2013, 11:07 PM
No offense to those that like these sort of things, but I find them odd, but then I find gamers are a pretty odd bunch. Of course it's probably because I'm an old, southern guy.

I worked at Nintendo for a few years, and several people regularly showed up to work dressed as video game characters, and there was a damn near 7 foot tall guy with really dark and constant 5 o'clock shadow that wore dresses to work every day.

So anyway more power to you, if you like this sort of thing.

Solo
05-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Whaaaaaaaaa? I didn't know there was a show today. I'm new to KTAM I was on the site after friday's live stream, but I was just chilling listening to the radio then started to watch tv. I know sunday is sledgehammer guest star.

Beck
05-24-2013, 11:16 PM
No offense to those that like these sort of things, but I find them odd, but then I find gamers are a pretty odd bunch. Of course it's probably because I'm an old, southern guy.

I worked at Nintendo for a few years, and several people regularly showed up to work dressed as video game characters, and there was a damn near 7 foot tall guy with really dark and constant 5 o'clock shadow that wore dresses to work every day.

So anyway more power to you, if you like this sort of thing.

I fail to understand the point you are making.

The avg age of the K-TAM crew of volunteers with the exception of one is mid 30's, 1 is 25, from two different countries.
The D ick's Apple Joke is based on one of the segments of one of our show hosts who took a call and the caller told him to "Eat a big bag of D ick''s..." as he was cut off by Sam who took this as an insult, not knowing that D ick''s is a local farmer in Marin who has a small apple orchard and sells his apples in bags.

D ick''s apple bag is pretty big and after the segment he wanted to share his big Bag of D ick''s Apples to anyone who needed to get a mouth full. A big bah of D ick''s will stop a lot of conversation that doesn't need to go on as people enjoy a mouthful of juicy goodness. A bag of D ick''s is a great gift for many folks on the forums and I think they should be judiciously offered.

/did i just troll my own station with a lot of D ick's... apples?

Space_Monky
05-24-2013, 11:19 PM
haha, thanks Beck!

fatoldguy
05-24-2013, 11:20 PM

The avg age of the K-TAM crew of volunteers with the exception of one is mid 30's. 1 is 25, from two different countries.
The ****'s Apple Joke is based on one of the segments of one of out show hosts who took a call and the caller told him to "Eat a big bag of ****'s..." as he was cut off by Sam who took this as an insult, not knowing that ****'s is a local farmer in Marin who has a small apple orchard and sells his apples in bags.

****'s apple bag is pretty big and after the segment he wanted to share his big Bag of ****'s Apples to anyone who needed to get a mouth full. A big bah of ****'s will stop a lot of conversation that doesn't need to go on as people enjoy a mouthful of juicy goodness. A bag of ****'s is a great gift for many folks on the forums and I think they should be judiciously offered.

/did i just troll my own station?

Mid 30's is to me young, and a entirely different generation with entirely different values. I did not, nor am I now saying mine is better, just different. I have seen shows like this on several games that I play, and have tuned in at least once just to check it out. My post was not directed to anything you posted, merely an observation.

IAMREALITY
05-24-2013, 11:31 PM

The avg age of the K-TAM crew of volunteers with the exception of one is mid 30's, 1 is 25, from two different countries.
The D ick's Apple Joke is based on one of the segments of one of our show hosts who took a call and the caller told him to "Eat a big bag of D ick''s..." as he was cut off by Sam who took this as an insult, not knowing that D ick''s is a local farmer in Marin who has a small apple orchard and sells his apples in bags.

D ick''s apple bag is pretty big and after the segment he wanted to share his big Bag of D ick''s Apples to anyone who needed to get a mouth full. A big bah of D ick''s will stop a lot of conversation that doesn't need to go on as people enjoy a mouthful of juicy goodness. A bag of D ick''s is a great gift for many folks on the forums and I think they should be judiciously offered.

/did i just troll my own station with a lot of D ick's... apples?

