PDA

View Full Version : Any reason to do coop now?

Sludge
05-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Now that Arkfalls give a tier 2 box every time plus key codes what reason do I have to enter a coop mission? It used to be more salvageable loot from mini bosses but that is no longer accurate.

fatoldguy
05-25-2013, 12:03 AM
Now that Arkfalls give a tier 2 box every time plus key codes what reason do I have to enter a coop mission? It used to be more salvageable loot from mini bosses but that is no longer accurate.
Nope, this game is completely single player now, as it was apparently always intended to be.

Fiox
05-25-2013, 12:06 AM

you still get salvageable loot and a weapon and 5 keycodes which depending on the map can be faster than doing a major arkfall and this game is far from single player but you keep being mad that the game doesn't meet your expectations there buddy

fatoldguy
05-25-2013, 12:08 AM
you still get salvageable loot and a weapon at the end which is usually blue and this game is far from single player but you keep being mad that the game doesn't meet your expectations there buddy
I feel sorry for anyone who the game does meet expectations for, but then with standards that low I suppose you will rarely be disappointed, so I suppose that is a plus.

Arsenic_Touch
05-25-2013, 12:08 AM
You now get a random item at the end of co-ops so yes there's a reason to do them.
And arkfalls do not give keycodes or a tier 2 box every time. Same randomized format as it was before.

Fiox
05-25-2013, 12:10 AM
I feel sorry for anyone who the game does meet expectations for, but then with standards that low I suppose you will rarely be disappointed, so I suppose that is a plus.

No my expectations just aren't unrealistic like most peoples that do nothing but complain

fatoldguy
05-25-2013, 12:11 AM
No my expectations just aren't unrealistic like most peoples that do nothing butt complain

You honestly are fine with the state of this game? Either you play consoles, or are new to PC gaming.

Fiox
05-25-2013, 12:19 AM
I know the game has problems but I have faith that about 3 months from know it will be a hell of a lot more stable than right now this is very early in a new multiplatform mmos life cycle to be thinking everything should run perfectly

RagingBombast
05-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Theres Weapon XP as well.

Or do you get those from Ark Falls now too?

Fiox
05-25-2013, 12:22 AM
I've done nothing but no life tons of mmos my whole life but where I'm at right now I'm stuck with an old pc that cant play most new mmos so I play on my ps3 which is easier than just buying a whole new pc but I've seen far far worse than how this mmo has gone so far trust me when I say they could doing one hell of a worse job.

Tango80
05-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Code an MMO
Make sure there are very little to no bugs
Test on 1000+ people all at the same time

Do it on time and on budget.
With a specific Launch date.

This day and age that isn't going to happen ever.

Hell, look at some of the single player games that have day 1 patches. Now tell me that an MMO that is supposed to work with 1000+ people at a given time is supposed to work flawlessly on day 1.

Which means No bug's, No log in issues, and No Installation issues.

Yeah I don't think so. Every game that I have, as far as i can remember, that connects in one way or another to the internet has always needed a day 1 patch. (Then again my memory isn't all that great.)

diggergig
05-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Yes, for the fun of it.

Schwa
05-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Code an MMO
Make sure there are very little to no bugs
Test on 1000+ people all at the same time

Do it on time and on budget.
With a specific Launch date.

This day and age that isn't going to happen ever.

Hell, look at some of the single player games that have day 1 patches. Now tell me that an MMO that is supposed to work with 1000+ people at a given time is supposed to work flawlessly on day 1.

Which means No bug's, No log in issues, and No Installation issues.

Yeah I don't think so. Every game that I have, as far as i can remember, that connects in one way or another to the internet has always needed a day 1 patch. (Then again my memory isn't all that great.)

Two months. Launch is no longer an excuse.

cusman
05-25-2013, 12:49 AM

The Arkfals used to give 2-items as reward before, and now they show a lockbox icon on the results screen while doing the same. The only real thing they changed is that it now gives you more variety of stuff than just Grenades or Shields.

