PDA

View Full Version : Exploding vehicles when hitting monarch...

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Let us do a little physics Trion...a 2 ton vehicle is going 80 miles an hour down a dirt road to do your flipping impossible schtako races...said 2 ton vehicle hits monarch in the big friggin toe...does the vehicle a. destroy the tiny toe and rip off this critters leg...or b. explode.

Whoever thought this was a good damn idea should get fired immediately. What kind of genius says KNOW. LETS MAKE THE CARS EXPLODE WHEN THEY HIT SOMETHING THAT CAN RANDOMLY APPEAR ON OUR RACE TRACKS...HURRRRR DURRRR. Was really loving this game til this raging schtako. Simple physics guys. It makes no sense. And vehicles should take more damage not less. Gimme a damn break guys. :mad:

Unsent Soul
05-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Read the patch notes..... Obviously this was an issue.... So it was dealt with.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Obviously it is a bigger issue to have things roaming the countryside and reproducing right in the center of race tracks that can arbitrarily explode your car than a few babies crying about people riding around in arkfalls. This is actually a problem. Instead of fixing the ******* races adding four seconds to your time glitch they pull some schtako like this. One hit? Effing stupid and shortsighted.

A s0t
05-25-2013, 12:38 AM
well if the community wasn't doing car falls we wouldn't have this problem

Unsent Soul
05-25-2013, 01:25 AM
Obviously it is a bigger issue to have things roaming the countryside and reproducing right in the center of race tracks that can arbitrarily explode your car than a few babies crying about people riding around in arkfalls. This is actually a problem. Instead of fixing the ******* races adding four seconds to your time glitch they pull some schtako like this. One hit? Effing stupid and shortsighted.

Obviously you can't drive a car/quad.... Those races are extremely easy to get gold on. It seems like all you wanna do I QQ instead of persevere..... Enjoy your stay borderlands hero.

Brodaki
05-25-2013, 01:37 AM
well if the community wasn't doing car falls we wouldn't have this problem

I dont really get this, I've never seen a ark fall fail from people driving around, and after the first week we didnt need the skitterling to destroy the crystal anymore. Im not saying I was cheering them on, as having your ammo kill cherry picked by a car was mildly annoying, but not game breaking. I just think that as a community we gave them plenty of ideas on how to deal with this: adding the busted up walls to the ark falls, adding a count down despawner (incase your just driving through), not allowing cars in ark falls at all (phasing races), or my personal favorite not get any credit for anything you kill with your car (No xp, no scrip, no counting towards your pursuits). But instead we get the lazy mans fix, the nerf, and now I have to set up and use a load out (full of perks Im forced to use now) just to drive down the street without being blown up by the monarch that doesnt load in. But thats just my 2 cents, happy hunting guys.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Obviously your reply is pedantic and lacking in merit. I have a true problem and your reply is that I can not drive...riveting in your insight you are. Please enlighten me good sir. How does one avoid and drive better when there is a monarch right in between two vehicles that you must drive between in order to get 5.00 minutes? That is right. You got no answer because it is a garbage thing to have to ask to begin with. This is broken and something exploding when it touches something went out of style with the NES. So thanks for your valuable two quid and I am being generous. Rofl...persevere. You apologist swine.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 01:43 AM
Thank you Brodaki and kind and reasoned response. Not this troglodytic drivel spewing from the cake hole of unsent soul. Buuuhh you have a problem with a technical issue you must be unskilled unlike me and mah gawdlyness imagonnaflexmahepeeeeeen. Cool story unsent. Glad to know I am not alone. I love this game but part of what makes it great is the vehicles...the weakened states are unacceptable. It is bs to get one shotted by knicking a beast and it is ridic that running over five squishy humans makes my car about to explode. You best not show that commercial anymore with the running over of things because it has become false advertisement.

Unsent Soul
05-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Obviously your reply is pedantic and lacking in merit. I have a true problem and your reply is that I can not drive...riveting in your insight you are. Please enlighten me good sir. How does one avoid and drive better when there is a monarch right in between two vehicles that you must drive between in order to get 5.00 minutes? That is right. You got no answer because it is a garbage thing to have to ask to begin with. This is broken and something exploding when it touches something went out of style with the NES. So thanks for your valuable two quid and I am being generous. Rofl...persevere. You apologist swine.

