PDA

View Full Version : Settings reset

Ashlocke
05-25-2013, 12:40 AM
I just spent 2 days trying to figure out how to get past the "Patch Error, please try again later" problem.

Yay me.

Finally I get into the game and immediately notice that none of my hotkeys are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Awesome.

Keep in mind that I did not reinstall the game to fix the patcher problem nor did I delete anything from the game folders, all I did was change the MTU settings from 1500 to 1300.

So TRION, if you read this, please do one of two things (preferably both) Don't reset my settings again or at least provide a "SAVE SETTINGS" option so that WHEN (not if) you break my settings again I can at least easily restore things.

While this might sound like a minimal issue, keep in mind that the method this game uses to change hotkeys is abysmal. I've never seen anything like it before. I can't simply click an action then assign a key to it, no no no, I have to SWAP keys in some insane leapfrog game in order to get each key I want assigned to each action I want. It makes this seemingly minor task that much more annoying.

Thanks for reading.

Iceberg
05-25-2013, 02:54 AM
With the 1.020 patch they disabled keybinds, I had to go into the options and just re-enable them. Not sure why they did that but once I figured that out things were gravy.

Muffins
05-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Yeah, all you need to do is just go back into controls... didn't you look at that? The first thing I did when things weren't right was go to settings.

Enable remapping: Yes / No
Yes!

Ashlocke
05-25-2013, 03:10 AM
Yeah, all you need to do is just go back into controls... didn't you look at that? The first thing I did when things weren't right was go to settings.

Enable remapping: Yes / No
Yes!

And then I had to *REDO* my previous keybinds because they had been RESET.

Muffins
05-25-2013, 03:17 AM
And then I had to *REDO* my previous keybinds because they had been RESET.

Your life is ruined, I'm so sorry for you.

Indolo
05-25-2013, 03:31 AM
Just had to enable key mapping. The changes I had made before were still there.