PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.020: What did it actually fix?

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Seriously, what did it actually fix?

All of these issues are still present:

1. Still got the 6th PERK Disappearing Issue.
2. Clan Boosts still disappear.
3. Fright Yard still causing crashes and disconnects.
4. Ark Falls still bugging out.
5. Freezing Xbox completely. (This one is new for me)
6. The insane amount of incorrect popups are back. (EGO Ranking)
....among many other things

At which the rate you're either having to RELOG because boosters are disappearing, combined with the disconnects and server boots, combined with it now freezing your console, this game has officially become unplayable for me.

I know others have claimed it to be unplayable before, but I haven't experienced everything they were claiming, well today it's happened.

Has anyone else been having these issues?

So I ask again, what did the patch and the 13+ hours of downtime actually fix?

The answer is: Nothing!

All I see is cosmetic tweeks... Like adding colors to Lock Boxes, moving the Log Out option, adding the Time/Date below the mini map... Really? That's all you guys got?

I see big improvements and additions to the Store....

At this point I am starting to see this game for what it really is...

To think I trusted TRION and bought into their Bit Promotion for this weekend, now I'm fully regretting it and at this point I've had it and very very close to cutting my losses with this game and moving on.

Just astonished at the level of incompetence with the DEV Team here, or what's left of it atleast.

Go ahead and let the blind fan boys and "Glass Half Full" people chime in and say the same lines...
-The game has only been out XXXXXX.
-Every game has issues.....
-Can I have your stuff?
-You're just complaining, patience....

To those comments I say this:
This game is going on 2 months, not only have the DEV Team proven they are incompetent, their body of work proves that. We are still dealing with big time issues since Day 1. Key aspects of the game, aspects that was supposed to make this game great and set it apart. They're broken!!!

We've now gotten many small patches, 2 big game update patches, and yet alot of us are becoming broken records with constantly reporting the same issues over and over again.

I've been patient, I have been singing Trion's praises like the rest for quite a long time, as of recent days with all the news of their layoffs, all the news of these big patches, the extended down times, the constant proof that problems aren't being fixed and instead everything's beeing nerfed and more is being broken...

My level of concern has obviously risen... I've played many MMOs/Shared World and other Games. I know that no game is perfect, in fact most games never reach "Perfect".

But what is consistent about alot of those games is that the DEV Team instills trust to the community as they prove they can fix things over time, they can improve on their game over time, and give back compensation for all our patient and loyalty.

At this point TRION has yet to fix any of the big ticket items, in fact they claim to be releasing patches/big game updates to address alot of those big ticket items, and yet they're still broken.

In fact all I've seen they are capable of doing without messing it up is improving their cash cow the DEFIANCE STORE.

I had big time hopes for this game, I really wanted so bad for it to succeed... A Console MMO/Shared World Game!!! FINALLY!!! But seriously, I'm no longer blind due to it's potential and it's innovation, TRION is seriously driving this game into the ground in an amazingly efficient fashion.

And to those that will post: Can I have your stuff? No, if I trade this game, all my stuff will poof, go work for your own stuff and stop begging for handouts.

Anyone else finally to that breaking point? :confused:

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Can I have your stuff?

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Can I have your stuff?

Just in case you missed it...

And to those that will post: Can I have your stuff? No, if I trade this game, all my stuff will poof, go work for your own stuff and stop begging for handouts.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Can I have your stuff?

Not if I get it first.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Not if I get it first.
Oh Hell no! FIGHT TO THE DEEEEEAAAAAATH! WWWYYYHHHAAAAAAA! *Charges zer0boy*

MrRotten

I put it in bold so it's easier for you special people to find...

Now onto the actually core issues, anything constructive to add?

Oh Hell no! FIGHT TO THE DEEEEEAAAAAATH! WWWYYYHHHAAAAAAA! *Charges zer0boy*

lol I just realized, asking you for something constructive to add would require actual intelligence, clearly from this post, you're lacking.

Troll/Flame away...

Grant
Well he's spoken the truth. Even reloading is repeating twice. Freightyard and Dam Defense is back, but that's the most part of this patch.

Also I agree after two months with two big patches bring nothing fix at all.

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Well he's spoken the truth. Even reloading is repeating twice. Freightyard and Dam Defense is back, but that's the most part of this patch.

Dang, Reloading Bug still exists too?

I hadn't gotten that yet, after my Xbox froze twice while trying to enter a "Fright" Yard, I was done for the day...

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 09:32 AM
I knew I should've bought a hardcopy. At least I'd be able to trade the stupid thing in.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 09:36 AM

lol I just realized, asking you for something constructive to add would require actual intelligence, clearly from this post, you're lacking.

Troll/Flame away...
What is this, "inturllimagence" thing you speak of?

Pyth
05-25-2013, 09:37 AM
I pretty much agree with all of this. The game is basically in even worse shape now than it was previous to 1.010. Not to mention the fact that there really hasn't been any content added to the game other than the Rynn mission, but even that was dissapointing.

Btw, how's Roy? I used to live in Ogden, but haven't been back there in years.

Duncan laighleis
05-25-2013, 09:37 AM

Troll/Flame away...
The only "special" person is you. They trolling you and your feeding them. Dont like the game then dont play. As for myself and many others we still find pleasure init despite the problems. Not fanboying, there are many issues. I just dont run to forums and cry every time I see one

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 09:38 AM
The only "special" person is you. They trolling you and your feeding them. Dont like the game then dont play. As for myself and many others we still find pleasure init despite the problems. Not fanboying, there are many issues. I just dont run to forums and cry every time I see one

Game sucks and you know it. The patches are terrible. You are most certainly a fanboy.

baelrusk
05-25-2013, 09:41 AM

Well people can complain all they want.
The problems exist. The problems aren't supposed to exist. The problems were claimed to be fixed.

And then there is hard earned money. People want what they bought.
It's not about simply "not liking the game", it's about not liking the bugs that aren't being fixed.

And what you said is exactly what the fanboys say.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Play a real MMO. Please. Tell me how different it is. It isn't When TBC(The Burning Crusade) launched for WoW for almost a full week the servers were so packed that literally millions of people could not log in to play. You know what they got from Blizzard? Nothing, not even a an apology on the forums. We had some server down time in Defiance...we get a weeks worth of every boosts. I am so tired of you "dude bro" shooter types coming here and *****ing b/c you have no knowledge of how much times has to go into even minor bug fixes in an MMO.

diggergig
05-25-2013, 09:42 AM
I still play. Hurrah, I'm a 'fanboi.' Yip, yip.

zer0boy
Well people can complain all they want.
The problems exist. The problems aren't supposed to exist. The problems were claimed to be fixed.

And then there is hard earned money. People want what they bought.
It's not about simply "not liking the game", it's about not liking the bugs that aren't being fixed.

And what you said is exactly what the fanboys say.
It is about people who are ignorant on the subject whining like entitled children.

baelrusk
Play a real MMO. Please. Tell me how different it is. It isn't When TBC(The Burning Crusade) launched for WoW for almost a full week the servers were so packed that literally millions of people could not log in to play. You know what they got from Blizzard? Nothing, not even a an apology on the forums. We had some server down time in Defiance...we get a weeks worth of every boosts. I am so tired of you "dude bro" shooter types coming here and *****ing b/c you have no knowledge of how much times has to go into even minor bug fixes in an MMO.

So for some reason that makes it acceptable?

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 09:43 AM
The only "special" person is you. They trolling you and your feeding them. Dont like the game then dont play. As for myself and many others we still find pleasure init despite the problems. Not fanboying, there are many issues. I just dont run to forums and cry every time I see oneAnd oh how he is; the feeding is strong with this one. Although the game has some glaring issues, and the recent client side patch did more harm than good in my opinion. The game still has that subtle bit of charm that keeps me playing, albeit, not for an extended period of time, but still time nontheless. I just love all of these, "I quit" threads coming about as of late. Fuel to the fire baby.

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 09:44 AM
I pretty much agree with all of this. The game is basically in even worse shape now than it was previous to 1.010. Not to mention the fact that there really hasn't been any content added to the game other than the Rynn mission, but even that was dissapointing.

Btw, how's Roy? I used to live in Ogden, but haven't been back there in years.

I'm not from here, just currently living here. It's allright though, I like it.