Um... Lets see...... I scored gold in 9 races back to back( with quads at level 20) one night after my buddy got offline. Ill admit, I was drunk so I continued to go on after my goal, which was just 2 gold races. I walked away that night with a gold in every race. The only issue I had was with the 1st race when come into San Fran, there was a dark matter spawned emergency in my path everytime. So I completed the emergency after trying it w/o doing the emergency 3-4 times. All it takes is patience and perseverance. If I can do it, I'm sure you can champ!

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 01:46 AM
Wow...just...wow. I am sure you are just as open and reasoned with every other topic as you are with this one. I prostrate myself before your infinite skills and l33tness. I wish I could be like you when I grow up and not just some terribad who can not race. Golly I suck.

CHARL13 SH3EN
05-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Obviously you can't drive a car/quad.... Those races are extremely easy to get gold on. It seems like all you wanna do I QQ instead of persevere..... Enjoy your stay borderlands hero.

Angry jabberwocky much.

Brodaki
05-25-2013, 01:50 AM
there was a dark matter spawned emergency in my path everytime. So I completed the emergency after trying it w/o doing the emergency 3-4 times.

Man **** that emergency lol, every time I cleared it out it would respawn by the time I got the race started. Ended up having to learn to bounce off the bulwark to fly over the damn trucks, made finally getting that last gold totally worth it. But still, I think reducing the car hp is a weak move. Case in point, the nomad. The only reason to use that truck is because it has higher ram damage, now it might as well be a slow quad.

Tango80
05-25-2013, 02:03 AM
Man **** that emergency lol, every time I cleared it out it would respawn by the time I got the race started. Ended up having to learn to bounce off the bulwark to fly over the damn trucks, made finally getting that last gold totally worth it. But still, I think reducing the car hp is a weak move. Case in point, the nomad. The only reason to use that truck is because it has higher ram damage, now it might as well be a slow quad.

You have to blame the Arkfall drivers they caused this now everyone has to deal with their inconsiderateness.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 02:06 AM
I already replied to you in vehicle fail but I shal say it here too. punitive actions and punishments that adversely affect one single innocent person are worse than the initial transgression. i would gladly put up with chuckleheads in arkfalls than deal with these pukestring vehicles flying apart when stuff looks at it wrong.

Brodaki
05-25-2013, 02:10 AM
You have to blame the Arkfall drivers they caused this now everyone has to deal with their inconsiderateness.

lol No I dont, I have to blame Trion for not having the forethought to know people will alway try to do it the easy way, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to now that. Sadly this solves nothing, they are still driving around ark falls. The only difference now is they have to hop out a little sooner to recall the car, nothing at the ark falls has changed.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 02:16 AM
lol No I dont, I have to blame Trion for not having the forethought to know people will alway try to do it the easy way, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to now that. Sadly this solves nothing, they are still driving around ark falls. The only difference now is they have to hop out a little sooner to recall the car, nothing at the ark falls has changed.

Exactly and players that were not even bothered by that to begin with now have something to be bothered by with thse paper mache cars. Makes very little sense.

Tango80
05-25-2013, 02:20 AM

And expect more vehicle nerfs until we are driving in a aluminum foil car that explodes when we hit a skitterling.

Now we are talking about programmers here some might be very good at what they do but might have no common sense.
Who wouldn't want to use a 2ton vehicle going 80mph as a weapon when there are no consequences?

But we gotta live with what they have done and I know their intentions were for people to not be using vehicles for arkfalls. But then again sometime you can't think of all the possibilities that might happen.

Easier for them to adjust then to introduce new code that might fubar the game completely.
It would be easier if they introduced new code to a PTS to see if it would work or not but since they don't have a PTS we get what we get.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 02:29 AM
I do not see the real problem with vehicles for arkfalls...hello...Spirit Riders? They use em for arkfalls...I seen it.

OuttaQuarters
05-25-2013, 03:11 AM
Omfg increase draw distance

Turantula
05-25-2013, 03:30 AM
Just out of question have you tried just beating the emergency and then going back to the race? I know the dodge races are extra long and not sure if it will spawn again before you finish, but may be worth a try to attempt. Anywho hope your luck gets better in the future :)

Yun
05-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Pretty sure running into a Monarch was always an insta-destroy on vehicles even before the patches as it always happened to me when I got unlucky enough to run into one.

Also if you believe a vehicle should destroy a Monarch rather than a Monarch total a vehicle go find a Rhino or an Elephant probably something akin to the size/weight of said Hellbug variant and Ram your actual vehicle into it and see if you manage to drive away or total said vehicle.

