PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.021 - Fixing the Shtako

Rumbleskin
05-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Patch 1.021 - Fixing the Shtako
GENERAL
● Sieges going live. Its early but we feel like we have put you all through enough shtako to warrent a early release

MISSIONS
● You can now join your friends in mission even if you already completed them

CHALLENGES
● Gold rewards now give 1 key code

EMERGENCIES
● Now all emergencies grant 2 key codes

COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER
● Clan leaders and officers can now send out a clan invite to shadow wars

CO-OP
● If you get kicked during a co-op you will now automatical rejoin your team on login

WEAPONS
● The price to reset any weapon is now set to a flat cost of 20k salvage

VEHICLES
● Passengers can now fire weapons from car windows

DEFIANCE STORE
● To help raise income we no longer sell any lockbox's from the store. Added instead alot more ways to earn keycodes in game
● You can now buy Salvage/Mods slots from the store
● Added more outfits and other Vehicles to the store

Forums
● Forums can now only be access'ed from inside the game at forum terminals

USER INTERFACE
● We totally stole rifts game chat and added it to defiance

Some patch notes i would like to see

Bman10119
05-24-2013, 06:27 PM
1. This will provide spoilers for the tv show. a lot of players watch said show. spoilers would be bad. very very bad. no.
2. Most missions you can if you're in a group. some of them are supposed to be solo.
3. No. Add platinum as the fourth trophy and give a keycode for that.
4. No. Keycodes are supposed to be semi difficult to earn.
5. Yes yes yes. 100,000 times yes. This is a must.
6. this would be nice, but nearly impossible for them to do.
7. Since it doesnt reset weapon mastery stat i agree with this one.
8. negative. as 1.020 has shown vehicles are to be used for transport, NOT combat. stupid nerfed vehicles...
9. This is stupid. It's one of the best ways for them to increase their profits. Microtransactions are how free to play mmo type games keep going.
10. Salvage would be nice. Mod slots... kinda stupid to buy those with bits.
11. they already did. two new duni shetaru's with special decals, plus the scrapworks salvager outfit along with two other outfits.
12. That's stupid. just use a computer/smart phone/tablet/ipod.
13. Don't play rift. Also dont really care because that would be a waste of time to see that.

A s0t
05-24-2013, 06:30 PM
MISSIONS

you can you join their phase

IAMREALITY
05-24-2013, 06:33 PM
1. This will provide spoilers for the tv show. a lot of players watch said show. spoilers would be bad. very very bad. no.
2. Most missions you can if you're in a group. some of them are supposed to be solo.
3. No. Add platinum as the fourth trophy and give a keycode for that.
4. No. Keycodes are supposed to be semi difficult to earn.
5. Yes yes yes. 100,000 times yes. This is a must.
6. this would be nice, but nearly impossible for them to do.
7. Since it doesnt reset weapon mastery stat i agree with this one.
8. negative. as 1.020 has shown vehicles are to be used for transport, NOT combat. stupid nerfed vehicles...
9. This is stupid. It's one of the best ways for them to increase their profits. Microtransactions are how free to play mmo type games keep going.
10. Salvage would be nice. Mod slots... kinda stupid to buy those with bits.
11. they already did. two new duni shetaru's with special decals, plus the scrapworks salvager outfit along with two other outfits.
12. That's stupid. just use a computer/smart phone/tablet/ipod.
13. Don't play rift. Also dont really care because that would be a waste of time to see that.

He said notes I'd like to see, not notes that I'd like to see so long as they have Bman's approval. He gave his thoughts about things that mattered to him; that HE'd like to see. So calling those things stupid just because you yourself wouldn't care to see them just, well, makes you look stupid...

Bman10119
05-24-2013, 06:51 PM
i wasnt talking about my approval. i was speaking from a business standpoint and explaining what would be Trions reactions to those. except for a little on 10 and 12. i agree most of them would be nice, just mostly unlikely.

Arsenic_Touch
05-24-2013, 08:57 PM

I had to chime on this little gem. Waste of time? It would be a waste of time to fix the single most complained about thing in this game since the alpha? well if fixing the very social aspect of an mmo is a waste of time, I'd hate to see what you think is being productive.