Better than Kaysville! LOL

Not a bad place to live...

See you completely miss the point there Duncan... But first before I reiterate my point, question for you.

What is your current EGO Rank, approximate?

As for my point, fact is I love the game, or actually I should say I love the idea and the promise of the game. Or atleast I used to...

Trion has proven to ruin all of this games potential in it's current state.

The problems I highlighted today are boots, freezes, and relogs...

It's gotten to the point that I can no longer play the game to try and LOOK PAST all of it's glaring problems that still exist since Day 1 even after the many small patches and updates that proclaimed to address those same problems.

...just saying

I understand where you're coming from though, generally I cut my losses and move on and don't even post.

However; I really had high hopes for this game, sunk a nice chunk of change into it already with the Deluxe Edition and the Season Pass on top of buying some bits here and there.

So mentally and financially unfortunately I'm invested... I've tried to be patient, but 2 months later, many patches/updates later, and we're still dealing with many issues, to the point it's becoming unplayable.

You're damn right I'm going to chime in and let my frustration be known.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 09:45 AM
And oh how he is; the feeding is strong with this one. Although the game has some glaring issues, and the recent client side patch did more harm than good in my opinion. The game still has that subtle bit of charm that keeps me playing, albeit, not for an extended period of time, but still time nontheless. I just love all of these, "I quit" threads coming about as of late. Fuel to the fire baby.
Especially since 99% of these people who post "I Quit!" or "I'm trading this in" are logged in playing at the time and will continue to play the game.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Especially since 99% of these people who post "I Quit!" or "I'm trading this in" are logged in playing at the time and will continue to play the game.

You won't realize how wrong you are until its a ghost town and they eventually shut down the servers.

Cerveau
And by then it'll be too late.

zer0boy
So for some reason that makes it acceptable?

See, this is the ignorance I am talking about. Yes! That is exactly what I just said. For ever MMO player who understands how the patch process works for an MMO(there are still issues present in WoW that have been there since vanilla), we get 20 "dude bro" shooters that that think the patch process should be as easy as a title update for BLops 2 of Halo 4 that does little more than fix a reticle issue or decrease the bloom of one weapon.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 09:49 AM
See, this is the ignorance I am talking about. Yes! That is exactly what I just said. For ever MMO player who understands how the patch process works for an MMO(there are still issues present in WoW that have been there since vanilla), we get 20 "dude bro" shooters that that think the patch process should be as easy as a title update for BLops 2 of Halo 4 that does little more than fix a reticle issue or decrease the bloom of one weapon.

I've been playing MMOs since 2001 and this is intolerable. Just because its an MMO doesn't excuse the fact that its broken.

Just look at FFXIV 1.0 and SWTOR.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 09:50 AM
You won't realize how wrong you are until its a ghost town and they eventually shut down the servers.
They said the same thing for ME3. It was all doom saying for the entire year after launch. En' oh hey, look at that! The game is still going strong, many months after the final DLC was launched. The servers are still up, people are still playing, the forums are far from being a ghost town even. Every "ME3 killer" has come and passed, and she's still here.

zer0boy

We'll see. Considering they have 1 million + unique accounts at current and the game continues to sell everyday I don't see that happening in the forseeable future. One day yea, I don't see this game lasting for 7 years, but it will run well into 2015 at least, but I wouldn't expect it to outlast the show.

Shawnchapp
but 2 months later, many patches/updates later, and we're still dealing with many issues.

actually alot of these bugs have been around alot longer since alpha infact.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 09:53 AM
We'll see. Considering they have 1 million + unique accounts at current and the game continues to sell everyday I don't see that happening in the forseeable future. One day yea, I don't see this game lasting for 7 years, but it will run well into 2015 at least, but I wouldn't expect it to outlast the show.

Its doing so well they had to lay off 80% of their employees. I mean, its doing GREAT!

baelrusk
05-25-2013, 09:54 AM
actually alot of these bugs have been around alot longer since alpha infact.

Yeah. That's the part I'm mad about. They released the game already knowing about the big ones......but still haven't fixed them even after being released. If it was newly discovered then yeah I could understand.

Also there is fact that more bugs have been made from patches.

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 09:55 AM
See and I knew this thread would bring the people claiming:

"It's an MMO, it's a GAME, of course it has problems..."

Again, missing the point, I'll reiterate.

It's not the fact that Defiance has problems...

It's not the fact that other games at launch had problems...

I've played many games, many MMOs, and pretty much all of them had issues... some worse then others.

The thing that sets DEFIANCE and TRION aside from those other games, is for the most part the DEV Teams instil trust to the community in that they are capable of fixing the issues, working out the kinks, and eventually building to a great game.

Trion has fallen short on this and quite frankly hasn't earned my trust... I have zero faith in Trion's Dev Team or lack there of, and zero confidence that things will get fixed.

Look at the body of work, look at the facts....

2 months later, many small patches, 2 large game update patches... and yet we're still listing the same big ticket items, in fact they've gotten worse.

Generally I'm able to log in, play the game, and allow myself to be blind to the issues...

However; today; it's a diff story all together.

After repeated Disconnects from Freight Yard, repeated relogs because I noticed my boosters are gone or my text chats aren't going, or the last thing my Xbox Freezing when trying to enter Freight Yard, the issues have become painfully clear and show up as even worse then before the patch. It was never this bad, till now....

Kudos to you if you're still able to play the game, you're not getting booted, you're not having to relog, or your Xbox/PC/PS3 isn't freezing when trying to enter a Freight Yard... I had the same experience before the patch, everything was working in a playable fashion.... Kudos that if it's working well enough for you and you're able to look the other way and be blind to the overall bigger picture...

But I can't any longer...

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 09:55 AM
I've been playing MMOs since 2001 and this is intolerable. Just because its an MMO doesn't excuse the fact that its broken.

Just look at FFXIV 1.0 and SWTOR.
Look at the fact they are still trying to balance talent builds and PvP in WoW after 9 years. Or that the economy in Ultima Online is still shot and the PvP grossly unbalanced and that game is 16 years old. Duplication gltiches from 97 are still in that game. SWTOR still have 1 mil active accounts logging in everyday, and that game has been panned since release. Bottom line is these things take time. For everything you fix you will break 2 toher things. how it has always been in every MMO ever released and you should know you have been playing since 01 correct? Vanilla WoW was a year old before they even had enough servers to finally get rid of hour+ long ques to play.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah. That's the part I'm mad about. They released the game already knowing about the big ones......but still haven't fixed them even after being released. If it was newly discovered then yeah I could understand.

Also there is fact that more bugs have been made from patches.

Truth. This is why I'm here and not playing the game. I can't reload, move, shoot. Completely unplayable. What's the point in having a perk that reloads my stowed away weapon, when I can't even stow it away... And then of course comes the inevitable timeout.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 09:57 AM
If you say that the game has not drastically improved since launch you are mentally handicapped, or a blatant liar. Period.

Omnifarious Xji
Its doing so well they had to lay off 80% of their employees. I mean, its doing GREAT! See, ignorance. 80% was an exaggeration by IGN. Layoffs are normal for MMOs in case you didn't know. They always hire a large amount of people to create the game, then keep around the essentials for maintenance and the creation of DLC.

baelrusk
Truth. This is why I'm here and not playing the game. I can't reload, move, shoot. Completely unplayable. What's the point in having a perk that reloads my stowed away weapon, when I can't even stow it away... And then of course comes the inevitable timeout.

Exactly correct.
Doesn't help that due to the timing.......I think they actually rushed to get 1.02 out there.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 09:58 AM
See, ignorance. 80% was an exaggeration by IGN. Layoffs are normal for MMOs in case you didn't know. They always hire a large amount of people to create the game, then keep around the essentials for maintenance and the creation of DLC.

And then of course you have people like this that try to spin lay offs as normal. Companies that do well don't lay off their employees. Welcome to Business 101.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:00 AM
This sounds a lot like when Skyrim came out, and yet the game still sold millions and millions and continues to be one of the best selling games out at current. Oh yea and ME 3, GoW 3, Assassin's Creed III, DMC, SWTOR, WoW, every CoD game since MW 1, etc...