I know Scrapworks Salvage co-op mission is also giving a random weapon award when you complete. I got a Blue Detonator and a Blue SMG on my two completions. I tried other co-op missions and so far only Scrapworks Salvage shows reward icon and also gives weapon. You don't get a pop-up, but it does end up in your inventory.

Island of Lost Soldiers seems to be continuing to award random Mod for completion, but that is not indicated on the results screen. You hear a sound and if you track your Inventory well, than you will know what just got added.

Scoleptor Excavation didn't have any award. Explosions 101 glitched the one time I tried today. I imagine Commander Cronkite must have some completion bonus as well since it is one of the hardest.

You will get lot more loot drops in Co-Op than you will earn through Arkfal completions. Better for earning Weapon XP and other such benefits. Plus more fun than Arkfals :)

Valanga
05-25-2013, 12:49 AM
You honestly are fine with the state of this game? Either you play consoles, or are new to PC gaming.

Or maybe he played mmos instead of CoD...

Two months. Launch is no longer an excuse.

Lol if you go in the Guild Wars 2 forum, people will reply you "but the game is still new! Only nine months old!"
Don't get me wrong, i agree with you, but still i find it funny the differences between one community and another

Tango80
05-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Yeah but when you still have to isolate bugs then crush them.
Test the work around.
Then deploy the work around.
Then hope the work around doesn't bork crap up.
If it does then you have to go back to the drawing board and find out where in the code the crap is happening.
Then repeat to see if it works.

Yeah it's time consuming I've worked a little bit with XNA which is similar to C# programming. Finding out where you fubared up and how to fix it is time consuming work. Quite Easy but when you deploy programming that can get corrupted by 1000+ people doing it slightly different every time something in the programming can crap up.

That or they really don't have really good coder's.

Do you really know how much coding goes into even driving a vehicle?
How about shooting a particular gun?
Object collision?

Programming isn't a cake walk (Unless your a super genius who enjoy's programming.)

mbergeron
05-25-2013, 01:01 AM
The game has come far from where it was when released and this patch did a lot of good for the game and added some new features that if only minor still add a nice touch to the game and show they are still working out bugs that show up and seem to listen to the community when new ones show up.

Tango80
05-25-2013, 01:11 AM
The game has come far from where it was when released and this patch did a lot of good for the game and added some new features that if only minor still add a nice touch to the game and show they are still working out bugs that show up and seem to listen to the community when new ones show up.

Exactly my point MMO's can't be fixed in a month hell look at the other MMO's out there. They have weekly maintenance. And even then they still have bugs in the game that aren't fix or never will be fixed.

They just aren't as visible as the bugs in Defiance.
Lets look at the list that are visiable bugs.

The Arkfall's not being able to progress.
Pursuits not Completing.
Certain object in the world that are at odd angles.
Floating Vehicles.

Just to name a few. Yeah they are there. But besides the first two on the list does it stop you from shooting the mob in front of you?

To me No but if your the immerse type of person yeah i can see it as a slight game breaker.

I can deal with the bugs that crop up some are annoying but are they all that game breaking? Not finishing a quest is one thing but looking at an Floating emergency isn't all that bad.

And when I mean game breaking is that you can't do anything until it is fixed. I guess I've been lucky so far only ran into one game breaking bug and that one was fixed a few patches ago.

fatoldguy
05-25-2013, 01:27 AM
Ever notice that it's only an "MMO" when people defend how broken the game currently is, and it's not an "MMO" when people complain about it being broken?

Digital Soulja
05-25-2013, 01:38 AM

fatoldguy did you take over from Schwa as the guy who comments in every single thread, straight away slagging off the game? Was there some kind of torch passing cerimony or..?

Nah I kid, your doing good work..

Tango80
05-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Ever notice that it's only an "MMO" when people defend how broken the game currently is, and it's not an "MMO" when people complain about it being broken?

It all depends on what you consider "Broken".
Not being able to play to me is broken.
Not being able to accomplish certain aspects in the game is not broken. That aspect is broken but I can always come back to it when they fix it.

