PDA

View Full Version : 1.020 BUG list

CptBadger
05-25-2013, 04:48 AM
Long story short, please add any bugs you encountered in the PC version.

- the EGO spam is back
- "there are new maps available" spam is back
- every now and then my sound is "stuck", and then exiting a game results in a hard crash
- Cerberus vehicles in Freight Yard are HORRIBLY bugged
+ gunners seem to be stuck outside
+ rubberband A LOT
+ they seem to fire invisible missles
+ very often the targeting reticle is gone when I spawn inside vehicle as a gunner

tuckerpb
05-25-2013, 06:06 AM
no biggie. it is just a defiance thing.

Arsenic_Touch
05-25-2013, 06:07 AM
No such things as bugs. These are "Hidden" features!

Schwa
05-25-2013, 06:12 AM
No such things as bugs. These are "Hidden" features!

And they patch new features in all the time!

baelrusk
05-25-2013, 06:16 AM
Arkfalls where when a crystal was destroyed......it didn't register as destroyed.

Iceberg
05-25-2013, 09:20 AM
And they patch new features in all the time!

And people say there is no new content pfft...

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm glad you guys have a sense of humor about it but my butt hurts.

I bought an outfit thinking "There's no monthly sub fee, so I'll spend $20 on a skin to support Trion".

The next day they laid off 80% of their employees and two days later was this patch that caused the servers to be down all day yesterday. I can finally play now and... this is how it is? I'm buttfrustrated.

eFuller
05-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Hey guys. Speaking of bugs, I cant even start playing the game. In the beginning where you are supposed to help Cass defend the thorium reactor, I activate the reactor and the game freezes about 10 seconds after that. I ctrl+alt+del and close defiance. I launch it back and I'm standing where I was when it froze; wait the same amount of time and the game freezes again. This is so annoying. Maybe I'm supposed to load the game up 500 times to defend it long enough.

Mourneblade
05-25-2013, 01:24 PM
long story short, please add any bugs you encountered in the pc version.

- the ego spam is back
- every now and then my sound is "stuck", and then exiting a game results in a hard crash
- cerberus vehicles in freight yard are horribly bugged
+ rubberband a lot
+ very often the targeting reticle is gone when i spawn inside vehicle as a gunner
working as intended!

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1201/live-tech-support-never-tech-dialup-humor-demotivational-posters-1327370086.jpg

Iceberg
05-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Hey guys. Speaking of bugs, I cant even start playing the game. In the beginning where you are supposed to help Cass defend the thorium reactor, I activate the reactor and the game freezes about 10 seconds after that. I ctrl+alt+del and close defiance. I launch it back and I'm standing where I was when it froze; wait the same amount of time and the game freezes again. This is so annoying. Maybe I'm supposed to load the game up 500 times to defend it long enough.

What is your processor, graphic card, and ram you are running?

zBurko
05-25-2013, 07:04 PM
I was shooting my LMG and rocket launcher at the same time. Rockets were flying out at LMG fire rate with no ammo consumption. Using ego power and/or swapping weapons would fix it. Only worked with LMGs with RL secondary.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=147895183
screenshot

eFuller
05-25-2013, 08:32 PM
What is your processor, graphic card, and ram you are running?

Amd Phenom X6 1100, 580 SLI, 8GB ram

Everything ran good and smooth until I started the "Help Cass" part.

froman
05-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Arkfalls where when a crystal was destroyed......it didn't register as destroyed.

That's the new "skitterling skeetshoot" event. You can shoot all the skitterlings you want... Until the timer runs out.

Gratty
05-25-2013, 10:02 PM

- the EGO spam is back
+ rubberband A LOT
+ very often the targeting reticle is gone when I spawn inside vehicle as a gunner

I am the rubberband man.

On a serious note, I was not surprised to see issues with the patch. Every time they "fix" things, they also break them. Also I saw things that were supposed to be here since the first patch, but magically got thrown in with this patch (like names of locations on map)

I would love to see a serious developer pick this game up and see what kind of cool things they can do. Also, I want to see how quickly a serious developer can fix the game without continuously breaking it.