Omnifarious Xji
And then of course you have people like this that try to spin lay offs as normal. Companies that do well don't lay off their employees. Welcome to Business 101.*Sigh* Please stop talking... You're only making yourself look worse.

Pyth
They said the same thing for ME3. It was all doom saying for the entire year after launch. En' oh hey, look at that! The game is still going strong, many months after the final DLC was launched. The servers are still up, people are still playing, the forums are far from being a ghost town even. Every "ME3 killer" has come and passed, and she's still here.

I *****ed and moaned about the bugs in Mass Effect 3 quite frequently, but they were nowhere near compared to this. I will give Trion the credit of putting out patches faster, but these patches really aren't resolving anything. And I don't know if you did the clan Arfkall last night with us, but my game froze out nearly a half dozen times during that, I was getting terrible audio glitches and much more. And this wasn't just me either, many people were constantly freezing and crashing during the whole thing.

And I have a feeling if even BioWare went under, BSN would still be active, haha. The home of "biower pls" and "we'll bang, okay?"

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:02 AM
And then of course you have people like this that try to spin lay offs as normal. Companies that do well don't lay off their employees. Welcome to Business 101.

Yea cause Blizz only laid off thousands just a year or so ago. Somehow they are still one of the most profitable studios around right now. So did EA, Activision, Squenix, Sony, M$ all recently..... yet those companies all still seem to be in the positive. Called consolidating and trimming the fat. Welcome to business 202.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Cognitive Dissonance is a coping mechanism people use to keep their beliefs when shown evidence that proves otherwise.

The fanboys using this coping mechanism have been blocked as their routine is always the same.

"Its just been released. They'll patch it. Layoffs are normal."

When in fact what they're really saying is:

I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE!

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:03 AM

Not to mention you are speaking of a rumor that Trion denied.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:04 AM
I *****ed and moaned about the bugs in Mass Effect 3 quite frequently, but they were nowhere near compared to this. I will give Trion the credit of putting out patches faster, but these patches really aren't resolving anything. And I don't know if you did the clan Arfkall last night with us, but I my game froze out nearly a half dozen times during that, I was getting terrible audio glitches and much more. And this wasn't just me either, many people were constantly freezing and crashing during the whole thing.

And I have a feeling if even BioWare went under, BSN would still be active, haha. The home of "biower pls" and "we'll bang, okay?"Pshshshssssssshhhhhh! Stop giving supporting evidence to them! I'm trying to troll here! We'll bang later, okay?

baelrusk
05-25-2013, 10:04 AM
See, ignorance. 80% was an exaggeration by IGN. Layoffs are normal for MMOs in case you didn't know. They always hire a large amount of people to create the game, then keep around the essentials for maintenance and the creation of DLC.

It's dependent on the department the layoffs happen in.
In this case.......they're laying off and I believe I saw they're opening up for new personnel.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:05 AM
*bump

You really that desperate to get your "I quit" message out there? You actually quoted your own OP to bump? That is sooooo sad and kinda pathetic...I feel sorry for arguing with you now...I am just gonna step aside and let this play out...

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:06 AM
But I just don't want to be alone.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:06 AM
It's dependent on the department the layoffs happen in.
In this case.......they're laying off and I believe I saw they're opening up for new personnel.

Yeah, they've got quite a few openings at the moment. Sadly I'm not qualified to put in an application lol. I'm pretty sure, "12 years of self taught computer thing-a'mah-jigs" isn't qualification enough.

Hawk skinner
05-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Yeah the new patch is pointless. Added more problems than it fixed. Now I get kicked from the server constantly and yes my entire xbox freezes. Arkfalls are so badly bugged its ridiculous. I hope this crap comes together soon or that game programmers in general wake the **** up to the fact that we pay their salary.

zer0boy
But I just don't want to be alone.

I will give you that. If you don't have friends to play with the game does get very lonely and unsocial at times. Almost makes me wish I had bought the PC version, or that the 360 version came with a chat pad.

Pyth
Pshshshssssssshhhhhh! Stop giving supporting evidence to them! I'm trying to troll here! We'll bang later, okay?

I've been trying these ones out. "treeon pls"/"trin pls"/"we'll delay, okay?".

Meh, not the same...

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:08 AM
We won't get anything until Tuesday because you know they're not going to work Memorial weekend.

I will be seeking a refund on Tuesday. I doubt I'll get it but lesson learned. Only buy games from Amazon. At least they give refunds.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:08 AM
In all actuality though. Kind of curious to see if they can do enough harm to actually cause a shutdown of the game. I highly, highly doubt it; but I've yet to see what kind of problems "Enter the Castithan" brings.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:09 AM
I've been trying these ones out. "treeon pls"/"trin pls"/"we'll delay, okay?".

Meh, not the same...
I like, "But we thought we fixed it." -Trion

MrRotten
You really that desperate to get your "I quit" message out there? You actually quoted your own OP to bump? That is sooooo sad and kinda pathetic...I feel sorry for arguing with you now...I am just gonna step aside and let this play out...

Good idea since you've added nothing constructive or valid to the entire thread.

I wasn't quoting my original post, I was quoting a reply that a good majority of you ***hats conveniently ignored to carry on your flame/troll war.

I could careless what you think, missing the entire point of the thread and adding you're unrelated opinion and showing your talent to troll clearly shows how pathetic you actually are sir.

I brought up good points, you brought stupid to this thread... Thanks for that!

zer0boy
We won't get anything until Tuesday because you know they're not going to work Memorial weekend.

I will be seeking a refund on Tuesday. I doubt I'll get it but lesson learned. Only buy games from Amazon. At least they give refunds.

If you really are that let down with the game, then I am truly sorry the game isn't for you, be whatever the reason is. I honestly wish it could have been what you wanted it to be.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Good idea since you've added nothing constructive or valid to the entire thread.

I wasn't quoting my original post, I was quoting a reply that a good majority of you ***hats conveniently ignored to carry on your flame/troll war.

I could careless what you think, missing the entire point of the thread and adding you're unrelated opinion and showing your talent to troll clearly shows how pathetic you actually are sir.

I have done nothing but poke holes in everything you posted you mean. I have refuted almost every statement you have made with FACTS, something you have not provided one of in this entire thread.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:11 AM

Just block Zer0boy, he's useless anyway.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:12 AM

You really expect to have an actual discussion when you refer to the other people in your thread as "@sshats" "trolls" and "idiots?" Of course you're not going to get a nice, constructive response out of them.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:13 AM
And block this Omnifarious guy too. Just as useless.

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 10:14 AM
I have done nothing but poke holes in everything you posted you mean. I have refuted almost every statement you have made with FACTS, something you have not provided one of in this entire thread.

You've hardly replied to any of my points in this thread, you've hardly poked holes in any of my valid points in this thread....

All you've done so far is try your damnest to steer this thread in another direction and argue with other people who have also missed the valid points of this thread.

You've def done a good job of those things, that's about it...

You really expect to have an actual discussion when you refer to the other people in your thread as "@sshats" "trolls" and "idiots?" Of course you're not going to get a nice, constructive response out of them.

If the shoe fits, wear it...

The thread has already been derailed and the valid points I was trying to make already lost.

Congrats!

RichardMos
05-25-2013, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=MrRotten;702473]Seriously, what did it actually fix?

3. Fright Yard still causing crashes and disconnects.[\quote]

I have been played 40+ games on this map, and no one crash or disconnection, but this map very laggy

RichardMos
05-25-2013, 10:15 AM

I have been played 40+ games on this map, and no one crash or disconnection, but this map very laggy

Omnifarious Xji
And block this Omnifarious guy too. Just as useless.

Hah, see Pyth? Told ya it works. First impressions and all. These two know nothing about me. No idea of who I really am in the least.

zer0boy
Just block Zer0boy, he's useless anyway.
After I went out of my way to be nice to you? WHo is an *** hat now. Attack the guy who proved you wrong using only logic...

Gratty
05-25-2013, 10:16 AM

Two months to give us back content that was supposed to be available since the release. Also, every patch comes with EXCESSIVE down time as well as a ton of more issues to outweigh the minor fixes. I.E. the current inability to change Competitive outfits, the cerberus lag on Freight Yard, etc. I definitely do not like the dev team that is heading this game, but I do like the game. I am pretty close to 4k EGO. I really wish that we had a more capable team of developers working on this game. They are all in it for the money (as you should be able to tell by the addition of items to the game even after 15 hours of downtime). Trion doesn't deserve to be making money from microtransactions until this game at least hits a stable level with very minor and hardly noticeable issues. The fact that they make tons and tons of bits with the game in its current state is awful, and they realize they don't have to work too hard to continue lining their pockets.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:16 AM
You've hardly replied to any of my points in this thread, you've hardly poked holes in any of my valid points in this thread....

