PDA

View Full Version : 30% damage while cloaked perk isn't working

SilentBob420BMFJ
05-25-2013, 12:26 PM
According to the damage numbers that are popping up, Shadowed Strike does nothing. Can anybody explain why? Since they're damage numbers, and not something like DPS on a character stat sheet, I imagine they're correct. At least, everybody says turn on damage numbers to theorycraft, so ya. So what's going on here? Is it working but not displaying it? If so, then damage numbers can't be relied upon?

SilentBob420BMFJ
05-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Wow, apparently it only works for the shot you come out of cloak with. Damn my build is ****ed now. This whole time I didn't even know, and I had damage numbers on since like my 2nd hour playing the game. I was like why do people even bother with Overcharge, when you can have 30% damage during cloak. Ya, it doesn't work like that.

Seyyah
05-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Yes but,

Assume you were using sniper rifle... you take the shot which leads coming out of stealth... and have your 30%+... then you wait a second to redisappear and take another sniper shot... and you get another 30%+... rinse and repeat...

Lately it does not seem doing so... which is weird...

bigguy
05-25-2013, 01:40 PM
are you sure they didnt lower the percentage.

Omnifarious Xji
05-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Seems fine to me, I can still two shot a Cerberus, which requires me to have shadowed strike. Without it active, I have to take 3 shots.

DrakZorn
07-18-2013, 12:46 PM
According to the damage numbers that are popping up, Shadowed Strike does nothing. Can anybody explain why? Since they're damage numbers, and not something like DPS on a character stat sheet, I imagine they're correct. At least, everybody says turn on damage numbers to theorycraft, so ya. So what's going on here? Is it working but not displaying it? If so, then damage numbers can't be relied upon?

I am having this same issue. I have respecced to try to fix it without success. It doesn't seem to happen for everyone. I wish I knew how to fix it.

KTCAOP
07-18-2013, 02:08 PM
It only counts the shot while you are cloaked.

If you are using an SMG for example, the first shot you fire will bring you out of cloak, but as long as you are decloaked (even though you have the power on and you get a power kill from it), you won't get the additional critical.

cusman
07-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Wow, apparently it only works for the shot you come out of cloak with. Damn my build is ****ed now. This whole time I didn't even know, and I had damage numbers on since like my 2nd hour playing the game. I was like why do people even bother with Overcharge, when you can have 30% damage during cloak. Ya, it doesn't work like that.

Shadowed Strike 30% extra damage stays on for BMG coming out of cloak as long as you keep the attack stream going. Aside that, it only counts on the first shot which takes you out of cloak so it is idea for Snipers, Rockets, and Detonators but not so much for other weapons.

Also it is good for the Nano-Fragger or Courier shotguns.

Nefarious
07-18-2013, 04:21 PM
hmm.

I guess being invisible is just not enough now at days, huh.

Wtflag
07-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Only the first shot is granted the bonus damage.

Make it count with a saw-off or something.

Assuming it works even while in the decloaked state would be silly as that will put it on the same level of DPS gain as overcharge.

KTCAOP
07-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Though if it was something crazy like 100 or 200%, imagine cloaked rocket launchers or wolfhound

Indra Echo
07-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Another clan member and I tested out some of this stuff awhile back and concluded that some of the damage increase perks don't work all the time. We tried it for the cloak bumps, but I have noticed one thing recently. Some of the others not specifically related to any EGO sometimes work and sometimes don't. Specifically the damage while crouching.

I've tested this at arkfalls where damage is pretty consistent-when I'm shooting at a crystal or at a Monarch or at the symbiont and the hellion/matron. Very rarely is there any increase in damage. First off, I tested it on a Hellion yellow spot, like the one you shoot to pop the arms off. I tried it with overcharge active and without it being active. In every case, and especially obvious when hitting a stationary object (the red crystal) I would crouch and shoot and then stand and shoot and most often there would be no difference in damage being done.

My assumption from this is that the same may well be true for defensive perks-this may be why quite often they seem pretty meaningless.

What I suggest is that anyone that questions if damage is increased or not for a certain perk should try testing them out on arkfalls to see if what I and others noticed is true. If so, it's perhaps a widespread bug. If not, it could be problems with our characters.

cypheon
07-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Shadowed Strike 30% extra damage stays on for BMG coming out of cloak as long as you keep the attack stream going. Aside that, it only counts on the first shot which takes you out of cloak so it is idea for Snipers, Rockets, and Detonators but not so much for other weapons.

Also it is good for the Nano-Fragger or Courier shotguns.

wait what? you mean all this time there was another, even easier, lazier, way for me to grind BMGs?!?!

Wtflag
07-19-2013, 12:39 AM
wait what? you mean all this time there was another, even easier, lazier, way for me to grind BMGs?!?!

The easier way is called "equipping overcharge and single minded".