MacDeath
05-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Patch 1.021 - Fixing the Shtako
GENERAL
● Sieges going live. Its early but we feel like we have put you all through enough shtako to warrent a early release

MISSIONS

CHALLENGES

EMERGENCIES

COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER

CO-OP
● If you get kicked during a co-op you will now automatical rejoin your team on login

WEAPONS

VEHICLES

DEFIANCE STORE
● To help raise income we no longer sell any lockbox's from the store. Added instead alot more ways to earn keycodes in game

Forums

USER INTERFACE

Some patch notes i would like to see
Forums
● Forums can now ALSO be access'ed from inside the game at forum terminals

I like the idea that only players should have access to POST on the forums but what about potential players who want to check out the game prior to purchase?
What about people who check on the forums from work / school where they don't have access to the game?

Rasczak
05-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Wait, he wants people logged into the game to not actually play while in the game, but just stand around as they access the forum and post or troll others.

Oh, this guy is brilliant. :confused:

Bman10119
05-24-2013, 09:38 PM
I had to chime on this little gem. Waste of time? It would be a waste of time to fix the single most complained about thing in this game since the alpha? well if fixing the very social aspect of an mmo is a waste of time, I'd hate to see what you think is being productive.
I'm sorry, I should've been more clear. I play on xbox, so I've never played rift. And I was thinking they'd already done that or something and it was him saying they were admitting to stealing rifts chat system. I do agree the chat needs an overhaul.

fatoldguy
05-24-2013, 09:55 PM
You must not play rift, the chat is 100 times better there. I can change the window size, font size, background alpha, and much more.

Xenosaj
05-24-2013, 10:18 PM
CHALLENGES

EMERGENCIES

Do you have any idea just how much these two would be abused? The moment the servers came up after they fixed the item duplication, I headed straight for Dam Defense to knock that out. Easiest gold medal challenge yet, didn't last more than two minutes, and all I had to do was stand there and spam rockets. And you think a keycode should be rewarded for that? Emergencies would be almost as bad, considering how easy they are. I think you just want to avoid having to go to arkfalls now that you can't tag them and run to the next one.

CO-OP

I'm going to assume you mean disconnected from the game. If you're kicked from a group by the group leader, it's probably for a good reason and they shouldn't be required to have you rejoin them.

VEHICLES

Again, too much potential for abuse.

DEFIANCE STORE

Directly selling salvage and mods from the store turns this into a pay-to-win game, and while I'm sure some people with overflowing wallets out there would be just fine with this, I doubt the majority of players would appreciate it. And I'm sure they'll add more outfits and vehicles over time; those have no real impact on the game.

Forums

I can't begin to imagine what kind of reasoning prompted you to ask for this.

COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER

WEAPONS

USER INTERFACE

These are the only worthwhile suggestions you made. There's no real reason not to allow clan invites via Shadow Wars and pursuits as reason to do so. The weapon reset cost does need to be changed, considering higher EGO level doesn't guarantee higher stats or better bonuses.

Chat is better after the patch but could still use some tweaking, as well as getting rid of the bug that prevents you from speaking in a channel. I noticed that, for me at least, it didn't happen until there'd already been quite a bit of text in the clan channel, as I could isolate that channel and scroll way up and down. Makes me wonder if it's a buffer limitation issue where there's only so much space allocated to save text, and once it's filled up it stops working for a channel.

Rumbleskin
05-25-2013, 02:12 AM
Do you have any idea just how much these two would be abused? The moment the servers came up after they fixed the item duplication, I headed straight for Dam Defense to knock that out. Easiest gold medal challenge yet, didn't last more than two minutes, and all I had to do was stand there and spam rockets. And you think a keycode should be rewarded for that? Emergencies would be almost as bad, considering how easy they are. I think you just want to avoid having to go to arkfalls now that you can't tag them and run to the next one.

I'm going to assume you mean disconnected from the game. If you're kicked from a group by the group leader, it's probably for a good reason and they shouldn't be required to have you rejoin them.

Again, too much potential for abuse.

Directly selling salvage and mods from the store turns this into a pay-to-win game, and while I'm sure some people with overflowing wallets out there would be just fine with this, I doubt the majority of players would appreciate it. And I'm sure they'll add more outfits and vehicles over time; those have no real impact on the game.