All you've done so far is try your damnest to steer this thread in another direction and argue with other people who have also missed the valid points of this thread.

You've def done a good job of those things, that's about it...

If the shoe fits, wear it...

The thread has already been derailed and the valid points I was trying to make already lost.

Congrats!

You post one fact in this thread and I will eat my shoe.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:17 AM
The current state of the game is bad. Plain and simple.

If the game was fun, I'd be playing it instead of complaining about how bad it is.

Let's see, I can log in, start an Arkfall or really... anything for that matter, not be able to move, shoot, reload after about five minutes and then maybe two minutes later I disconnect because the server timed out.

And this isn't affecting only me. Its affecting countless people. You can see it on the threads. And then think about all the people its affecting and they're not here talking about it.

Broken game is broken. It'll suffer the same fate as SWTOR. Mark my words. Maintenance mode has already begun.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:18 AM
The current state of the game is bad. Plain and simple.

If the game was fun, I'd be playing it instead of complaining about how bad it is.

Let's see, I can log in, start an Arkfall or really... anything for that matter, not be able to move, shoot, reload after about five minutes and then maybe two minutes later I disconnect because the server timed out.

And this isn't affecting only me. Its affecting countless people. You can see it on the threads. And then think about all the people its affecting and they're not here talking about it.

Broken game is broken. It'll suffer the same fate as SWTOR. Mark my words. Maintenance mode has already begun.
SWTOR has more subscribers at current that Defiance...so that is a bad thing?

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Two months to give us back content that was supposed to be available since the release. Also, every patch comes with EXCESSIVE down time as well as a ton of more issues to outweigh the minor fixes. I.E. the current inability to change Competitive outfits, the cerberus lag on Freight Yard, etc. I definitely do not like the dev team that is heading this game, but I do like the game. I am pretty close to 4k EGO. I really wish that we had a more capable team of developers working on this game. They are all in it for the money (as you should be able to tell by the addition of items to the game even after 15 hours of downtime). Trion doesn't deserve to be making money from microtransactions until this game at least hits a stable level with very minor and hardly noticeable issues. The fact that they make tons and tons of bits with the game in its current state is awful, and they realize they don't have to work too hard to continue lining their pockets.Not to mention, one of them out right admitted to being lazy here on the forums. In regards to the 360 patch notes showing only PC related bullet points at the end, because they copy and pasted the patch notes straight from PC.

MrRotten

And to this I say congrats... This was me prior to the patch, I was able to play the game, the occasional relog from time to time to get my Text Chat to work or bring back my Clan and/or Boosters.

But today I don't know whats going on, it's been really bad for me today.

It was about every 3 or 4 Freight Yards I would either get disconnected, or it started Freezing up my Xbox.

I was living with the boots/disconnects, but Freezing my Xbox having to hit the power button and bring it all back up, that was def the straw that broke the camels back. And I even allowed it to happen twice before I finally had to stop.

I've been patient... Kudos to you that you're is still working pretty good.

You post one fact in this thread and I will eat my shoe.

Then you wouldn't have any shoes, because I posted a dozen or so give or take in my initial OP.

I have since posted more to support those facts even since.

You keep replying to other people about stuff unrelated to the valid points I'm making, that doesn't mean you're constructively contributing to the discussion.

You have only facilitated in the derailment of this thread...

I'm fine with that, it is what you kind of people do on forums.

But yea, I did list quite of few facts, so grab your fork, knife, whatever you need and start chomping away.

Fiox
Sigh you whiners never stop do you

Pyth
Hah, see Pyth? Told ya it works. First impressions and all. These two know nothing about me. No idea of who I really am in the least.

Not too shabby.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Not to mention, one of them out right admitted to being lazy here on the forums. In regards to the 360 patch notes showing only PC related bullet points at the end, because they copy and pasted the patch notes straight from PC.

That happened in the in game client patcher as well. Lol.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:21 AM
The problem with these fanboys is they have no standards. I don't know when they came into MMOs but I started playing them around EQ and I played FFXI for five years.

Sure, those games had problems but not nearly like this. And this was 12 years ago. Technology has advanced. There's no reason for this to be as bad as it is.

And no refunds on ego boosts??? SERIOUSLY? Someone paid good money for a boost that was wasted during mainenance and all Trion has to say is "All sales are final".

This game is a shameless cash grab at best and Zer0 and Omnifarious' standards are so low they don't even see it.

I don't mind that you guys like to play crappy broken lagged out games, but I don't.

marshy
05-25-2013, 10:22 AM
The game is broke and its now becoming a ghost town

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Not too shabby.
Lol, fastest I've ever gotten the "Block them" response before. Totally off topic here, Was thinking of putting the Browncoats into my sig, but that might make it too much of a clutter. What do you think? Sig pic, or line of text referencing the clan?

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 10:25 AM
The problem with these fanboys is they have no standards. I don't know when they came into MMOs but I started playing them around EQ and I played FFXI for five years.

Sure, those games had problems but not nearly like this. And this was 12 years ago. Technology has advanced. There's no reason for this to be as bad as it is.

And no refunds on ego boosts??? SERIOUSLY? Someone paid good money for a boost that was wasted during mainenance and all Trion has to say is "All sales are final".

This game is a shameless cash grab at best and Zer0 and Omnifarious' standards are so low they don't even see it.

I don't mind that you guys like to play crappy broken lagged out games, but I don't.

Again, it's not the fact that other MMOs or other games have problems like Defiance.

On the contrary, I've seen worse problems on other MMOs/Games then Defiance.

The problem is, here we are 2 months later, many small patches later, 2 game update patches later, and we are still dealing with a boat load of the same problems since Day 1, and even some have said these problems existed since ALPHA....

Most games improve over time, not get worse...... The ones that get worse overtime fail, and shut down their servers.

The ones that improve go on and end up with great games.

That's the problem, not the problems literally....

Pyth
05-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Lol, fastest I've ever gotten the "Block them" response before. Totally off topic here, Was thinking of putting the Browncoats into my sig, but that might make it too much of a clutter. What do you think? Sig pic, or line of text referencing the clan?
Idk, I kind of like that rainbow.

Maybe just a line of text. Good luck making it stand out in that thing though, haha.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:26 AM
I could deal with it if Trion had more honest business practices.

I've never heard of a company not refunding a time based item because of downtime. I mean, this is just crazy to me.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:27 AM

I'm not "blind." I just don't piss and whine every two seconds on the forums. (Well the other day I was...) I've encountered more problems than most people will in the entire life cycle of Defiance, I just report them to the devs, and move on, rather than getting a big riot pitchfork group together on the forums. It's like circle jerking in here with all the QQers QQing it up together, feeding off of each others displeasure with the game.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:27 AM

I played WoW from launch till Mists of Pandaria, Played Ultima Online from 1998 to 2010, City of Heroes for about a year, EQ for about 2, EQ 2 for about 6 months, SWTOR for about 6 months, Rift for about a year, Aion for about 2 years, LoTR Online for about a year.

marshy
05-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Again, it's not the fact that other MMOs or other games have problems like Defiance.

On the contrary, I've seen worse problems on other MMOs/Games then Defiance.

The problem is, here we are 2 months later, many small patches later, 2 game update patches later, and we are still dealing with a boat load of the same problems since Day 1, and even some have said these problems existed since ALPHA....

Most games improve over time, not get worse...... The ones that get worse overtime fail, and shut down their servers.

The ones that improve go on and end up with great games.

That's the problem, not the problems literally....

Your rite in what you say and the devs need to here this so they get there s**t together

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:28 AM

I've never heard of a company not refunding a time based item because of downtime. I mean, this is just crazy to me.

You mean when they gave us a weeks worth of every boost ( amost $100 value) because the server was down for about 12 hours over the course of 3 days?

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Idk, I kind of like that rainbow.

