PDA

View Full Version : Two issue with new dodge challenge

vasdrakken
05-24-2013, 09:40 PM
One the dynamic content is ruining this race, you have to run a perfect race to get any reward and only those lucky enough not have a road block spawn during there race will get it. The second issue is when there are other dodges running the race the steer lags out and glitches. I understand the ground is effecting your path but I followed the same path roughly ten times and only had issues when I goofed and misjudged something or when dodge was near. One run I was set to get a bloody gold and someone running the first lap goes by and suddenly I'm halfway up the side of cliff!

The time trials need to be instanced and the dynamic events turned off for the races. Give us all an equal chance to win.

AxionXD
05-25-2013, 12:10 AM
I agree, the emergency instances have been making it a pain, lucky someone broke up one that was a major road block.

Since I didn't want to make a new thread about this, I got the Gold on the race but didn't get the Challenger reward. Shouldn't have been given to me right after the race as a reward? If so, it's glitched and I didn't get my Challenger reward...

I even have the "Earn a gold medal...." contract marked completed, but still no Challenger. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

SirenXp
05-25-2013, 12:23 AM
You have to buy it from the pro race (I think their called) vendors

Opetyr
05-25-2013, 02:04 AM
25k scrip and i believe 200 reputation.

Finaldeath
05-25-2013, 03:29 AM
Had the same issue here, had at least 4 or 5 events pop up in the middle of the track, 1 of them that was about a third of the way in had guys shooting rockets blowing up my vehicle every time i got to the spot making it impossible to drive past them. I gave up after 2 attempts doing it because it is so long and didn't want to waste more time just to lose again because of the events. If the events weren't there it would have been cake.

AxionXD
05-25-2013, 04:24 PM
You have to buy it from the pro race (I think their called) vendors

Where is that? I checked the Dodge Challenger Vendor, still only has the standard 3 Challengers. So after you get gold on the race, you have to find a pro race vendor to buy the Challenger you were suppose to have won?

Whippersnapper
05-25-2013, 04:28 PM
I will help. It's also a chance for others to help.
Whats the Dodge race called?

I'm not after the Dodges so I can go to the race location, start it to find the instances and get killin'.
Others can do the same. I'm always after farming & killing spots anyway. If they're going to spawn these more to hinder players, that's where ill be.

M1A2 Punisher
05-25-2013, 04:31 PM
It depends on your reputation points
What is it 100 paradise rep points for each challenger
The store is lik 10 feet away from the challenge

Just noticed this was a pc post.....but wouldn't it be the same either way no matter what?

Arsenic_Touch
05-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Where is that? I checked the Dodge Challenger Vendor, still only has the standard 3 Challengers. So after you get gold on the race, you have to find a pro race vendor to buy the Challenger you were suppose to have won?

You don't win a car for the race.... the race doesn't do anything but give you rep that can be used to purchase one of the 3 cars from the vendor.

Obderiath
05-25-2013, 05:11 PM
In one lap I counted nine seperate instances and/or emergencies. After a couple tries, I cocked my eyebrow up and said, "Well, I'm willing to quit now!"

Iceberg
05-25-2013, 05:14 PM
3 race attempts, finally stopped cleared out all the instances myself, started my 4th. By the second lap with 15 seconds to go before the finish another one spawns right in the middle of the road, my car hits a few mobs and blows up. FML.

mbergeron
05-25-2013, 05:18 PM
I agree, the emergency instances have been making it a pain, lucky someone broke up one that was a major road block.

Since I didn't want to make a new thread about this, I got the Gold on the race but didn't get the Challenger reward. Shouldn't have been given to me right after the race as a reward? If so, it's glitched and I didn't get my Challenger reward...

I even have the "Earn a gold medal...." contract marked completed, but still no Challenger. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

The only reward you get is paradise reputation money to go and spend at the special challenger vendor.

Whippersnapper
05-25-2013, 05:24 PM
i raced it twice just now and 3 aborted attempts on instances. Some instances are easy to avoided so I left those. In my 2 runs I think instances caused me grief a few times, but I failed with 5:55 and 6:11 mostly because of my bad driving.

I aborted 3 attempts to kill instances. It seems there are around 4-5 instances that can cause problems. I think they do it because they anticipated what I just proposed: People going to the Dodge challenge to camp mobs. They don't want rapidly respawning mobs for easy camping so they make many instances instead.

This can still be countered though if people come to it like an arkfall.

IIXxEViLxXII
05-25-2013, 06:12 PM
I've been trying to clear the path for everyone all day, hope I am helping some out.

Edit: guess this is pc. Wrong platform sorry

Sleivin
05-25-2013, 08:25 PM
**** you Trion for the stupids events on the middle of the road who block the path or destroy the dodge.... Thx really ! Already paid for the next 5 DLC can't wait to see what is the next surprise...

alred
05-25-2013, 08:54 PM
I tried the race few times. Between emergencies that spawned and a Monarch, I had no chance in hell.

Though the monarch was "funny" best at least 3 other Challengers got "destroyed" along with mine.

One of the stupid emergence, my car went over a hill and got hung up on top of a raider truck. Of course I had to bail out, and the race failed.

EdgeTW
05-25-2013, 09:43 PM
At the risk of getting flamed, I don't really understand the hate for the emergencies. I just see them (roadblocks and all) as part of the challenge of the course. Anyone can hold down the boost key and do two laps around a track. Dodging and weaving through all those emergencies and managing the vehicle's health are the more exciting moments in these races.

If one of those traffic hazards is really giving you problems, do what you can't do in real life: get out of the car and blow it to kingdom come with all those weapons you're hauling around.

Ensu
05-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Went round the race track for my first run and only got a silver, so I smashed some of the roadblock events to clear my path. Then I did it again and got gold despite being spun round a couple times and running through three truck-on-the-road events. In short, you have the tools to make that race easier for yourself. Or leave the events there to increase the challenge (and the fun?).

n00n3r
05-26-2013, 04:21 PM
My main problem with this, and most of the other time trials, is a slow response rate on the progress markers. Many times it will take a good couple seconds to change blue, and if you manage to make it through another marker before the server catches up, it will never change.

Maybe it's just the server being taxed to hell due to the free steam weekend.

Iceberg
05-26-2013, 05:38 PM
At the risk of getting flamed, I don't really understand the hate for the emergencies. I just see them (roadblocks and all) as part of the challenge of the course. Anyone can hold down the boost key and do two laps around a track. Dodging and weaving through all those emergencies and managing the vehicle's health are the more exciting moments in these races.

If one of those traffic hazards is really giving you problems, do what you can't do in real life: get out of the car and blow it to kingdom come with all those weapons you're hauling around.

You can't dodge something that loads up right in front of you instantly. It takes the part of skill for dodging out of the equation and adds randomness to it which is the mother of all sins.

Ryme
05-26-2013, 06:18 PM
I would like to request that they make time trial vehicles indestructable and deal 0 collision damage. At least then you can try to drive around or through the emergencies.

Ensu
05-26-2013, 07:43 PM
You can't dodge something that loads up right in front of you instantly. It takes the part of skill for dodging out of the equation and adds randomness to it which is the mother of all sins.

All the emergencies (trucks, turrets, etc.) are rendered in plenty of time for me to adjust my course. This may be a hardware issue.

Iceberg
05-27-2013, 02:07 AM
All the emergencies (trucks, turrets, etc.) are rendered in plenty of time for me to adjust my course. This may be a hardware issue.

Not talking about draw distance or rendering, there are a few random times were you are at the wrong place at the right time with an emergency loading up right in front of your vehicle.