I can't begin to imagine what kind of reasoning prompted you to ask for this.

These are the only worthwhile suggestions you made. There's no real reason not to allow clan invites via Shadow Wars and pursuits as reason to do so. The weapon reset cost does need to be changed, considering higher EGO level doesn't guarantee higher stats or better bonuses.

Chat is better after the patch but could still use some tweaking, as well as getting rid of the bug that prevents you from speaking in a channel. I noticed that, for me at least, it didn't happen until there'd already been quite a bit of text in the clan channel, as I could isolate that channel and scroll way up and down. Makes me wonder if it's a buffer limitation issue where there's only so much space allocated to save text, and once it's filled up it stops working for a channel.

The problem is whats mostly "fun" in the game is buying lockbox's and trion trying everything in there power to try and make us buy them from the store. Moving the game and store more to a buying salvage model instead would allow the free flow of keycodes once more. And atlest when you buy salavge you arent buying somthing with a random chance like a box. How is buying salvage pay to win?

Forums
● Forums can now ALSO be access'ed from inside the game at forum terminals

I like the idea that only players should have access to POST on the forums but what about potential players who want to check out the game prior to purchase?
What about people who check on the forums from work / school where they don't have access to the game?

The forums would still be here but posting can only be done from inside the game. Should be fewer trolls as most dont bother to login at all

you can you join their phase
I was thinking mostly of the nim fight

Rumbleskin
05-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Bump for fun

Envy
05-29-2013, 12:21 PM
keycodes from content again : D
Hang out the window shooting crap : D

Fun!!!

Gratty
05-29-2013, 01:24 PM
You do realize that some of these things actually include fixing things, right? The Defiance team doesn't like fixing things. Well, unless it involves us getting loads of keycodes... apparently it diverts attention from the Defiance store.

Thr0nes
05-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Patch 1.0213 - Fixing the Shtako
GENERAL

Added defence rating to outfits and shields
Added mod slots for shields
Added Ego Penetration; increases and in some cases allowing you to damage some enemies
Added a friendly zone with ponies for causuals, and a plane of elemental fear for HC players.
Added a small chance for purple and legendary items to drop from any mob in game, this was mistakenly taken out in the first week after launch, our bad guys, we admit it.

MISSIONS

Repeating missions will give the same special rewards they did the first time. i.e. El Diablo, Gladiator, ect..
Added diffculty settings to missions, limited ammo, no vehicle, stealth. Each option provides more salvage and a +1% loot drop rate.

CHALLENGES

Added Stealth challenges

EMERGENCIES

Added Keycode fragments to emergencies, as intended from starts, whoops our bad.

COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER

Fixed Competitive multiplayer by disabling the option to join it.

CO-OP

We let loose a bunch of mice in our Co-Op Maps to make sure that they could not jump a fence and get to the boss fight in 3 minutes.
Increased XP to be more inline with Major Arkfalls.

WEAPONS

Reverted Shotguns to their previous glorious state
Infectors now have a base range of 40, immunizers have unlimited range. We mistook Infectors for melee weapons, soz.
TACC AR seems to not have a drop off damage... so we left it alone........
In the wake of the coming zombie apocolypse, we've enabled shovels, crow bars, axes, and all manner of melee weapons.
Created new melee weapon slot

VEHICLES

Increase armor and reduced damage from vehicles
Despawn vehicles in ark fall zones
Enabled vehicles in co-op maps

USER INTERFACE

Added player detail screen that shows what buffs are currently active
Added a in-game DPS meter
The UI has been revamped per suggestions on this forum, thanks guys, we struggle sometimes.

Tessien
05-29-2013, 02:30 PM
2 key codes for emergencies is probably too much. Some of them literally take less than 30 seconds to complete, while others take a few minutes. I think 1 key code for emergencies would be nice though, there isn't much reason at all to do them currently.

Mylo
05-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Rumbleskin
Forums
I can't begin to imagine what kind of reasoning prompted you to ask for this. .

This made me smile. big throwback to Meridian 59 there, with the message globes.