Maximilion
05-25-2013, 07:26 AM
I agree with the OP, certainly with regards to the Dodge Challenge races. In a quad you can avoid most obstacles but it's no so easy in the Challenger, especially when you are funnelled into a narrow space and a Monarch spawns in front of you. I didn't even hit a Monarch but my car still exploded because I was near it - I find this ridiculous and really annoying, it happened to me numerous times - hellbug warriors also write-off your car.

Here's the proof that I didn't hit the Monarch too:

http://blog.lyonsden.net/2013/05/25/defiance-dont-you-just-hate-it-when/

Never understood why people whine so much about the arkfall drivers - it's not that big a deal. This, to me at least, is a far more annoying problem. If you hit a monarch full-on then fair play, your car should be written off. But a glancing blow, or just close by? No fricking way. :mad:

Brondar Donyk
05-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Let us do a little physics Trion...a 2 ton vehicle is going 80 miles an hour down a dirt road to do your flipping impossible schtako races...said 2 ton vehicle hits monarch in the big friggin toe...does the vehicle a. destroy the tiny toe and rip off this critters leg...or b. explode.

Whoever thought this was a good damn idea should get fired immediately. What kind of genius says KNOW. LETS MAKE THE CARS EXPLODE WHEN THEY HIT SOMETHING THAT CAN RANDOMLY APPEAR ON OUR RACE TRACKS...HURRRRR DURRRR. Was really loving this game til this raging schtako. Simple physics guys. It makes no sense. And vehicles should take more damage not less. Gimme a damn break guys. :mad:

Poorly worded and expressed, though I know and understand and sympathize, yes yes. Yesterday, I was doing the dodge challenge...1 minute in, a kill-the-monarch emergency popped in the middle of the next checkpoint, and I (and 2 others, in fact) ran full bore into the monarch, obviously screwing over our chances to beat the challenge. If it hasn't been fixed already, it should be, but your unintelligent, non-constructive, raging rant doesn't help anything or anyone.

froman
05-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Really a great idea, that is lightning destroying a vehicle that passes within a preset proximity of a crystal. this would help reduce those people who park the big hauler trucks alongside the crystal, and those who use the crystal as a parking bumper when they arrive at arkfall(at least their vehicle will disappear shortly). While still allowing players to drive around the arkfall and get kills (sometimes helpful when you are at an arkfall alone).

And this allows other players passing thru the arkfall area to continue on their way(unless they pass to close to to a crystal). This would definitely require more skill while driving in close proximity to crystal, and players would just wait the normal time necessary for a destroyed vehicle to be able to respawn a new one.

I definitely believe this is fair to all drivers and shooters, and makes driving around arkfalls a challenge.

BTW: I think this should be in effect for all cyrstals, including major arkfall proginator events(with multiple crystals).

This is the first time I have seen this suggested, so if you suggested in a prior post, then let me say you had a great idea.

Now what to do with those grenade launchers and rocket launchers... lol

The quote above was posted in another thread...

This would have been a much more effective way to manage the arkfall/driver issue, but I agree that making the vehicles weaker was a very poor and short sighted fix. Vehicles should be tough enough to survive a single collision with a monarch or several smaller enemies, not necessarily for arkfall combat, but definitely for efficiently navigating around the world map.

I had an emergency pop up in the road and the unavoidable monarch wiped me out, this is a inconvenience at best.

BTW; I have had several arkfalls fail, this has been due arriving late in the arkfall event and made worse by drivers killing the skitterlings(the arkfall could have been completed if the skitterling could have bitten the crystal). But my biggest problem as of late, has been the arkfall glitching so the timer runs out before the arkfall can advance to the final boss, though the minor crystal has been destroyed.

BootLeg
05-25-2013, 08:23 AM

WAIT THIS GAME IS NOT BASED ON REAL LIFE............EFF YOU TRION I AM TRADING THIS CRAP IN......Be serious OP cry about game breaking problems SHEEESH

Proverbs2720
05-25-2013, 08:33 AM
"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1. Conversations are more productive without the side comments, insults, and ***** measuring. It is just a game and should not be taken all too seriously. A kind request to a problem will usually be met with a thoughtful reply.

Defenze
05-25-2013, 09:29 AM
"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1. Conversations are more productive without the side comments, insults, and ***** measuring. It is just a game and should not be taken all too seriously. A kind request to a problem will usually be met with a thoughtful reply.

What he said ^

mikepaul
05-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Pretty sure running into a Monarch was always an insta-destroy on vehicles even before the patches as it always happened to me when I got unlucky enough to run into one.
I used to push Monarchs around with my Duni. Never destroyed my car.