PTGDAEMON
05-26-2013, 04:14 AM
Hello. Downloaded this game from steam (Trial free). And I have interesting thing with Launcher. It says, I need to update to patch 1.020. Well, I pressed Update button. Only 1 second left, and Play button appeared. So I didn't understand, is this game downloaded patch or not. I made screenshot while it's updating (1 second). It says "Resuming previous patch". What the hell? What does it mean? It happens every time I Launch the game

Schwa
05-26-2013, 04:15 AM
Hello. Downloaded this game from steam (Trial free). And I have interesting thing with Launcher. It says, I need to update to patch 1.020. Well, I pressed Update button. Only 1 second left, and Play button appeared. So I didn't understand, is this game downloaded patch or not. I made screenshot while it's updating (1 second). It says "Resuming previous patch". What the hell? What does it mean? It happens every time I Launch the game

Welcome to the parallel universe created by the majesty of the infallible Defiance patcher.

divaldo
05-26-2013, 04:18 AM
Disconnections from server saying timed out,sound crashed cant here anything crashed my Xbox,game lag players lagging takes 30 secs to show up and I have fibre optic broadband any my game play on other games don't lag,on Xbox eu.

PTGDAEMON
05-26-2013, 04:19 AM
Schwa, so, everyone has this problem or it's exclusive just for me?

PTGDAEMON
05-26-2013, 05:36 AM
The problem is that I want to buy this game. And I don't know was it patch for me or not =D

doggirl211
05-26-2013, 06:34 AM
The problem is that I want to buy this game. And I don't know was it patch for me or not =D

The game has some very serious issues. I haven't heard of your particular situation, but there are lots of people reporting patching problems and some that bought the game at launch still haven't been able to log in two months later.

The only thing anyone can advise you is to read through the forums before putting your money down. The game is fun when it works, but to some the sheer number of bugs that remain from before closed beta, and the number that get introduced each and every patch is simply too much to be considered enjoyable. Good luck

PTGDAEMON
05-26-2013, 07:08 AM
The game has some very serious issues. I haven't heard of your particular situation, but there are lots of people reporting patching problems and some that bought the game at launch still haven't been able to log in two months later.

The only thing anyone can advise you is to read through the forums before putting your money down. The game is fun when it works, but to some the sheer number of bugs that remain from before closed beta, and the number that get introduced each and every patch is simply too much to be considered enjoyable. Good luck

Comprehensive answer. Thanks for advice.

xDarKxReckoninGx
05-26-2013, 10:28 AM

- the EGO spam is back
+ rubberband A LOT

The spam is quite annoying, I'll agree.

Yars Revenge
05-27-2013, 03:04 AM
Once again dropping the last perk from whichever loadout I was using the previous time I logged out. It was fixed for awhile, now it's back.

Kane
05-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Once again dropping the last perk from whichever loadout I was using the previous time I logged out. It was fixed for awhile, now it's back.

It never was fixed, it only tricked you by showing the icon but the skill was still unequipped...

Skeety
05-27-2013, 09:47 AM
I didn't see this in this thread so I'll add it. It seems that those who downloaded the new client for 1.020 as soon as it became available ended up with a client that has a PTT keybinding entry (see thread at this link (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?76533-Game-crash-on-loading) at Forum: PC: Bugs and Issues) but people like me who waited to do any updates at all until after they finally got the marathon fix working ended up with a client that does not have a PTT keybinding ability. Unfortunately for those who do have it and if they set up a keybind for PTT then many if not all who do that are unable to login again. I doubt there will be any joy for those affected until tomorrow at the very earliest. There was another thread about this too where players kind of pooh poohed the OP. Some people are so quick to be kind, lol. Don't set a PTT keybind if the option to do so exists for you.

Mr Brain
05-27-2013, 09:54 AM
been playing most days scince last fix and still waiting for this so called new content to go with the show. Is it just me or are tiron taking the piss.

Yars Revenge
05-27-2013, 09:58 AM
It never was fixed, it only tricked you by showing the icon but the skill was still unequipped...

Ouch. I didn't realize this. I guess they are doing me a favor since I now get the privelege to actually it.