Sdric
05-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Patch 1.0214 - Fixing the Shtako

Major Arkfalls

Increased the amount of enemies to 1 Skitterling/player, 1 Hellbug Warrior/ 4 players, 1 Archer/ 6 players
Enemy health decreased by 50% as a compensation
Monarchs now activate their abilities twice as fast

Co-op Missions

Co-op missions now have new modes:
Moster Mania: the amount of enemies is doubled
Arkhunters must die!: Enemy melee attacks now ignore shields and bullet damage is increased by 50%
Finishing one of the new modes grants 12 keys instead of 5.

Weapons

Infectors now can apply nano-effects
Infectors loose their damage spike after 5 hits, instead they add a Nano-Effect
SMG now have a +8 base Falloff-Damage
AR & Pistol hipfire accuracy increased by 25%
Disruptors now have their firerate increased to 10
Bolt Action Sniper Rifles now have a +15% chance to trigger Nano-effects

Ego-Abilities

Blur - now refills your shield upon activation
Decoy - Cooldown decreased by 10 seconds
Decoy - now permanently reveals stealthed enemies around the decoy
Overcharge - Now also improves your accuracy by -0.50

Trivia

Draw-Distance increased from 80 to 120
Mobs now again can drop purple and orange items with a low rate.
Weapon exp-reset set to fixed 35.000

Rumbleskin
05-29-2013, 03:16 PM
This made me smile. big throwback to Meridian 59 there, with the message globes.

so glad hear there is another real old schooler here. 107 forever!

edit, why hasent anyone remade this game??? Meridian 59 had it all. Pvp Pve clan shtako. Guild halls. Adding your won stats. a place to hang, Paddocks

Firetalion
05-29-2013, 03:31 PM
All emergencies grant a keycode? Perhaps you missed a memo...

How about, update patches have minor bug fixes in them, and after current new content is done being released, they have a few updates that are strictly bug-stomping updates. Ever seen how a good system releases updates? Xbox Media Center program updates are a good example.

And stop asking for stuff you want that the mods will never go for. It takes away from your attempt at making a point to them. Keycodes must be rare, to keep oranges rare, to keep wanna-be twinks spending mommies money. Duh.

Rumbleskin
05-29-2013, 03:32 PM
All emergencies grant a keycode? Perhaps you missed a memo...

How about, update patches have minor bug fixes in them, and after new content is done being released, they have a few updates that are strictly bug-stomping updates. Ever seen how a good system releases updates? Xbox Media Center program updates are a good example.

And stop asking for stuff you want that the mods will never go for. It takes away from your attempt at a point to them. Keycodes must be rare, to keep oranges rare, to keep wanna-be twinks spending mommies money. Duh.
You miss the point, If they sold salvage instead of t4 box's then they can release the flood gates on key codes, Hench putting alot of the fun back in the game

Swampster
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
You must not play rift, the chat is 100 times better there. I can change the window size, font size, background alpha, and much more.

Rift simply has one of the best (if not THE best) 'out of the box' UI's as far as customisation is concerned imo.. and that's before mods are considered. Plus the fact the layout can be saved and loaded from character to character is a real time saver too. The difference between UI quality these two Trion games is like Chalk and Cheese!

Arsenic_Touch
05-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Rift simply has one of the best (if not THE best) 'out of the box' UI's as far as customisation is concerned imo.. and that's before mods are considered. Plus the fact the layout can be saved and loaded from character to character is a real time saver too. The difference between UI quality these two Trion games is like Chalk and Cheese!

They still need to work on their user made UI system, but other than that you are right. How they managed to do so badly with the chat system on defiance after what they gave us with Rift.... it makes my head hurt trying to wrap my mind around that. It does not compute.

Rumbleskin
05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
They still need to work on their user made UI system, but other than that you are right. How they managed to do so badly with the chat system on defiance after what they gave us with Rift.... it makes my head hurt trying to wrap my mind around that. It does not compute.

This is gonna sound f'ed up but i think the defiance team rides the little yellow bus to work

Nis085
05-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Why would Emergencies grant two key codes when there's dozens upon dozens of them littered across the map?

That doesn't make any sense.

Rumbleskin
05-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Why would Emergencies grant two key codes when there's dozens upon dozens of them littered across the map?

That doesn't make any sense.
I answered this alread " Your miss the point, If they sold salvage instead of t4 box's then they can release the flood gates on key codes, Hench putting alot of the fun back in the game"