Now, if I scream up to an arkfall with barriers around it, like a Raider one, and hit the barrier, BOOM. Not sure I get a BOOM when driving down the road and find such a barrier. I do know that too many skitterlings on the road leads to the flashing red damage report.

All-in-all, the idea to disintegrate all vehicles as they entered an actual arkfall battle area seemed a lot better than making vehicles incredibly flimsy. It must have been cheaper to program this fix...

mambonutz
05-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Gimme a damn break guys. :mad:

Did you never see what a small deer does to your windshield when you hit it with a car?
It's possible...lol

mbergeron
05-25-2013, 10:51 AM
It is just the luck of the draw when it comes to what emergency spawn as you drive through sand the monarch is the only one that will cause a car explosion on first hit. It was a huge problem during arkfalls and needed a change. Just have to keep trying the race and do your best to dodge during it.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh I am very sorry guys. first let me apologize for using a tiny keyboard and having large fingers. Many apologies. Second allow me to apologize for doing that race for three and a half hours many times getting through the finish in 4.58 but it telling me I got through at 5.02...so yeah. Then making it mostly through the race to find an impenetrable monarch sitting in the way. I hate to use it as an example but at least in Borderlands when you crash into a giant bug it just knocks its legs out from under it and damages your vehicle. So I am sorry this game has crap physics. Clearly it is all my problem. I am so very sorry for the developers shortsightedness. I am so very sorry I expect a vehicle they are saying lasted 30 years of post apocalyptic warfare to be durable and not explode when you knick the big toe of a chitinous creature. I am so sorry I expect a modicum of realism from a real world vehicle they are plugging. I am sorry I know how durable demolision cars truly are. I am so truly sorry. A million true apologies habib. Please accept my apologies on the behalf of the nubian skygods and 100milion apologies to all of you. I wil endeavour to suck less and will attempt to adapt to a loaded deck and piss poor programming. I am so so so so very truly sorry. Me. I am the one who is sorry. Me. I sincerely hope you all find this articulate enough for your fascist grammar pricks and be kind to ignorant dev apologists. I bet all of you tearing me down had all the angry ugly crap in the world to say against people enjoying the game they bought and doing donuts in arkfalls but by god I get furious at having wasted almost four hours at a loaded race I.E the Dodge time trial and it is hands across this pampered forum against me. What a hypocritic sack of schtako.

FeverFaucet
05-25-2013, 12:35 PM

No you have to blame the Cry babies crying NERF! Every damn game I get some group of loud mouthed children have to whine and get their way. As if the only way for them to play is if everyone is playing the same way. I have never lost an Arkfall because of cars and neither has anyone else. Inconsiderateness, whatever. Its more inconsiderate to demand the game be ruined then it is to play it in a way that will upset some uptight moron. Nut up and get the job done, keep your mouth shut, and stop blaming others.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 12:37 PM

I have lurked here long enough to know a gentle and thoughtful response is met with the same disdain, I am more l33t than you, hypocritical tomfoolery as I was. It does not matter the problem on any forum and how it is presented. You always have the same ballgoblins show up to go: teehee it works for me you must suck it is supposed to be hard you are in no way the victim of shoddy programming be like me.

People like that. Smdh.

tysoro
05-25-2013, 02:17 PM
I have lurked here long enough to know a gentle and thoughtful response is met with the same disdain, I am more l33t than you, hypocritical tomfoolery as I was. It does not matter the problem on any forum and how it is presented. You always have the same ballgoblins show up to go: teehee it works for me you must suck it is supposed to be hard you are in no way the victim of shoddy programming be like me.

People like that. Smdh.

you just suck instead of spending hrs typing back to people talking **** to you because u suck and cant complete these races how about u go ****ing race and try to do it instead of sitting here complaining about other people complaining and getting theyre way you are not any better then them so go ****ing enjoy the game or quit playing it simple as that if you dont like the way someone else designed the game dont play it go buy a diffrent damn game beccause no one gives a rats *** about your complant if they cared they wouldnt have done it sadly it was a change the whole community decided on. its not the comminty job to tell the devs how to change things just to let them know the issues and they will correct them how they seem fit seeing as its theyre game. theyrs lots of flaws with this game still a great game and is very playable and very completable u my friend just spend to much time on the forums *****ing instyead of playing

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 02:19 PM
A riveting response to be sure sir. I bet it really hurt feeling all that rust fly off them old cogs you call a brain. Chilling tale, chap.

Dolnor
05-25-2013, 02:28 PM
I support the fix for people using their cars/trucks to defeat hellbugs in arkfalls and other related places.

