PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Rifles and Head shots

Ceasadh
05-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Hello all I have been experiencing a small glitch I believe with sniper rifles I have tested several types with all the same result I have as every sniper dose head shots on Mobs I can see the damage go off but they stay at full health I can shoot them in other places and get damage but I can not get the crit head shot damage to go off... I have tested it in PVP also the head shots still work on PC's I do hope that it can be fixed soon because I do miss My head explosions :P

Antimony
05-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Yes, same here.

And that's not just a "small" glitch, but essentially a bug that makes sniper rifles useless! :p

Nevermore
05-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Had the same problem today. The damage indicator popped up but his health didn't go down no matter how many times I shot him. Seemed like the problem would come and go.

Ceasadh
05-24-2013, 08:54 PM
well it is good that it isnt just Me ... well not good but ya know I thought I was going a bit coo coo

Decrypted
05-24-2013, 10:12 PM
I have the same issue, 4000+ crit and no damaged removed, does fine with non-crits, please fix. Very damn annoying and are losing XP boost. My weapon is Orange VOT Bolter.

Decrypted
05-24-2013, 10:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLFdhL5CcAAu-Ft.jpg:large

Decrypted
05-24-2013, 11:58 PM
No mod is affecting this issue, I just tried with and without mods on both the blue meteor bolter and vot bolter, damage still returning 0 on crits, sledge you need to add this to your list of issues being worked on, this was fine before patch. Anyone want an Orange Big Boomer, me and my paid boosts are about done here.

Ceasadh
05-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Ok.... I am having the same issues again looking at the sniper rifles it is the VBI sniper rifles I am having issues with ....I have an epic one and a blue one now I am having issues with

Thos Vaclav
05-26-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm having the same issue.

The problem just appeared today without warning.

I suddenly stopped dealing damage from head shots with my Voltan Bolter. :mad:

Thos Vaclav
05-26-2013, 04:54 PM
I unequipped the Gunslinger Perk and the problem is resolved.

It appears to be a known issue amongst the community. :o

who_er
05-26-2013, 06:47 PM
I've never had a problem using snipers and i've never used the gun slinger perk, so i have no idea why people are experiencing this.

Klaumbaz
05-27-2013, 02:51 PM
i unequipped all perks, and headshots still not registering.

TimeViewer
05-27-2013, 07:06 PM
try aiming at the neck, not the head, for some guns this seems to work better. Also if you're using the semi auto snipers you're not going to be getting 1 shot 1 kill, bolt actions however you will

Klaumbaz
05-27-2013, 08:00 PM
try aiming at the neck, not the head, for some guns this seems to work better. Also if you're using the semi auto snipers you're not going to be getting 1 shot 1 kill, bolt actions however you will

We're all talking about bolt action single shots. it's a bug that crept in. Pay attention.

TimeViewer
05-27-2013, 10:08 PM
We're all talking about bolt action single shots. it's a bug that crept in. Pay attention.

I am paying attention, I've been having no problems with bolt actions and just offering some advice, so shove the tude

Klaumbaz
05-27-2013, 10:21 PM
It helps if you understand it's a bug. some are seeing it, some are not.

My tried and true bolt action has the bug.

The new one i picked up does not.

It doesn't matter where you "aim". if you got the bug, your crits will not actually land.

TimeViewer
05-28-2013, 12:02 AM
I do understand what a bug is, the problem is in finding out how to make it repeatable if it is a bug. If only some have it then it has to lie with something you have or are doing. If it's not the perk then you have to narrow it down further. I'd start with what exact bolt action sniper rifle are each of you using, what, if any, boosts are listed on it, what grade is it, what ego rank is it.

If nothing above can narrow this down then it has to be something you are or aren't doing, I'm not saying that you can't shoot, but it has to be narrowed down and made repeatable or they can't find the problem to fix it.

Here's 3 of my sniper rifles I've worked with today, I practice my sniping in downtown San Fran and the only one that hasn't been a 100% head popper is the derailer. Sometimes it does other times it takes 2 - 3 if they're moving. Which guns are you using?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/TimeViewer/Steam%20Games/Defiance/Snipers_zpsb9f5a8c9.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/TimeViewer/media/Steam%20Games/Defiance/Snipers_zpsb9f5a8c9.jpg.html)

tabularasa
05-28-2013, 04:14 AM
LOL. Have noticed this bug on certain mobs. While interesting and ever so slightly annoying, a grenade seems to kill those problem mobs just fine. My advice is to just move on to the next group or if a simple bullet does nothing, use explosives.

Fiabundem
05-29-2013, 09:13 AM
yup having the same problem. on every sniper-rifle. pretty annoying. did the un equip perk solution, but it didnt work.

Quatermass
05-29-2013, 09:48 AM
This is not a Perk issue.
My snpers are borked, all of them.
They worked fine up untill the may 25th nerf and since then they do not work.
I don't even have gunslinger unlocked so if this was a Perk Issue then I would not have the issue.

Now snipers are in the useless pile with Spanner, One-Shot Rockets and ultra slow revolvers.....

angryglock
05-29-2013, 01:11 PM
This problem started for one of my rifles once it was maxed XP. VBI Sniper Rifle (epic). My other VBIs don't have the problem. I'd try resetting the xp but I don't have the resources at the moment. I tested other solutions including resetting my perks to 0. I never had the Gunslinger perk to begin with. I really think this has something to do with the max XP. I happened to notice I maxed it then the head shot problem started at the very same time. Body shots do damage.

