PDA

View Full Version : What comes with the Defiance Ultimate Edition at gamestop?

Davidm
01-11-2013, 05:16 PM
What comes with the Defiance Ultimate Edition at gamestop?

Retsopmi
01-11-2013, 05:22 PM
What comes with the Defiance Ultimate Edition at gamestop?

If it doesn't list it, then no one knows. Means they haven't announced what it has.

Heartnet
01-11-2013, 05:39 PM
im guessing 100$ of in game content.. probz a few gun skins... poster... you can imagine what goes into a collectors eddition.. doesnt really change from game to game imo

Terrier
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM
the gamestop edition is an additional 50 dollars. The 99 dollar one is the regular CE, the GSCE is 150.

KingMike
01-16-2013, 10:11 AM
No reason to pump out that kind of money since nothing is announced. Keep your hard earned cash until they state what comes with different boxes.

Just my 2 cents rambling here :)

-M

Voodeux
01-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Or just do what I did. I know I'm going to buy the game. So I went to game stop and put down 50 bucks to pre-order the collectors edition. If when the information is released with what is included and I decide its not worth it, i'll simply move that cash over to the standard or the regular CE edition.

Fiancee
01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
My guess it has something to do with Syfy fans. No way it makes sense otherwise, new IP and Trion World is new company. Maybe if they're lucky some long time Rift player could buy it.

DiRtDoGg
01-16-2013, 01:27 PM
No reason to pump out that kind of money since nothing is announced. Keep your hard earned cash until they state what comes with different boxes.

Just my 2 cents rambling here :)

-M

Im DiRtDoGg and I approve of this message

Manstan
01-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Wonder what everyone that preordered will do if this is released F2P with micro payments?

Don't laugh, any one know how Turbine screwed LOTRO players that preorded RoR, when half of what was supposed to be there wasn't in it at release and they were later told, it would be a separate charge.

I don't preorder anything.

Hellbudgie
01-16-2013, 02:10 PM
I've no problem with pre-orders.. but.. not knowig what is even announced sounds a little bit tricky for me.. but.. it's on the wishlist ^^
Hope we'll get more intel soon!

P.S.: I've got a even bigger problem.. no pre-order for german customers by now..

Iceman
01-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Or just do what I did. I know I'm going to buy the game. So I went to game stop and put down 50 bucks to pre-order the collectors edition. If when the information is released with what is included and I decide its not worth it, i'll simply move that cash over to the standard or the regular CE edition.

Best solution so far!

Voodeux
01-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Wonder what everyone that preordered will do if this is released F2P with micro payments?

Don't laugh, any one know how Turbine screwed LOTRO players that preorded RoR, when half of what was supposed to be there wasn't in it at release and they were later told, it would be a separate charge.

I don't preorder anything.

I don't know about anyone else but I frankly don't care what they decide to do afterwards. I don't mind putting my money behind a company that I hope will do well. If said company bites me in the *** afterwards I don't mind paying my stupid tax for a lesson learned about X company and don't for all time afterward hold another company accountable for one groups mistake. Also, I'm not poor. Also, thats not a troll please don't give me another infraction.

SkyRobo1
01-17-2013, 07:41 AM
I didn't even know you could start per-ordering it. However if I were you, I would wait till February or march to really be sure if you want whats inside the "Ultimate Edition".

Cappie
01-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Last I checked I haven't been charged for any of the RoR content that wasn't released, Unless you are referring to what came out in the FREE Update 9.

GeneralZOCK
01-17-2013, 12:27 PM
itīs a phenomenon like there is sthn. that is limited and only avaiable at gamestop so anyone says i want to have it and i do not mind the costs =D

DiRtDoGg
01-17-2013, 01:41 PM
yea i will probably end up getting the ultimate edition i just want to know what comes with it.. im more interested in digital items more then physical items

Terrier
01-17-2013, 02:24 PM
yea i will probably end up getting the ultimate edition i just want to know what comes with it.. im more interested in digital items more then physical items

I am normally the same way. HOwever, for this game, I am actually just as interested in the physical items. It is very possible that the TV show will become a cult classic similar to other ones (firefly comes to mind immediately). If that is the case, some of the physical items may actually become memorabilia.

DiRtDoGg
01-17-2013, 02:26 PM
I am normally the same way. HOwever, for this game, I am actually just as interested in the physical items. It is very possible that the TV show will become a cult classic similar to other ones (firefly comes to mind immediately). If that is the case, some of the physical items may actually become memorabilia.