Maybe just a line of text. Good luck making it stand out in that thing though, haha.

I was originally going to go full rainbow, but sigs here can only be 1,000 characters long. Sure ain't a BSN sig. I'd never fit all my BBC code into 1,000 characters. Just to get the name bit at the beginning, I had to make it into a picture, because that alone took the 1,000 characters lol.

marshy
I'm not "blind." I just don't piss and whine every two seconds on the forums. (Well the other day I was...) I've encountered more problems than most people will in the entire life cycle of Defiance, I just report them to the devs, and move on, rather than getting a big riot pitchfork group together on the forums. It's like circle jerking in here with all the QQers QQing it up together, feeding off of each others displeasure with the game.

Why you here now then

Cerveau
I love how its still the same two people adamantly trying to defend this as if we were insulting their honor.

Ridiculous.

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 10:30 AM
I played WoW from launch till Mists of Pandaria, Played Ultima Online from 1998 to 2010, City of Heroes for about a year, EQ for about 2, EQ 2 for about 6 months, SWTOR for about 6 months, Rift for about a year, Aion for about 2 years, LoTR Online for about a year.

Wow... such great points, you're right this thread needs you!

You finished eating your shoe yet?

...don't choke

Your rite in what you say and the devs need to here this so they get there s**t together

Unfortunately all my posts and valid points get buried between the banter and silly arguments that don't even relate much to the point I'm making. LOL

Thanks though.

<3 Forums!

Cerveau
Why you here now then

This and truth.

piercehead
What's the point in having a perk that reloads my stowed away weapon, when I can't even stow it away.

Now this is just ignorance. The perk reloads your stowed weapon alright - that's the gun you aren't currently holding, your secondary weapon; the one that's, y'know, stowed...

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Wow... such great points, you're right this thread needs you!

You finished eating your shoe yet?

...don't choke I was responded to your boyfriend/bodyguard questioning the amount of MMO I have played.

I said I'd eat a shoe if you posted just one FACT in this thread, yet you still haven't.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:32 AM
What a dunce... do you understand what I meant by stowed away?

So I shoot my gun, I run out of ammo, I try to stow it away so it'll reload while I'm shooting my secondary weapon, but guess what, I can't because of lag.

Oh and then, I can't even shoot, oh and then, I can't even move, oh and then, I time out.

Ignorance alright.

mbergeron
05-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Can you guys name any other mmo tied to 3 different platforms and content restrictions due to a tv show? Defiance is trying to run on 2 old console technologies which may or may not be able to handle them. the game has come very far from where it was day one and they continue to fix and add more stuff to the game.

It is not as broken as most people want to make it sound.

zer0boy

So I shoot my gun, I run out of ammo, I try to stow it away so it'll reload while I'm shooting my secondary weapon, but guess what, I can't because of lag.

Oh and then, I can't even shoot, oh and then, I can't even move, oh and then, I time out.

Ignorance alright.
It reloads it doesn't generate ammo. You have to have ammo for the weapon for it to work.

Cerveau
And I tried to contact support... but guess what, that's broken too.

Go ahead and try it. It'll 404 on you.

Great support.

Cerveau
Can you guys name any other mmo tied to 3 different platforms and content restrictions due to a tv show? Defiance is trying to run on 2 old console technologies which may or may not be able to handle them. the game has come very far from where it was day one and they continue to fix and add more stuff to the game.

It is not as broken as most people want to make it sound.

FFXI minus the TV show.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:35 AM
And when I played FFXI, I triple boxed it on my PC, PS2 and Xbox. Not a single problem on either.

This is simply incompetence.

zer0boy
05-25-2013, 10:36 AM
FFXI minus the TV show.

You gonna try to say FF XI wasn't broken? Now I know you didn't play that game on the PS2 or 360.

Gratty
05-25-2013, 10:38 AM
You mean when they gave us a weeks worth of every boost ( amost $100 value) because the server was down for about 12 hours over the course of 3 days?

That would have been great, however, that does not affect their profits whatsoever. People were still stacking onto that free boost, and still continue to buy boost. On top of that, people do not get reimbursed for the excessive server downtimes. I do not even buy boosts, but I find it unfair for those that do. No QQ here, just statements.

Pyth
And I tried to contact support... but guess what, that's broken too.

Go ahead and try it. It'll 404 on you.

Great support.
Yeah, that's kind of a joke in it's own right. You have to jump through techinical hoops or use IE.

But I think they kind of like it that way. Then the support lines won't be as congested and wait times can remain at a low 45 minutes. Literally have felt like throwing my ****ing computer out the window having to wait on their support.

mbergeron
FFXI minus the TV show.

Well not the same thing since the show has a lot to do with the defiance release time and the fact that they can't release any new large content because of show restrictions. if it was just released today I am sure it would have the same problems.

piercehead
05-25-2013, 10:40 AM

Ignorance alright.

Fair enough, sounded like you were unclear on the perk. You clearly do have some mighty bad lag and server timeout issues and deserve a rant.

I've been all good in that department (on PC). Never experienced not being able to switch weapons or move etc.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah because the game works so well I wanted to Live Chat and tell them how much I like it but you know...

Live Chat is working so well too.

Check it out.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/HtomSirveaux/trionsucks.png

And you know I could always just ask a question but I'm afraid my question will only be "Why does this game have to suck so much?"

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I was responded to your boyfriend/bodyguard questioning the amount of MMO I have played.

I said I'd eat a shoe if you posted just one FACT in this thread, yet you still haven't.

First of all who cares about the amount of yours or his MMO experience...

To be honest all you have done so far is reply to Cerveau who is also missing the point of my thread and glossing over the valid points and ruining my argument.

I appreciate his enthusiasm though.

But hey, you want facts, I have indeed listed many...

I went over my replies and compiled them just for you.

This game is going on 2 months, not only have the DEV Team proven they are incompetent, their body of work proves that. We are still dealing with big time issues since Day 1. Key aspects of the game, aspects that was supposed to make this game great and set it apart. They're broken!!!

At this point TRION has yet to fix any of the big ticket items, in fact they claim to be releasing patches/big game updates to address alot of those big ticket items, and yet they're still broken.

In fact all I've seen they are capable of doing without messing it up is improving their cash cow the DEFIANCE STORE.

It's not the fact that Defiance has problems...

It's not the fact that other games at launch had problems...

The thing that sets DEFIANCE and TRION aside from those other games, is for the most part the DEV Teams instil trust to the community in that they are capable of fixing the issues, working out the kinks, and eventually building to a great game.

Trion has fallen short on this and quite frankly hasn't earned my trust... I have zero faith in Trion's Dev Team or lack there of, and zero confidence that things will get fixed.

Look at the body of work, look at the facts....

...there's the key facts I have brought up

By my count, I'd say there's a few there to keep you busy eating your shoes, again... don't choke!

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Fair enough, sounded like you were unclear on the perk. You clearly do have some mighty bad lag and server timeout issues and deserve a rant.

I've been all good in that department (on PC). Never experienced not being able to switch weapons or move etc.

I appreciate the fact that you responded like you did. I'm on PS3. Check out their forums. Lost of people are having the same issues.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Why you here now then

Trolling! Why else?

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:48 AM
Welp, seeing as how Live Chat is broken and the only thing I can do to let them know about my problems is post here or ask a question,

I asked the question: Can I have my money back?

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:48 AM
Yeah, that's kind of a joke in it's own right. You have to jump through techinical hoops or use IE.

But I think they kind of like it that way. Then the support lines won't be as congested and wait times can remain at a low 45 minutes. Literally have felt like throwing my ****ing computer out the window having to wait on their support.I tried the other day, 2 and a half hours... Forgot I was online with support, and missed my chance to talk with them.

Pyth
05-25-2013, 10:49 AM
I tried the other day, 2 and a half hours... Forgot I was online with support, and missed my chance to talk with them.

Holy **** man, I don't even want to think what I'd do if I saw a 2 1/2 hour timer.

I'd go all internet tough guy on my house. Kicking walls and punching couch cushions.

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Trolling! Why else?

lol I appreciate your honesty and the fact you are good at what you do.

Atleast you have a goal, you have an agenda that you're following through on.

Some people just don't have any clue at all.

Kudos!