I used vehicles a lot during testing and had a great time. Once the game was released, I still used vehicles to squash skitterlings, archers, and warriors at Emergency encounters. I even used the Truck to kill hellbugs if I were the only one at an arkfall-survive-the-waves-of-hellbugs type. But I would never use vehicles if others players were also there helping.

The majority of the people complaining about the fix are the players who abused using the vehicles during arkfalls and/or player-griefing others for sh** & giggles.

Sorry TRION decided to squash your isolated fun for the good of the rest of the player base. I guess you're not special after all.

TQQdles™

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Way to assume. another brilliant mind the public education system has failed. GJ. Never grief other players. Been playing MMOs for years. Next.

tysoro
05-25-2013, 02:32 PM
yeh like i said youve been on the forums for 2 hrs now according to your forum post so exactly whats your complaint? again u cant stand the cars blowing up while playing and you cant beat the races ? i can see why now. i play maybe 2 hrs a day if im lucky. and i havnt had a single problem in the game except for server down time. u just suck. put a little more time in your games instead of your grammer and maybe u could play a little better because grammer is going to get you so far in this game g/j you can write so cool to bad u dont look cool in the black challenger so keep it up your so smart and so correct and yet yuor accomplishing what? definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting diffrent results. and your accolplishing what by *****ing ? im not wasting my time talking to u at work getting paid to laugh at your ignorance.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Rofl. Again...riveting. On the edge of my seat from your brilliance. I am at work as well. Where there is not a 360. Sounds like you need to spend more time growing a thicker skin and less time focusing on whatever it was about me that merited your perfunctory diatribe. When you get off work you might wanna swing by night school and acquire some lessons in basic english though so I do not have to struggle and strain to read your chewed glass spittle.

Turantula
05-25-2013, 02:57 PM
I empathize with the OP on his grievance, and he's entitled to do so. I'll tell you how I beat the challenge. I was racing along and I to hit the monarch. After my car exploded I stayed and defeated ssid monarch. I restarted the race, and the monarch did not appear; therefore I won the gold. Sometimes you're going to have to destroy emergencies to pass. I also did it by just slowing down and driving clear around it and the trucks; still got the gold. There's diff ways to skin a cat OP.

Singerstone
05-25-2013, 03:09 PM
what an arrogant little snit you are. pathetic and hopeless. gotta love ignore.

Cytherian
05-25-2013, 03:11 PM
I feel your pain on trying to beat the challenge and get a gold it took me the better part of the day and even with stopping to clear emergencies more simply showed up in the same spot or further down the track. I dont agree with the vehicle nerf at all. I dont know why they just cant simply code vehicles to despawn in side the radius of a arkfall node. That would solve everyones problems and leave vehicles alone for things like this. As some one who has failed a arkfall due to vehicles I understand people who complained about those as well. This is due to the simple fact vehicle kills do not drop ammo and since hellbug arkfalls have no ammo boxes it is easy for a few people driving around to prevent enough people from getting ammo drops that you can not kill the crystal in time. This issue is perhapes not as bad as some make out, but it is or atleast was there. Also as some one who has a problem with noises causing my ears to ring I hate the horns, and every moron in a car just holds down the horn while in the arkfall. Often causing me to just mute my TV till I leave the area. But the main point I would make is there were other work arounds that could have fixed this. Make veichle kills still cause drops, or Despawn vehicles inside the radius of the arkfall node. Either of those fixes would have left vehicles alone for the rest of the game.

Gonz0
05-25-2013, 03:31 PM

There are issues where people drive around arkfalls and ruin the experience for many more people. Does Trion a) fix the problem or b) let it continue?

For those who are not the OP and are not ******ed, the obvious answer is a.

born2beagator
05-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Holy walls of text batman!

MrGunn2001
05-25-2013, 04:08 PM

Dear BorderlandsWasSchtako:

I agree, time trials with hazards in the same phase are a real frustration. Yesterday, I tried three or four times to complete a race, each time there would be some random road hazard that would appear and foul me up.

First time it was some 99ers blocking the road that got in the way, no problem, I now knew they were there, so I dodge them on the next run.

During the second run, I am speeding along doing great looking at the finish line, then outta no where a Monarch runs across my path, you guess the outcome; yep, BOOM!

Finally, I am racing along minding my own business and all of a sudden a Raider road block simply appears out of thin air and I wreck, again. After being David Copperfielded by the Raider roadblock, I just gave up.

So I feel your pain.