PDA

View Full Version : How is Explosions 101 supposed to be played?

Larry Tanng
05-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Every time I try to play Explosions 101, the co-op map, it spawns me in a small hanger with a few other players with no waypoint and no objective. Me and the other players run around in circles and stare at each other for about 10 minutes before I quit. I've been trying on and off to do this mission since launch on both the Xbox and PS3 versions of the game. I'm sure if the mission was glitched, it would have been fixed by now, so how does this mission work? Do I have to press a magic button somewhere?

Desolis
05-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Well for one the start of the mission should be a cutscene with Varus, and then you should spawn on a dock.

The only part that resembles a hangar would be mid mission where you fight a Hulker in a closed room.

Tbh, I have no clue why the players you join stay in a match so long, I don't see why it takes them forever to realize the match got bugged and they should leave and re-search.

TravelerX1
05-25-2013, 09:01 AM
This is off the top of my head, so might not be in the right order.

-Start on Docks with Echelon Explosives Tech
-Some rounds of Baddies
-Building Clutser, Baddies
-Gate Opens
-Something happens (Spoiler)
-You plant explosives In next round of buildings
-Up the hill, tanker, baddies, turrets
-Plant explosives
(Buildings, baddies I think)
-Ride in a Cerebrus across the shipwreck areas
-Major buildings and baddies
-Hulker
-Another set of buildings
-Tanker
-Baddies leading to the final building
-Boss fight

Larry Tanng
05-25-2013, 09:09 AM
I've never seen a cut seen for this before. Maybe I have to start a new character. After 10 tries today and hundreds of tries before, it is impossible for me to complete this mission. Maybe they'll fix it one day.

Note: I am using Verizon fios, so my connection is perfect.

TravelerX1
05-25-2013, 09:12 AM
At least half of my attempts are bugged for that map. If you get stuck with a bugged one, wait like an hour, and try again. Trying again instantly is just putting you into that same bugged instance. It is one of my favorite co-ops so it's worth trying to get a decent one. Desolis is right, if you don't see the opening cutscene with Varus and a Female Echalon Merc..... leave that instance. It is probably bugged.