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Well not the same thing since the show has a lot to do with the defiance release time and the fact that they can't release any new large content because of show restrictions. if it was just released today I am sure it would have the same problems.

That's the best response you have when I shut down your argument? LOL

"If it was released today I am sure it would have the same problems." What an assumption.

And for the record FFXI was released on PS2, PS3, Xbox, and PC. There was a period for maybe two days where there were disconnects when zoning but that was once out of FIVE years.

This game is two months old... and its having these kinds of problems.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:52 AM
I love how its still the same two people adamantly trying to defend this as if we were insulting their honor.

Ridiculous. Oh these kinds of responses are the best! Adamantly trying to defend the game? Where did I defend it? WHERE?

Rexx Havoc
05-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Everyone at Trion, the 20% left, all have crayon in their teeth!!!

Everyone that thinks this kinda thing is normal or acceptable all have crayon in their teeth too!

Defiance's game audience, I think will stick around "off & on" until Destiny comes out... And if Bungie pays attention to Defiance's faults, then it could be a huge success.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 10:54 AM
lol I appreciate your honesty and the fact you are good at what you do.

Atleast you have a goal, you have an agenda that you're following through on.

Some people just don't have any clue at all.

Kudos!

*Cough* Try'n (That's my adopted nickname for Trion) *Cough*

mbergeron
05-25-2013, 10:54 AM
That's the best response you have when I shut down your argument? LOL

"If it was released today I am sure it would have the same problems." What an assumption.

You didn't shutdown my argument, you named a game that was released early in the 360 life cycle unlike defiance which tied to a tv pushed its release date up. Perhaps you should argue my entire point and not pick out a single part that you can make a shallow response towards.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:55 AM
So being tied to a TV show makes it okay to be this bad? Seriously? Why are your standards so low?

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Omni, I'd like to apologize. I had you blocked so I just assumed you were pulling the same crap the other guy was.

Unblocked.

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 10:57 AM
*Cough* Try'n (That's my adopted nickname for Trion) *Cough*

lol Well although you've successfully helped to derail this thread which started out valid with good points...

I know I should be mad about it, but I'm not. It's forums afterall.... lol

I appreciate your honesty and your drive to do what you do though. One thing I can't stand is fake *** people.... You've been consistent the entire troll.

The other dude seems to be gone, I sure hope he hasn't choked on a shoe!?!?!? lol

mbergeron
05-25-2013, 10:59 AM
So being tied to a TV show makes it okay to be this bad? Seriously? Why are your standards so low?

When people bash the game for various reasons they seem to always forget that this game isn't one platform nor is it following any sdort of video game norm with content. We have to wait to see new stuff because of a tv show and along with to air. I don't know why you think my standards are low, but I do realize that a game like this is a massive undertaking that will take time to work through and for the 2 months that it has been out has had a lot of fixes and is running much smoother then when it was released.

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 11:00 AM
I'd like to make one thing clear. I really liked this game when I bought it. I bought it April 30th and when I first started playing I was really impressed with how well the servers and my PS3 handled the tons of people at Arkfalls.

But with each successive patch it gets worse and worse until finally, today it is completely unplayable.

RedViktor
05-25-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm still amazed they managed to pull it off in the firstplace!

a 3rd person shooter.... MMO..... on a console? and that console is the 360? That's just amazing even if it does lag!

I agree it has problems as I have experienced them myelf, but the majority seem to be attributed to lag. I refuse to believe that it is just the servers and bugs that are at fault here. I think the hardware the game is running on might.. you know, be struggling to keep up with it all? I think Trion have done a good job, but were a bit too ambitious. Should have waited for the PS4 and Xbox 1. (would have made an epic launch title)
Bad timing. Of course this is just my opinion, I have no actual evidence to support this only hypothesis...

The framerate drops cannot soley be attributed to lag, but seem like slowdown to me.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 11:01 AM
In all honesty though, this is quite the train wreck of a game if I do say so myself. I've lost, lets see here, 32 items now? (Hey Pyth, those shotgun parts you sold me? Gone, support didn't give them back either...)

So, as an example of just one thing. They had scopes, they worked, the introduced a patch to fix things completely unrelated to scopes, (P 1.010) the side effect? It reversed their accuracy, they tried to fix them. First fix, screwed up the numbers of scopes, causing confusion. Second fix, they tried to revert the numbers to what they were supposed to be, it kind of worked and fixed the tool tips, and they didn't get all the scopes in that patch. The side effect? All scopes that previous used the "marksman" scope image, were overlapped with the "Sharpshooter" scope image. (This is why when you buy an assault scope, or a commando scope, or a stabilization scope, they all look the same when you scope in with them. They tried to fix it yet again, and only managed to slip in a fix for sniper rifles, which of course, caused any weapon with a - accuracy bonus, or -accuracy scope to have PERFECT aim/zero bloom when fired from the hip... I swear, DO THEY NOT HAVE A QA DEPARTMENT?!

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Omni, I'd like to apologize. I had you blocked so I just assumed you were pulling the same crap the other guy was.

Unblocked. :D Thank you. I'll stop trolling now. lol

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 11:03 AM
If they could fix the timeouts and the fact that I can't change weapons or reload... you know, I'd probably be playing. After the third disconnect today, I've had enough.

And the worst part is, they released this stupid update on a Friday instead Tuesday like most other MMOs so now that its Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, we probably won't see this addressed until Tuesday which is really poor.

Pyth
05-25-2013, 11:04 AM
In all honesty though, this is quite the train wreck of a game if I do say so myself. I've lost, lets see here, 32 items now? (Hey Pyth, those shotgun parts you sold me? Gone, support didn't give them back either...)

Ouch, sorry to hear that bud. But I got a Heavy Scattergun with a damage barrel and hip fire mod that I'll let you have next time I see you on. It's just gonna cost you 60,000 Salvage to remove them.

I would, but I'm still trying to put one mod on one of my other weapons. Gonna cost me 120,000 Salvage. That's like two days of playing for me to add one mod...

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 11:05 AM

So, as an example of just one thing. They had scopes, they worked, the introduced a patch to fix things completely unrelated to scopes, (P 1.010) the side effect? It reversed their accuracy, they tried to fix them. First fix, screwed up the numbers of scopes, causing confusion. Second fix, they tried to revert the numbers to what they were supposed to be, it kind of worked and fixed the tool tips, and they didn't get all the scopes in that patch. The side effect? All scopes that previous used the "marksman" scope image, were overlapped with the "Sharpshooter" scope image. (This is why when you buy an assault scope, or a commando scope, or a stabilization scope, they all look the same when you scope in with them. They tried to fix it yet again, and only managed to slip in a fix for sniper rifles, which of course, caused any weapon with a - accuracy bonus, or -accuracy scope to have PERFECT aim/zero bloom when fired from the hip... I swear, DO THEY NOT HAVE A QA DEPARTMENT?!

Why in the world, having dealt with all this, would you troll the poor souls that are having the same problems? WHY!?

You had me so buttmad its not even funny. Well, that's not true, I'm laughing as I type this.

Quatermass
05-25-2013, 11:05 AM

At which the rate you're either having to RELOG because boosters are disappearing, combined with the disconnects and server boots, combined with it now freezing your console, this game has officially become unplayable for me.

I know others have claimed it to be unplayable before, but I haven't experienced everything they were claiming, well today it's happened.

Has anyone else been having these issues?

So I ask again, what did the patch and the 13+ hours of downtime actually fix?

The answer is: Nothing!

All I see is cosmetic tweeks... Like adding colors to Lock Boxes, moving the Log Out option, adding the Time/Date below the mini map... Really? That's all you guys got?

I see big improvements and additions to the Store....

At this point I am starting to see this game for what it really is...

To think I trusted TRION and bought into their Bit Promotion for this weekend, now I'm fully regretting it and at this point I've had it and very very close to cutting my losses with this game and moving on.

Just astonished at the level of incompetence with the DEV Team here, or what's left of it atleast.

Go ahead and let the blind fan boys and "Glass Half Full" people chime in and say the same lines...
-The game has only been out XXXXXX.
-Every game has issues.....
-Can I have your stuff?
-You're just complaining, patience....

To those comments I say this:

We've now gotten many small patches, 2 big game update patches, and yet alot of us are becoming broken records with constantly reporting the same issues over and over again.

