PDA

View Full Version : Too many emergencies on the challenger race.

Cytherian
05-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Okay maybe its just me (though I doubt it) I have been trying to complete the "weekend challenge" race more then 6 times now. There are simply TOO MANY emergencies directly in the path of the race. I played this race when was up in the beta and very nearly ( as in 1 second late) made the posted leader board time. However since then the game has added more emergency types and locations. In every instance I have tried the emgencies slow you down just enough to prevent you from getting a gold. I could care less about being on the board as only three people can be and honestly usually they are the first three to hit the fastest possible time. But this is just rediculous especially after reading the patch notes how other races have had emergencies removed to make completing the races easier. If it was a matter of not making the board I wouldn't care. If I could clear all the emergencies and then race, same thing. However since the they respawn almost instanyl the path is littered with them.

FastTravelPaul
05-25-2013, 12:37 PM
I got gold after a few attempts its possible.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Okay maybe its just me (though I doubt it) I have been trying to complete the "weekend challenge" race more then 6 times now. There are simply TOO MANY emergencies directly in the path of the race. I played this race when was up in the beta and very nearly ( as in 1 second late) made the posted leader board time. However since then the game has added more emergency types and locations. In every instance I have tried the emgencies slow you down just enough to prevent you from getting a gold. I could care less about being on the board as only three people can be and honestly usually they are the first three to hit the fastest possible time. But this is just rediculous especially after reading the patch notes how other races have had emergencies removed to make completing the races easier. If it was a matter of not making the board I wouldn't care. If I could clear all the emergencies and then race, same thing. However since the they respawn almost instanyl the path is littered with them.

Let me give you the standard Defiance forum goers response to your trouble:

I did it in a few tries. So can you.
Bible quote about you being a ****.
Hurrdurr you must suck.
But they were driving around in arkfalls! Buuuuhhh.
We never said these would be easy.
****ty glitch and poor programming is a feature.

Good luck getting anyone to care. They can laugh and criticize their way to an empty godamn server.

DOOM996
05-25-2013, 12:44 PM
It was easy, much easier as the last one! Got gold on my first attempt, just saying!

mbergeron
05-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Let me give you the standard Defiance forum goers response to your trouble:

I did it in a few tries. So can you.
Bible quote about you being a ****.
Hurrdurr you must suck.
But they were driving around in arkfalls! Buuuuhhh.
We never said these would be easy.
****ty glitch and poor programming is a feature.

Good luck getting anyone to care. They can laugh and criticize their way to an empty godamn server.

So shouldn't you put your own post in the category. OP just keep trying and you can get it. The only one I found to be a truly annoying problem is a monarch spawn since it destroys the car.

gerben
05-25-2013, 12:48 PM
So shouldn't you put your own post in the category. OP just keep trying and you can get it. The only one I found to be a truly annoying problem is a monarch spawn since it destroys the car.

gold at first time, its not that hard, you can boost all the time :)

BorderlandsWasSchtako
No. I should not. My response was this is clearly broken and something should be done. Immediately. I did not criticize the poor chap and expect him to do better. Some people really do find a giant effing monarch in their way 60 percent of the time. I do not get why you browniehounds are so inconsiderate to your fellow players that you can not find this to be the schtako that it is. Also f the dolar store they do not take responsibility for the workers they injure.

Worldviewsinc

Keep trying...There is a path through them. If you give it a few dry runs first you will work out the route!!!

mbergeron
05-25-2013, 12:51 PM
No. I should not. My response was this is clearly broken and something should be done. Immediately. I did not criticize the poor chap and expect him to do better. Some people really do find a giant effing monarch in their way 60 percent of the time. I do not get why you browniehounds are so inconsiderate to your fellow players that you can not find this to be the schtako that it is. Also f the dolar store they do not take responsibility for the workers they injure.

You are also being inconsiderate calling people browniehounds. You offered the OP no help whatsoever and just made a post that had nothing to do with the OPs problem. While the monarch is an annoyance it is not game breaking and can be avoided, but may take some time to beat it.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 12:53 PM
What help can I offer when the ******* Monarch respawns before you can get back to the race. Why will you people not get this is a developer problem. Believe you me if I had access to the game I would have fixed that guys problem overnight. I respect the guy more than telling himyour broken response of keep trying and do better. Sometimes it is not the fault of the gamer.

mbergeron
05-25-2013, 12:55 PM
What help can I offer when the ******* Monarch respawns before you can get back to the race. Why will you people not get this is a developer problem. Believe you me if I had access to the game I would have fixed that guys problem overnight.

Different emergencies are always spawning not just the monarch one so the OP could also try to complete that emergency and see if that helps, but it is avoidable and the race is possible even with all of the emergencies.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 12:57 PM
...you keep saying that tripe but do not provide a video for how you avoid a monarch parking its hapy *** in between two vehicles. Bueller? Bueller? We are all glad you are so lucky. Some of us have awful luck and have to fight and battle through effing everything.

