PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

Finlorim
01-11-2013, 05:03 PM
So this morning I was excited to see in my email that I was invited to the stress test tonight!! So I begin the update process before I head off to work thinking that surely it would be done when I got home. Wrong! The update failed half way through, so that's not to bad right. I then begin re-updating but here is the catch. It is updating at 0.05mb!! It will take 1 day, 6:45:23 to finish the update. I guess I will be missing the stress test, which is a huge let down because I have been waiting for this moment for a long time now

ETD
01-11-2013, 05:04 PM
So this morning I was excited to see in my email that I was invited to the stress test tonight!! So I begin the update process before I head off to work thinking that surely it would be done when I got home. Wrong! The update failed half way through, so that's not to bad right. I then begin re-updating but here is the catch. It is updating at 0.05mb!! It will take 1 day, 6:45:23 to finish the update. I guess I will be missing the stress test, which is a huge let down because I have been waiting for this moment for a long time now

You're missing out on 3 hours of the servers being broken. Don't break a sweat, you have next weekend. And it will be the full weekend with (hopefully) working servers.

Trippwyre
01-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Time to upgrade your internet connection? The download came to me at 6-7+ MB/sec

Snowman
01-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Uninstall the client >> re-install the client >> re-pathc.

This happened to a friend of mine. After he patched, it was a more realistic speed (subject to your own download speed, of course).

Solitaire
01-11-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm on a 10mbit/s connection and it took 3h to download.

some of the files are compressed (was getting a sustained download speed of 40mbit/s at times which is four times faster than the line can possibly go.

that took a good hour off of the download time.

Myll_Erik
01-11-2013, 05:40 PM
This download is well worth doing as this will be the same client that will be used for upcoming beta's.

Could you also share the exact error you received?

TORTURE
01-11-2013, 05:51 PM
wow that sucks ill just wait to play it then

Niteshade83
01-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Download came to me at 8 that's with netflix streaming and youtube videos being watched.

Akaahn
01-11-2013, 05:57 PM
This download is well worth doing as this will be the same client that will be used for upcoming beta's.

Could you also share the exact error you received?

Will people invited to the stress test be invited to the beta as well, or is there a separate invitation?

ETD
01-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Will people invited to the stress test be invited to the beta as well, or is there a separate invitation?

Seperate. However they said that if you signed up for beta through the VBI website you will have a very high chance of getting in. Either that or just get yourself a key from that website giving them away a couple threads down.

Grotesque
01-11-2013, 06:00 PM

Good question, I`d also want to know about this.

Kruxed
01-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Yea downloader for me is fairly useless, been downloading for 5hours now and not even at the 1/3 mark the rate hovers around 0.2mb which is 1/6 of my download.

so i for sure wont be helping with the stress test as it says another 10 hours yet lol other than the download servers, which should of been p2p really in this day and age

P1nhead
01-11-2013, 06:03 PM
I had no Probs in regards to the Download. Nice, fluent and fast. Just like Rift is/was. Full 100Mbit Speed.

Akaahn
01-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Seperate. However they said that if you signed up for beta through the VBI website you will have a very high chance of getting in. Either that or just get yourself a key from that website giving them away a couple threads down.

Thanks, managed to snag a key.