I've been patient, I have been singing Trion's praises like the rest for quite a long time, as of recent days with all the news of their layoffs, all the news of these big patches, the extended down times, the constant proof that problems aren't being fixed and instead everything's beeing nerfed and more is being broken...

My level of concern has obviously risen... I've played many MMOs/Shared World and other Games. I know that no game is perfect, in fact most games never reach "Perfect".

But what is consistent about alot of those games is that the DEV Team instills trust to the community as they prove they can fix things over time, they can improve on their game over time, and give back compensation for all our patient and loyalty.

I had big time hopes for this game, I really wanted so bad for it to succeed... A Console MMO/Shared World Game!!! FINALLY!!! But seriously, I'm no longer blind due to it's potential and it's innovation, TRION is seriously driving this game into the ground in an amazingly efficient fashion.

Anyone else finally to that breaking point? :confused:

So we are to feel sorry for you that you did not like the game?
All these mediawhore.s...
Why don't you just quit playing the game?
I have quit many games and not once did I go and do a "feel so sorry for me that that I bought a game I didn't like" post before I quit the game.

So quit the game we will not miss you.

Like a small child craving for attention......

Cerveau
05-25-2013, 11:07 AM
I have quit many games and not once did I go and do a "feel so sorry for me that that I bought a game I didn't like" post before I quit the game.

You say that now until you're the only one playing.

MrRotten
05-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Well off to work guys...

To be honest, that's what I got fired up about...

Up before the Patch, I have been able to buy Bits, buy Boosters, put money into the game as a way of me having TRUST and Confidence with TRION and the DEV Team... saying hey, I do plan to play no matter the issues as I trust you guys will iron out the kinks.

I wanted to get in some quests as I've now repeated the Main Mission line for the 4th time.

Then I figured, Freight Yard is up for once, let's start knocking out those pursuits....

Then with the NORMAL Relogging to get your Text to work, or to bring back your Clan and the Boosters, then adding in the Boots from Freight Yard, and then the Xbox Freezes....

I had enough... I just wanted to play a bit before I went to work, and I couldn't.

I think I've been reasonable with my concern, all the issues and facts I've listed.

I'm still trying my damnest to give them the benefit of the doubt, but my patience is pretty much gone now, and generally when it's gone I'm gone.

One person brought up the point I also have been making.

A Console FPS Shared World/MMO whatever you want to call it... That's innovating! That's ground breaking!!! Never done before...

I knew there would be problems, I knew it was going to have a ton of issues... especially for all the platforms they came out on.

So I had a ton of patience for the game and the willingness to hang on strong....

But the big thing I keep harkening back on:

2 months later, many small patches later, 2 big game updates later, and we're still having alot of these discussions. Really?

If this makes me a complainer, if this makes me a troll... so be it.

*drops the mic

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Why in the world, having dealt with all this, would you troll the poor souls that are having the same problems? WHY!?

You had me so buttmad its not even funny. Well, that's not true, I'm laughing as I type this.
Because I know I can always get a laugh out of people after the fact. And that's what I live for, teh laughs. lol I have a knack for being able to piss people off, and then somehow magically become their friends. It's how me and Vyln117 became friends, I SUPER trolled him on the BSN. (Bioware Social Network) It was a glorious back and forth of testosterone and anger. When it was all said and done, we were some how best friends. XD

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Ouch, sorry to hear that bud. But I got a Heavy Scattergun with a damage barrel and hip fire mod that I'll let you have next time I see you on. It's just gonna cost you 60,000 Salvage to remove them.

I would, but I'm still trying to put one mod on one of my other weapons. Gonna cost me 120,000 Salvage. That's like two days of playing for me to add one mod...Hey thanks Pyth, I really appreciate it!

diggergig
05-25-2013, 11:18 AM

That even legal? Dayem, that's...that's just...wrong.

Rasczak
05-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Not to mention you are speaking of a rumor that Trion denied.

Trion did not deny a significant number of layoffs. Trion denied the IGN number of 80% of the staff being laid off.

Huge difference.

z_buzz
05-25-2013, 11:38 AM

You fanboys are all alike. You're so willing to rip into anyone that puts down you're game.

His post wasn't a "feel so sorry for me that that I bought a game I didn't like" post.

He bought the game with high hopes, thinking that it would be a real winner, like the rest of us, and in the course of 2 months it has gone even further downhill than when it first released. For cripes sake, Arkfalls, events that the entire lore of the game AND the series are built around, are STILL bugged. I personally played one last night that bugged out.

And to say "just quit the game" is unacceptable as well. Why should he, or anyone else that feels the same, quit? We spent the money to buy the game, and in some cases even spent money on bits (I did to purchase more inventory). We're not asking for a perfect MMO experience, just one we can enjoy. We deserve to not have to deal with such large issues as currently plague this game.

His rant is more than justified.

conquererspledge
05-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the internet, where everyone is an expert and no one wants to do any work.

marshy
05-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Most of the time on the EU servers its like a ghost town people are leaving. What's the America server like?
Devs sort this game out and start adding things coz there isn't jack **** to do

Fiox
05-25-2013, 11:59 AM
US is fine population wise compolaing is fine when its done in a constructive manner but crap this is just that crap that helps no one because no one cares about op or people who whine incessantly like this is the bigges pos game ever made (A little hint it isn't) in EVERY mmo you poieple like this blowing every little thing out of proportion like ti the end of the world for them like they live breath and sleep the game and if its not perfect their dying.

I've been gaming since I was 6 mario duck hunt and chip n dale rescue rangers on nes were my first games. Patience is virtue most people don't have nowadays it clear no matter what forums you go to the VERY vocal minority of the population never shuts up about this crap. It even happened in WOW at launch too bad this is a first time something like this gets done and we have to suffer through the early beginnings of what could be another big thing to come to gaming if its successful. Which means were in for a pretty rocky I'd say 2-3 more months before it is stable.

So my advice is chill out and come back when your calm or your willing ot try defiance cause its b2p you dont have to worry about any payment you dont have to quit just take a break and come back I did for like a week working on SO4 post game dungeons. I literally no life the game when I do play and I ain't even mad right now patch 1.02 was good all patches bring in new bugs ALL of them. I have good faith that after patch 1.02 the patches will get much better and less buggy especially if their hiring new guys.

Rikomi
05-25-2013, 12:02 PM
So here is how my Defiance day went yesterday:

Sends support ticket for not being able to switch to competitive outfits. Still open today.
Tried Freight Yard, got 12/1 score, didn't crash or disconnect and it was really fun.
Got gold at dodge racer event, which was really fun cause our clan mates tried it at the same time so we were racing each other.
Did 4 contracts successfully but had to equip my last perk 6 times.
Did 4 player clan coop successfully but had to equip my last perk once.
EXODUS had a clan event where we tried to get 15+ clan members to do arkfalls and shadow wars.
Clan voice chat dies out, only text shows. While we all get organized, everyone looks like a survivalist clone.
Queue Shadow Wars @ SanFran, invisible people hitting me, got 3/1 score because I spent the entire game looking for a ammo cache, which the only 1 available was at [A], the enemies main capture point (balanced?)
We all decide to do a major Arkfall, destroy 1 crystal, go to the next one but it doesn't spawn leaving the Arkfall unbeatable.
I rage log, won't return until there's new content or until things get properly fixed.
Made a mental note before going to bed to never play another MMO again.

Daholic
05-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Most of the time on the EU servers its like a ghost town people are leaving. What's the America server like?
Devs sort this game out and start adding things coz there isn't jack **** to do

If the EU servers are a ghost town, then ill assume they know a good mo when they see one. Some people don't need x-amout of time to see how a game works out.

baelrusk
05-25-2013, 12:04 PM
US is fine population wise compolaing is fine when its done in a constructive manner but crap this is just that crap that helps no one because no one cares about op or people who whine incessantly like this is the bigges pos game ever made (A little hint it isn't) in EVERY mmo you poieple like this blowing every little thing out of proportion like ti the end of the world for them like they live breath and sleep the game and if its not perfect their dying.

I've been gaming since I was 6 mario duck hunt and chip n dale rescue rangers on nes were my first games. Patience is virtue most people don't have nowadays it clear no matter what forums you go to the VERY vocal minority of the population never shuts up about this crap. It even happened in WOW at launch too bad this is a first time something like this gets done and we have to suffer through the early beginnings of what could be another big thing to come to gaming if its successful. Which means were in for a pretty rocky I'd say 2-3 more months before it is stable.