Maybe it has to do with the random bonus you get from maxing the XP?

http://tp1.idxzoom.com/2013-05-29_00001.jpg

TheDoktor
05-29-2013, 05:49 PM
ive just recently come across this bug and narrowed it down to the perk gunslinger

eqip this perk with bolt actions and the mob take no dmg when a crit hs

u dmg when hittin none crit dmg shots

remove this perk and boom 1 shot hs on mobs

Leummas
05-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Got that too, plus the semi-auto ammo seems to deplete to 10 when you switch weapons.

angryglock
05-30-2013, 07:07 AM
The bonus I got on my rifle is the same bonus as the gunslinger perk. So I'm guessing it's that application of that buff that causes the problem.

angryglock
05-30-2013, 06:25 PM
I do understand what a bug is, the problem is in finding out how to make it repeatable if it is a bug. If only some have it then it has to lie with something you have or are doing. If it's not the perk then you have to narrow it down further. I'd start with what exact bolt action sniper rifle are each of you using, what, if any, boosts are listed on it, what grade is it, what ego rank is it.

If nothing above can narrow this down then it has to be something you are or aren't doing, I'm not saying that you can't shoot, but it has to be narrowed down and made repeatable or they can't find the problem to fix it.

Here's 3 of my sniper rifles I've worked with today, I practice my sniping in downtown San Fran and the only one that hasn't been a 100% head popper is the derailer. Sometimes it does other times it takes 2 - 3 if they're moving. Which guns are you using?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/TimeViewer/Steam%20Games/Defiance/Snipers_zpsb9f5a8c9.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/TimeViewer/media/Steam%20Games/Defiance/Snipers_zpsb9f5a8c9.jpg.html)

None of your snipers have the +10% bonus crit for hipshooting. That's the same bonus from Gunslinger but it's given at random when you level your sniper. This is my only sniper that demonstrates the problem and it's the only one with that bonus. I don't have Gunslinger unlocked. It happens on every mob on every headshot if the headshot would result in a crit. I will test it on things that have crit zones but not heads just for fun. I'll also try and get a hipshot headshot (that's fun to say) and see if it works.

angryglock
05-30-2013, 06:27 PM
ive just recently come across this bug and narrowed it down to the perk gunslinger

eqip this perk with bolt actions and the mob take no dmg when a crit hs

u dmg when hittin none crit dmg shots

remove this perk and boom 1 shot hs on mobs

As I posted above it also happens if you get the Gunslinger effect as a random bonus on a fully leveled Bolt Sniper.

Shadestryke
05-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Well, I just got this glitch after maxing out my sniper rifle. The bonus I got was +5% crit mult from the hip, which is the same bonus you get from Gunslinger. Evidently this glitch is caused by this bonus, so if you see this on a weapon I would avoid it like the Irath Plague... ;)

Edit: well, for some reason the last few posts didn't load for me so this isn't the new info I thought it was...

TimeViewer
05-31-2013, 02:05 PM
I can't say for certain but I see some of you have tried unequipping a perk then testing, have you tried unequipping all perks, exit the game, reenter then try again. Also make sure that they're unequipped from ALL loadouts.

The reason for the exit/reenter is that sometimes things seem to get stuck, I would do a full exit too not just a logout to char select.

@angryglok some here are also posting that all of their sniper rifles have the glitch, I doubt that every one of them have the same maxed perk but it's good to post all weapons it's happening with. Different people may be getting similar glitches for different reasons.

angryglock
05-31-2013, 02:58 PM
I can't say for certain but I see some of you have tried unequipping a perk then testing, have you tried unequipping all perks, exit the game, reenter then try again. Also make sure that they're unequipped from ALL loadouts.

The reason for the exit/reenter is that sometimes things seem to get stuck, I would do a full exit too not just a logout to char select.

@angryglok some here are also posting that all of their sniper rifles have the glitch, I doubt that every one of them have the same maxed perk but it's good to post all weapons it's happening with. Different people may be getting similar glitches for different reasons.

So far I've maxed 4 bolt actions and only one got the Gunslinger as the bonus perk and it's the only one with the problem. I'll keep testing and post any new ones that have it. I reported it to Trion since it's so specific and demonstrable but alas no response to my ticket.

Agonni
06-04-2013, 05:52 PM
I have this same issue still as of today. I have the bonus on my sniper that gives %crit bonus from the hip.

angryglock
06-05-2013, 09:55 AM
I still have this problem on my sniper and my ticket goes unaddressed. I did test it and I do get damage when I head-shot a mob from the hip and the +10% crit from hip-shots (the leveling bonus I received) is applied.

When in ADS I get the numbers and no damage. The problem is not intermittent it is repeatable and seems to me that this fact would make it a rather simple matter for a dev to look at. As I posted earlier I don't have Gunslinger and I am using the default scope on the rifle. This will boil down to a problem with the hip-shot buff no matter if it comes from Gunslinger or as a weapon bonus on bolt-actions.

crasher
06-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Happens on random boltactions for me.

- I'm not near good enough to have lvled any single one.

- I only just got gunslinger 3 days ago, and this has been an issue for about a week/10 days that I've noticed doing DM roadblocks.

- None of my snipers has any sort of 'hip-shot' bonus.