I feel for you. Must be hard getting to such an age without having ever experienced the warm, moist, inside of a pie. Ummm, wait. I mean, uhhh, apple pie. Yeah, apple pie. That's the ticket!

fatoldguy
05-24-2013, 11:32 PM
i feel for you. Must be hard getting to such an age without having ever experienced the warm, moist, inside of a pie. Ummm, wait. I mean, uhhh, apple pie. Yeah, apple pie. That's the ticket!

lol ;)

Beck
05-24-2013, 11:57 PM
I feel for you. Must be hard getting to such an age without having ever experienced the warm, moist, inside of a pie. Ummm, wait. I mean, uhhh, apple pie. Yeah, apple pie. That's the ticket!

We play our commercials with a very tongue in cheek sense of humor, a little inuendo as well. Some are not what people think they are but we let people extend their own illusions. We want to have some story lines mixed in with the music because we are not yet at the capacity to play shows all day long and we don't expect people to tune in for hours upon hours at a time either. We get that the humor is a little juvenile, but the avg gamer is a little juvenile and it is catering to that sense of naughty fun. As commercials they are short and don't take you away from the game for too long or the music which is what drives most people while they play.

What shows we have are either in character or open line talk shows. We play to the immersiveness of the game with in the lore and we let people such as yourselves have a voice. The music is not for everyone, but it is what people are requesting as we are quite responsive to the community. We try to bring up topics that people talk about on the forums, and most of the time we have people who agree with many different sides. Even sledgehammer admitted that in the office they have these same debates we all have on the forums.

We are also not above trolling on each other and do so fairly often on our in character and out of character shows. It is all part of sharing with everyone else. It takes a good sense of humor to not only take a troll comment, like eat a big back of D ick's, and turn it back on it's self and have even more fun with it. But it is by no means original. D icken's Cider is virtually a classic and this joke plays on the double en-taunt and the troll like humor and we have more we are working on.

But that doesn't mean everything we do is like this. We have a very interesting story lines unfolding in many aspects on the radio, we are telling a story and trying to do so in a way that is fun with just enough drama and exposition with out going too far and sounding like a soap opera. As more people come on board we can expand what we can offer.

It is great that you get the joke and are having with it too. It's even better that you are interested enough in what we are doing to participate. :)

IAMREALITY
05-25-2013, 12:12 AM
We play our commercials with a very tongue in cheek sense of humor, a little inuendo as well. Some are not what people think they are but we let people extend their own illusions. We want to have some story lines mixed in with the music because we are not yet at the capacity to play shows all day long and we don't expect people to tune in for hours upon hours at a time either. We get that the humor is a little juvenile, but the avg gamer is a little juvenile and it is catering to that sense of naughty fun. As commercials they are short and don't take you away from the game for too long or the music which is what drives most people while they play.

What shows we have are either in character or open line talk shows. We play to the immersiveness of the game with in the lore and we let people such as yourselves have a voice. The music is not for everyone, but it is what people are requesting as we are quite responsive to the community. We try to bring up topics that people talk about on the forums, and most of the time we have people who agree with many different sides. Even sledgehammer admitted that in the office they have these same debates we all have on the forums.

We are also not above trolling on each other and do so fairly often on our in character and out of character shows. It is all part of sharing with everyone else. It takes a good sense of humor to not only take a troll comment, like eat a big back of D ick's, and turn it back on it's self and have even more fun with it. But it is by no means original. D icken's Cider is virtually a classic and this joke plays on the double en-taunt and the troll like humor and we have more we are working on.

But that doesn't mean everything we do is like this. We have a very interesting story lines unfolding in many aspects on the radio, we are telling a story and trying to do so in a way that is fun with just enough drama and exposition with out going too far and sounding like a soap opera. As more people come on board we can expand what we can offer.

It is great that you get the joke and are having with it too. It's even better that you are interested enough in what we are doing to participate. :)

Probably the best reply to my being an *** I've ever received. Seriously. Much respect to you, even if you haven't ever tasted Jane's apple pie!

Maybe next time I'll tune in. You've earned that much from me. 3am here on the east coast and I'm spent. So peace, and have a good rest of your night.

Beck
05-25-2013, 02:43 AM
Re-playing the Sam Skatch Show for our late night listeners.

Azydom
05-25-2013, 03:10 AM
K-Tam is just epic, loving it, hard to play now without it on, adds soo much to the game, :cool::cool:

Skatch
05-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Sam Skatch show is on its Wednesday replay! Tune in, and scream out!