So my advice is chill out and come back when your calm or your willing ot try defiance cause its b2p you dont have to worry about any payment you dont have to quit just take a break and come back I did for like a week working on SO4 post game dungeons. I literally no life the game when I do play and I ain't even mad right now patch 1.02 was good all patches bring in new bugs ALL of them. I have good faith that after patch 1.02 the patches will get much better and less buggy especially if their hiring new guys.

We hope that the patches will improve.
The problem is that there has been little shown from patience.
And people are really losing trust in them because of the track record so far.

marshy
05-25-2013, 12:07 PM
US is fine population wise compolaing is fine when its done in a constructive manner but crap this is just that crap that helps no one because no one cares about op or people who whine incessantly like this is the bigges pos game ever made (A little hint it isn't) in EVERY mmo you poieple like this blowing every little thing out of proportion like ti the end of the world for them like they live breath and sleep the game and if its not

Thing is how many people will stick around for another 2-3 months when the game is getting no better?? We're 2 months in and still have day one bugs wtf

RedViktor
05-25-2013, 12:16 PM
I think they are doing a good job considering they have limited time to implement patches. MMOs are by nature a lot more organic than your standard box games. It's much harder to fix something without having an impact upon another element.

The fact that they ARE TRYING TO FIX IT is the most important thing! They could just give up the ghost and shut down the servers now they have everyones 'non refundable' money. Guess what... they havn't.

It is infuriating that a great game like this doesn't function at optimum capacity, but I think bug and error reports to Trion would be infinately more beneficial than ranting incessantly to your fellow players i.e people who cannot do anything a all about it. Just my opinion.

marshy
05-25-2013, 12:20 PM
I think they are doing a good job considering they have limited time to implement patches. MMOs are by nature a lot more organic than your standard box games. It's much harder to fix something without having an impact upon another element.

The fact that they ARE TRYING TO FIX IT is the most important thing! They could just give up the ghost and shut down the servers now they have everyones 'non refundable' money. Guess what... they havn't.

It is infuriating that a great game like this doesn't function at optimum capacity, but I think bug and error reports to Trion would be infinately more beneficial than ranting incessantly to your fellow players i.e people who cannot do anything a all about it. Just my opinion.

Bug reports have been going in and guess what a load of patches later not a single one fixed

Fiox
05-25-2013, 12:22 PM
How many new ideas get tried in gaming nowadays its been 0 for a long time and it needs to change when something that hasn't been done before starts its gonna take awhile till it flows like clockwotk.

Fiox
05-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Thing is how many people will stick around for another 2-3 months when the game is getting no better?? We're 2 months in and still have day one bugs wtf

So you can see the future and know its not gonna be better really please tell me exactly how when and where tis gonna just fail since you know all

conquererspledge
05-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Yeah this game is a crime against humanity. Down with trion. Boooooo

marshy
05-25-2013, 12:24 PM
How many new ideas get tried in gaming nowadays its been 0 for a long time and it needs to change when something that hasn't been done before starts its gonna take awhile till it flows like clockwotk.

True but time is not on there side people are leaving new games with more potential are coming out. I do not want this game to fail that's why am here venting frustration for the game to improve

Fiox
05-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Thats tough **** for us we have to wait it out sucks being the first one take a chance on something new but once it pays of its so rewarding.

marshy
05-25-2013, 12:29 PM
So you can see the future and know its not gonna be better really please tell me exactly how when and where tis gonna just fail since you know all

You don't have to predict the future to see where it's going new players have things to do day one players don't. Word of mouth there not getting many new players go to mount tam and see for yourself and day one players leaving coz there's nothing to do and the game still has day one bugs

Wraieth
05-25-2013, 12:30 PM

Fact is it realy makes no diffrence how much time goes into small medium or large bugs.Its why they work on them behind the scenes its why the test them before launching. It is thier jobs to do these things..

So who's falt is it whent hey release **** that is supposed to be fixed or claimed to be fixed yet is still broken???THIERS.

It is also thier fault for not releasing the content they hyped to hell and back before the game launched. Not ours we did our part we played beta. We reported the bugs hell even when that wasnt fixed we bought the game..

So now its time they hold up thier end and fix the **** and give us the content that is supposed to be here.

marshy
05-25-2013, 12:31 PM
By day one players I mean people who had the game from launch (daredevils)

Fiox
05-25-2013, 12:31 PM
I see plenty of people on depends on what shard your on. I haven't really seen a decline in ps3 since I've started playing defiance still seems as active as ever. Maybe I'm lucky and keep getting in populated servers who knows and Day one players have plenty to do their just too lazy to do it.

XFistsClenchedX
05-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Trion is NOT doing a good job. Their PVP is the worst multiplayer on the 360. They appear to have nerfed my sawed-off shotgun and my grenades for no reason, and at the same time made the rest of the shotguns people use more powerful so now I am killed instantly by invisible shotgun ******* more now than before the patch. Trion sucks. I can only hope that Trion goes under. With products like this, they certainly deserve to.

marshy
05-25-2013, 12:38 PM
I see plenty of people on depends on what shard your on. I haven't really seen a decline in ps3 since I've started playing defiance still seems as active as ever. Maybe I'm lucky and keep getting in populated servers who knows and Day one players have plenty to do their just too lazy to do it.

I'm on ps3 EU and play at peak times and its not buzzing like it was at the launch. Please tell me what you think there is to do I'm ego 2557 and apart from some pursuits I will never do like 5000 kills with a sniper or ego master or the poor pvp after that big fat nothing

marshy
05-25-2013, 12:43 PM
They can't even give us a date for DLC

Fiox
05-25-2013, 12:49 PM
dlc is june

marshy
05-25-2013, 12:53 PM
dlc is june

Link please

RedViktor
05-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Bug reports have been going in and guess what a load of patches later not a single one fixed

hmmm sounds like WoW all over again,
I will admit that they (Trion) are handling this as though they have never produced an MMO before...
They have a lot more experience in the field than Blizzard did at the start, yet their input does appear amateurish by comparison.

It's not like it's the FIRST EVER console MMO, DCUO on PS3, still going strong. Lets not forget FFXI either!
Could be the lack of monthly subscription making Trion lazy?

Fiox
05-25-2013, 01:01 PM
its the next thing to drop after sieges common sense you don't need a link

marshy
05-25-2013, 01:06 PM
hmmm sounds like WoW all over again,
I will admit that they (Trion) are handling this as though they have never produced an MMO before...
They have a lot more experience in the field than Blizzard did at the start, yet their input does appear amateurish by comparison.

It's not like it's the FIRST EVER console MMO, DCUO on PS3, still going strong. Lets not forget FFXI either!
Could be the lack of monthly subscription making Trion lazy?

To true the game at the moment across all platforms is not profitable it had very poor sales

marshy
05-25-2013, 01:07 PM
its the next thing to drop after sieges common sense you don't need a link

The way everything else has gone do you really trust them

RedViktor
05-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Please tell me what you think there is to do I'm ego 2557 and apart from some pursuits I will never do like 5000 kills with a sniper or ego master or the poor pvp after that big fat nothing

Off topic, but a good point. Does not seem very much point playing if you don't at least see some fruit from all of your lablours so to speak. Doesn't seem as well thought out as say WoW where you reach 85 (or 90 or a gazzillion or whatever it is now) you can still grind for armour and PvP gear etc. I hope they add more stuff in the June DLC!

Also, 2 races? that sucks! Also only 2 slots for customising outfits? that is terrible!! I know it's a shooter, but RPG elements are what makes an MMO deep and re-playable! Sorry rant over, back to moaning about glitches, bugs and lag... wow, sounds bleak!

zer0boy
08-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Hey I was right, people still play this game everyday. Even on the lowly 360 it is far from a ghost town.

TheStigsCousin
08-25-2015, 07:59 PM
You had to dig up a very dead, rotting, 2 year old post to tell us this? lol

Keziah
08-25-2015, 08:33 PM

This isn't new for PS3 users. It's been with us for months now. :(

EDIT: Didn't realize this thread was so old. LOL!