Very good point.. i never thought about that

Hellbudgie
01-17-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I frankly don't care what they decide to do afterwards. I don't mind putting my money behind a company that I hope will do well. If said company bites me in the *** afterwards I don't mind paying my stupid tax for a lesson learned about X company and don't for all time afterward hold another company accountable for one groups mistake. Also, I'm not poor. Also, thats not a troll please don't give me another infraction.

totally agreed!

Guknowit
01-17-2013, 11:19 PM
I would assume anywhere from 3 to 4 useless digital items(pet, useless consumable(s), title, etc), 1 item to slightly enhance your character for early game play and/or possibly a mount. Physical items would include concept art (never fails), map, soundtrack, something lore based in the form of a reading (book, comic, or timeline poster) and a plush or figurine.

This pretty much sums up my CE pre order experience with about every game MMO or not. So don't expect anything groundbreaking or new in this process, I would bet my UCE Defiance pre order that the items I listed will be the items you receive and nothing more if you pre order the UCE. :)

Guknowit
01-17-2013, 11:25 PM
BTW I don't perceive it as a bad thing to get the traditional items I listed, I happen to collect those things, hence the name CE, I just don't want you to be surprised if that's the bulk or all you get. ;)

Terrier
01-18-2013, 06:39 AM
BTW I don't perceive it as a bad thing to get the traditional items I listed, I happen to collect those things, hence the name CE, I just don't want you to be surprised if that's the bulk or all you get. ;)

For the regular CE, sure. The Gamestop special edition is an additional 50 dollars on top of the CE price. The last CE I purchased for this much came with a full sized replica firearm if I am not mistaken, on top of all the standard items.

GeneralZOCK
01-18-2013, 07:06 AM
yeh i also got many Gamestop SPecial Edition and they are worth the money =)

and besides of that i preordered the Ultimate Edition cuz i like surprises @_@ =D

Manstan
01-18-2013, 07:09 AM
Wonder what the preorderers will do when this come out F2P?

GeneralZOCK
01-18-2013, 07:11 AM
it will not come out F2P at all

Manstan
01-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Don't be to sure. many subscription games have went F2P because they can't stay afloat with B2P or subscription. If this comes out buy 2 play they might as well file for bankruptcy now.

Train
01-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Wonder what the preorderers will do when this come out F2P?
There is no way this will come out F2P.... At the least it will be B2P with cash shop options.

GeneralZOCK
01-18-2013, 07:16 AM
yep cuz F2P would be too big loss of money, cuz as you know this is a huge money eating monster project (*lol*) and it need to be satisfied =D

so it will at least be B2P with subscrition option and f2p model with and ingameshop

Dryblood
01-18-2013, 07:21 AM
Hopefully these packs are online too at some point so I don't have to get my lazy butt to some store.

Manstan
01-18-2013, 07:22 AM
yep cuz F2P would be too big loss of money, cuz as you know this is a huge money eating monster project (*lol*) and it need to be satisfied =D

so it will at least be B2P with subscrition option and f2p model with and ingameshop

Well if you are on an Xbox or PS3 would have a choice? You would have to buy to play, right?
But look at all your big MMOs, most are going to F2P, new PC MMOs are coming out F2P. That is because the B2P and subscriptions are no longer profitable.
Personally I have been burnt on preorders and refuse to preorder anything now.

GeneralZOCK
01-18-2013, 07:23 AM
well Dryblood CE & Ultimate may contain physical items like statues or artbooks, and i might be right that itīs bad to print out you statue and pin it on your wall =D

TSVStriFe
01-18-2013, 07:25 AM
LOL Can't even preorder the game here in The netherlands yet.

Manstan
01-18-2013, 07:29 AM
I preorder an app once. $250, saving $150 off release price on the preorder. It was released buggyer then L but I was confident they would fix it. 3 month later they were giving the app away, took me 2 more months to get my money back. Nope I don't preorder anything.

GeneralZOCK
01-18-2013, 07:31 AM
well thats the risk of preordering Manstan =)

but No Risk = No Fun ^^^

thats the way it rolls :P

Terrier
01-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Trion has a solid product in Rift. I believe they will have a solid product in Defiance.
The show will either be wildly popular, or (more likely) it will go the way of other past shows of this genre and fade to a cult classic. The game will more than likely be B2P like planetside and GW2, in which case I get some snazzy physical items to display along side all of the other collectors edition swag from failed games.
If it goes F2P, well, I still supported a company I believe in, and will call it money spent.

Gaming is my hobby and something I spend money on. It is like any other hobby.