PDA

View Full Version : Character creation limit needs increasing.

Christm77
05-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Pretty self-explanatory really.

At present the limit is 4 characters per gamertag. I only found out becsuse my girlfriend who watches the tv series asked me to show her the rewind missions so she could see Nolan & Irisia ingame but when I tried to make a 5th character I noticed the option to create was gone.
I already have used up all 4 slots to make both genders for both races. I was also planning to do the same with the Casthians when the DLC comes out.

My logic now though is why should I buy the DLC? To make full use of it, I would have to delete 1 of my existing characters first (all of which I play as). I had been planning on getting the season pass but if this character limit is here to stay, I won't bother as any race DLC is useless to me.

Most other MMO's offer more character slots so why can't Defiance?

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 09:14 AM
*Because Trion*

Chemikz
05-25-2013, 09:23 AM
There's 4 slots available so you can make an Irathient male and female and a Human male and female. There'll probably be two more slots added with the DLC for the Castithan race. Until then your best bet is to delete one of your characters as there's been no confirmation from Trion about letting people redo the rewind missions.

Ryme
05-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Most MMOs offer more slots because they have different classes. Defiance has no classes. You can do everything with just one character.

Chemikz
05-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Or get the free trial this weekend and do it on there to show her maybe. If you're on pc.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 09:32 AM
There is no logical reason to have more than one character in this game, let alone more than 4. It isn't a game where you are set into one class or ability. One character can literally do anything and everything there is to do in game. I could see maybe having 2 so you and a live in friend/significant other could play. Having multiple characters seems counteractive in this game as it is such a large time/effort sink as is to finish one character, let alone 2. I guess for aesthetics I could see wanting more than 1 toon , but I don't really see any motivation to play more than one. When DLC 1 lands I will take advantage of the character appearance/name change and become Casthian until the time that a more appealing race comes about.

Ryme
05-25-2013, 09:41 AM
They will probably end up offering appearence resets in the bitshop.

Jackobite
05-25-2013, 10:21 AM
This game has the most unique character setup I have ever seen in an mmo, alts are irrelevant, Iv never seen another mmo with 2 starting races and 4 classes where whatever you pick its the same.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 02:07 PM
They will probably end up offering appearence resets in the bitshop.

Already been confirmed.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 02:07 PM
This game has the most unique character setup I have ever seen in an mmo, alts are irrelevant, Iv never seen another mmo with 2 starting races and 4 classes where whatever you pick its the same.
Keeps me from having to worry about Alt-itus.

Dana Dawn
05-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Guess you haven't played enough MMOs.

In EVE Online there are 4 different playable races, and bloodlines and schools. Classes are based on what you put on your ship. You can pick anything you want there aren't even stat differences.

TSW has three factions with a few story missions that are attached to it. Classes are based on the weapon you are carrying, you pick one up in the tutorial. After that you pick up more weapons learn more skills and your character can be whatever it wants.

Fallen earth allows you to spec in any 'class' you want, play long enough and you pick up quite a bit of skills.

There must be more examples, I have not yet played all the MMOs.

Arsenic_Touch
05-25-2013, 03:44 PM
There's 4 slots available so you can make an Irathient male and female and a Human male and female. There'll probably be two more slots added with the DLC for the Castithan race. Until then your best bet is to delete one of your characters as there's been no confirmation from Trion about letting people redo the rewind missions.

I hope they do this, but no one at Trion will get back to me about it. Sent Morgana a pm and she's ignored me for over a week. Posted in a thread with sledge, he ignored it too.

Kessler
05-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Besides purely appearance there is 0 reason to even have 1 alt in this game. Why in gods name are you wasting your time?

Arsenic_Touch
05-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Besides purely appearance there is 0 reason to even have 1 alt in this game. Why in gods name are you wasting your time?

Give the RNG nature of rep synergies, it's actually quite beneficial to have alts.