PDA

View Full Version : Titles on hidden vendors...

T_Archangel
05-25-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm sure there's many players who have found the titles on the hidden vendors, but apparently I haven't. Can someone that has found these let me know of the locations of the vendors that sell them? Much appreciated...

Misfit501
05-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Caretaker Cabin and Hermit's Hideaway.

Biznatchio
05-25-2013, 12:08 PM
be aware that someone creating for these names for Trion was not culturally sensitive

Spanish: Chango - slang
Literal Meaning: monkey

This is not said to someone in a humorous way. I am not aware of it being used in a positive way- then again maybe its been taken back like then "N" word has in the black community.

crashtestgamer
05-25-2013, 12:25 PM
be aware that someone creating for these names for Trion was not culturally sensitive

This is not said to someone in a humorous way. I am not aware of it being used in a positive way- then again maybe its been taken back like then "N" word has in the black community.

Where are you from that chango is only used in a negative way? I have lived all over southern California, Arizona and northern Mexico and chango is normally used to describe a energetic kid or someone you know who is tall and gangly.

Biznatchio
05-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Where are you from that chango is only used in a negative way? I have lived all over southern California, Arizona and northern Mexico and chango is normally used to describe a energetic kid or someone you know who is tall and gangly.

Was used to refer to blacks - like I said maybe its changed ands used differently in some areas or it was never used that way for you but it has roots in being negative in some areas.

Space_Monky
05-25-2013, 01:13 PM
hmm, i always knew the word to be of hispanic origin and not necessarily derogatory.
i figured they were using it as a votan word that we don't know the definition of yet...

Misfit501
05-29-2013, 10:26 AM
I believe that Chango is also the Voodoo god of fire, thunder,and power, but I could be wrong about that. Have absolutely no idea what Yelanda Nanggo is though.

ROMAN42O
06-22-2013, 06:09 PM
I believe that Chango is also the Voodoo god of fire, thunder,and power, but I could be wrong about that. Have absolutely no idea what Yelanda Nanggo is though.

You are right but in this case changing means http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changos

ROMAN42O
06-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Chango fcuking spell check

Muffins
06-22-2013, 06:13 PM
For the titles in the hidden vendors, they're at the very very bottom of the list.

Nyako
06-22-2013, 06:28 PM

In some African / Caribbean religious circles, Chango (also pronounced and spelled Shango) is a god of fire, lightning and thunder in the Yoruba religion and is revered as an Orisha. Orisha's are gods of a pantheon religious system that usually Voodoo, Santeria, and other African based religions acknowledge as gods. (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shango ). Also in Santeria especially, the god Shango is referred to as a king and a great warrior (Source: http://cubanyoruba.blogspot.com/2007/05/shango.html ).

I'm not sure if the original designers intended this of the game, but if they did... WOOT! because I love the African references in the game.

Another reference that is African based in the game is the Ekaru Predator armor. The name Ekaru is a place in Kenya, Africa that is a settlement in the central province (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekaru ).

Sorry for all the wikipedia citations, but I can also find other sources for this. The only title thus far I've found that I don't know where comes from is the title Yelanda Nanggo. Does anyone know its meaning?