PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Weapons. Breaking down weapons. Questions.

Roscoe Wallace
05-25-2013, 08:20 AM
I leveled up an Assault Rifle, and now it's EXP bar is full. It prompted me to reset it, I think, but I didn't really read the prompt as I was in the middle of a huge battle.

Is there a bonus I would get for resetting the EXP back to zero? Would my gun benefit?

Also, I tend to find a lot of white items and green items, mostly shields and useless snipers. I have been breaking them down for the green currency, which I spend at the lockbox for keys. Is that the best strategy, or should I be selling them to the merchant? For what it's worth, I've only purchased one thing from the merchant: a sight for an assault rifle. So I have like 6,000 scrip.

vizibledog
05-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Once a weapons EXP bar is full you will no longer gain anything to that particular weapon skill (ie your Assault Rifle level wont get any higher). Its only really worth resetting if it is a nice weapon. If its pretty standard chances are you'll find another one.

I tend to break all my undesirable items into ark salvage (the green currency) rather than sell them for scrip as I dont really use scrip. I dont tend to buy items from vendors as I haven't really seen any worth buying. Ark salvage is more important to me as I can use it for keycodes or to reset my favoured weapons or add mod slots to weapons.

Pesico
05-25-2013, 08:38 AM
You should probably find a balance between breaking down for ark salvage (green stuff) and selling to merchant for Scrip. I mainly get mods with scrip. You also need small amounts of scrip for Lockboxes and mod caches.

As for your weapon, reseting the weapon means the experience bar on the weapon is reset, so you can continue to earn experience for that weapon. The only advantage of that is also getting experience for that weapon type. Your Assault Rifle skill will only go up with weapons that doesn't have a full experience bar. Since the weapon mastery bonus is kept, and you won't get a new one after maxing out your weapon a second time, I recommend just getting another Assault Rifle to keep getting experience for that weapon type.

Big_John_72
05-25-2013, 08:38 AM
As far as breaking down for salvage or selling for scrip, that totally depends on whether or not you need more salvage or cash. So that is your preference. When leveling a weapon you gain a weapon mastery perk to that weapon for maxing it out. When you reset it, you eat up ark salvage, but you reset the weapon xp to zero. This allows you to reearn the xp for leveling that weapon again, and the weapon retains the mastery bonus you opened up.

drackiller
05-25-2013, 09:00 AM
It`s ok to reset if you like the feel of the weapon and like to play with it. It`s ok untill you find a better one.
It`s a choice you have to make, but worry not my friend you will find many along the way. Don`t worry about that.