PDA

View Full Version : The new UI elements are a step in the right direction

Chemikz
05-24-2013, 08:29 PM
World map location names, time and date display, equipped items and what loadout they belong to in the salvage matrix, the quick logout from the radial menu and being able to see player names above their heads when hovering your reticule over them.

They may be overlooked as they're not 'features' or systems but the little things really do add up. These sort of additions have been needed and Defiance is starting to look and feel a lot more polished for them.

I'd still like to see a few more UI additions, but this is certainly a step in the right direction. Here's a few just to get the thread started.

A UI element above the chat box to display clan names 'appearing' when they speak in voice chat.
EGO Grid zoomed out slightly so we can see more of it when browsing through it.
Faster scrolling for item lists and chat windows.
Being able to emote/call out when down on the ground after dying.
Ark Salvage being displayed on the currency UI beside Scrip bits and keys. Perhaps downsizing the font sizes to compensate.
An option to toggle friend/clan member locations on the world map.
Pulldown menus within the inventory system for each item category/sub category. For example Shotgun > Sawed-Off > [All sawed-off shotguns are displayed.] All minimized by default. Easier inventory navigation.
Being able to tag items for salvage and break them all down into salvage at once.
Being able to buy more than one keycode at a time/other stackable items.

What little additions to the overall polish of the game would you like to see? What are your thoughts on the current changes, step in the right direction or unnecessary?

Chemikz
05-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Posted this at 4am... Stupid me.

LALLY
05-25-2013, 06:43 AM
Posted this at 4am... Stupid me.

lol.....I think they are all great ideas, I agree about all the little improvements being a step in the right direction, I think the patch has really improved the game a lot.

LtRobbiesan
05-25-2013, 08:10 AM
+1 Nicely put OP. I like those suggestions.

The map update is awesome. I also like the date/time addition for those of us who get caught up playing and are reminded to take a break. :) Also, the addition of a fast travel point in Mount Tam is very welcome.

Also, they tweaks to the UI in terms of speed are nice. Before the recent patch I found the menu and salvaging to go a bit slow, but this seems to have been tweaked for faster performance.

The arkfall bugs (ie where's the crystal?) still need to be fixed, but all in all I think Trion did some good things with this patch.

Iceberg
05-25-2013, 09:29 AM
I agree, overall it was a good patch.

KjcKiesh
05-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Yea I do agree elements of this patch worked well, such as the ones you have written, plus also changes to arkfall loot and changing the name colours of the different lockboxes. Also I'm not sure if it's just me, but have the graphics improved a little? (I play Xbox so I can't say the same for all platforms)
And you've got some good suggestions as well =D

Chemikz
05-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Yea I do agree elements of this patch worked well, such as the ones you have written, plus also changes to arkfall loot and changing the name colours of the different lockboxes. Also I'm not sure if it's just me, but have the graphics improved a little? (I play Xbox so I can't say the same for all platforms)
And you've got some good suggestions as well =D

Yeah they did improve some performance issues on xbox, but nicely spotted. Just saw what you mean by the lockbox quality colours.

Iceberg
05-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Which begs the question then, do you need to buy T4's now to get a chance at an orange? Or can the T3's still give those out?

Chemikz
05-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Which begs the question then, do you need to buy T4's now to get a chance at an orange? Or can the T3's still give those out?

Good question. We'll have to just keep trying. I'm sure someone will eventually post their findings on the forum.

Though I'd assume Trion would have the decency to add something like lockbox drop rate chances increasing/decreasing in the patch notes!