A s0t
05-25-2013, 01:26 PM
yeah trion doesn't just nerf guns anymore

Nate Murder
05-25-2013, 01:31 PM
What help can I offer when the ******* Monarch respawns before you can get back to the race. Why will you people not get this is a developer problem. Believe you me if I had access to the game I would have fixed that guys problem overnight. I respect the guy more than telling himyour broken response of keep trying and do better. Sometimes it is not the fault of the gamer.

Then go kill the Monarch and then go and restart the race. It's very simple...facepalm...

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Oh um golly gee I never thought of that I must be a total ignoramus huh? FFS I did that first. It came back. Goddamnit.

one_more
05-25-2013, 01:53 PM
They are annoying as hell I agree. It took me about 7 times to finally get gold and I hate driving the Challenger, feels like a ten thousand pound sled with a moped engine that handles like a grocery cart.

Deftallica
05-25-2013, 01:56 PM
From what one of my clan mates was telling me the course is laid out differently than the last time. It seemed to me, if I recall correctly, there was a lot less hilly terrain and a lot of checkpoints stayed on a road. I tried it once (and got gold!) and was fortunate enough to not have a single emergency spawn in my way. I know it happens, though, and I feel for ya.

Last time they ran this challenge I failed miserably in several tries. I had just rented the game and started so my roller skill was low. Maybe 2. On this attempt my roller skill was 11 and I really think that makes all the difference in the world. The boosts you get when the level reward pops up on the screen may seem laughable, but they make a difference as they begin to stack up.

Keep trying, man, you'll get it. If you need a couple more levels in rollers, drive everywhere. Don't fast travel, regardless of distance, and just drive. It'll level up pretty quick.

Malgiliath
05-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Took me about 2hrs of trying to get this one. Had the emergency at the top of the hill as you hit the road section, had the monarch as well and the hell bugs shot launchers. All I would say is keep practicing, you soon get to learn the route and you can do the whole route on boost. Though I would advise lifting the throttle on a couple of the corners so you don't run wide, especially on the barriered sections of the down hill road section.

Don't aim for the exact centre of the markers, you can clip the edges to straight line some of the corners.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Good advice but there is one specific place you can not do that. neAr the end of the lap you must go between two cars and a monarch uses that as her toiler.

Cytherian
05-25-2013, 04:02 PM
For clarifacation I was able to get a gold on the race. However the problem wasnt I couldnt get threw the emrgencies it was that the emergencies made it impossible to get threw the race with a gold. Which they did. I have a gold on every other race and have maxed both runner and roller skills. I simply had to replay this challenge untill I had a run where the emergencies in the track were avoidable. Also not every emergency was avoid able or atleast not in a way that didnt add so much to your time to bump you to silver.

Maximilion
05-25-2013, 04:10 PM
This race, and specifically the nerfed car really did my head in this time around. The last dodge challenge race was pretty easy - I got it after a few goes but this one was really frustrating. The raider roadblocks I don't mind too much - they slow you down but can be avoided. However towards the end of the lap were you go between two trucks a monarch spawns - go anywhere near it and your car explodes! Christ, even going through a bunch of skitterlings is touch and go now - I hit a bunch one lap and my car was flashing red!

One time when my car had just exploded by the monarch I decided to kill it, but that ***** was back the next race. The only way I managed to get gold in the end was when another guy took out the monarch as I approached it. My advise to the OP would be to get someone to stake out that emergency and keep it clear for you.

I really love this game but stuff like this is starting to really irk me - one of the simplest pleasures in the game was driving through a bunch of bugs in the road and squishing them and now we can't even do that. They need to put the cars back the way they were and find another solution to the arkfall drivers if that's really what this is all about.

Turantula
05-25-2013, 04:44 PM

I would agree whole heartedly with this IF no one was getting gold in this race, but a lot of us are. Some get it first try, and some take a few attempts but they did get it. So yes while the monarch is an annoyance its passible, a lot of it is boost and control of your car. In your case maybe it is all programming, but some people just need to get a little better at driving.

Njag
05-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Only problem I really had was the monarch one time.
I've completed the contract of getting gold on the challenge twice with minimal issue.

TBaggins
05-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Yes. I got it first try yesterday, and first try today. I even got the gold medal after slamming into two emergencies blocking the road. Irritating yes... but it does not have to be fixed to achieve your goal

metlhed0
05-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Is there something you have to do to get the car after winning gold? I won gold....no car.

j3s
05-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Is there something you have to do to get the car after winning gold? I won gold....no car.

You have to buy it. There's a Dodge vendor right next to the start of the race.