Broken is something that is totally of no use or inability to be used.

I can Use defiance and have fun which to me isn't broken.

However certain aspects of the game are broken such as some pursuits but that in and of itself doesn't make the game broken.
More of exposing cracks in a dam and trion trying to patch them up before it breaks.

Sometimes they do good and patch pretty well. Other times well they open up more cracks. All together they have done pretty well patching up them cracks. But then again they are still leaving some glaring cracks exposed.

fatoldguy
05-25-2013, 01:40 AM
fatoldguy did you take over from Schwa as the guy who comments in every single thread, straight away slagging off the game? Was there some kind of torch passing cerimony or..?

Nah I kid, your doing good work..

There is a contest, I'm trying to win, how am I doing?

Digital Soulja
05-25-2013, 01:43 AM
There is a contest, I'm trying to win, how am I doing?

hehe, your doing brilliantly.
:^)

canoedigit
05-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Now that Arkfalls give a tier 2 box every time.
i was wondering what that crate was about, are the 2 guns you receive supposed to be like opening a tier 2 box?

fatoldguy
05-25-2013, 01:49 AM
i was wondering what that crate was about, are the 2 guns you receive supposed to be like opening a tier 2 box?

Don't tier 2 boxes give 2 items? I got 3 purple guns at an Arkfall today.

Digital Soulja
05-25-2013, 01:53 AM

I think so yeah, I really like it.

Also..

Just to be sure, are people now moaning in this thread that because arkfalls give you better loot now, there's no reason to do co-op? If so, wow. The devs really cannot win can they? Kudos, pessimism of that calibre cannot be easy.

Fiox
05-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Your doing good but Schwa is doin better :D

Opetyr
05-25-2013, 01:54 AM
It all depends on what you consider "Broken".
Not being able to play to me is broken.
Not being able to accomplish certain aspects in the game is not broken. That aspect is broken but I can always come back to it when they fix it.

Broken is something that is totally of no use or inability to be used.

I can Use defiance and have fun which to me isn't broken.

However certain aspects of the game are broken such as some pursuits but that in and of itself doesn't make the game broken.
More of exposing cracks in a dam and trion trying to patch them up before it breaks.

Sometimes they do good and patch pretty well. Other times well they open up more cracks. All together they have done pretty well patching up them cracks. But then again they are still leaving some glaring cracks exposed.

So what your saying is that a car with a broken axle actually isn't broken since you still can sit in the car, turn the engine on and even use the ac. The game is broke since they have had many issues with progression like pursuits resetting like how at 30k kills and did many arks i only had 300 kills (since i killed at all arkfalls not just one type of arkfall. Today had an arkfall that didnt spawn the crystal so lost that progression.
The game its broken (since broken is not an absolute) just has to get the axle fixed.

fatoldguy
05-25-2013, 01:55 AM
I think so yeah, I really like it.

Also..

Just to be sure, are people now moaning in this thread that because arkfalls give you better loot now, there's no reason to do co-op? If so, wow. The devs really cannot win can they? Kudos, pessimism of that calibre cannot be easy.

I think the OP implied that, and really co-op was not worth doing before, so nothing has changed. Vote for me in the bigest complainer, whine and cheese contest thread!

canoedigit
05-25-2013, 02:02 AM
, thanks for the info. so now the peep that get nonstop oranges will get them more often and my friends that have only pulled 2 will be even more bitter. I'm glad im the latter.

Digital Soulja
05-25-2013, 02:02 AM

Ooh thems fighting words.

Btw, sorry if trolling slightly, just woke up with a hangover and must of thought I'd take it out on the forums. How dare you have differing opinions to me!

fatoldguy
05-25-2013, 02:04 AM
Schwa is inconsistent, he sometimes says good things about the game, consistency is what wins!

Fiox
05-25-2013, 02:08 AM
Eh its all good I'm chillin playing defiance and listenin to that radioactive cover they posted on twitter