PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first Dodge Challengger, and it's god awful. Please explain...

SilentBob420BMFJ
05-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Why do so many drive them? Are there faster versions? I have the RT, which IRL is a V8, but there's no way. It's just terrible. It feels like it's 175 HP and 5000 lbs. The TMW Hannibal 800R is far better, and actually the top speed feels the same or even faster, even though I know it's not. I don't understand what you'd want the Challenger for except if you were driving on completely flat surface for a long distance (top speed). I want my money back; I spent over half my scrip to get this stupid thing.

BTW, does terrain matter in this game for speed? So like if you go off the road, do you lose a point or two of speed? I don't believe so, but just wondering.

Also, dumb that they clearly have a deal with Dodge for this game (it's the only car?)

A s0t
05-25-2013, 01:32 PM
they forgot to add oil
there is a dune buggy called a duni so much better than the challenger
just watch out for rocks

Saboteur 6
05-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Well there's three reasons why you might see a lot of Chargers:

1. It came as a pre-order bonus for people.

2. The black Charger is the reward for completing all the races with Gold times. So, it's a prestige thing.

3. Prior to the recent patch, Chargers had good HP and damage so people would use them offensively.

iDigTulsa
05-25-2013, 01:41 PM
I remember it being a completely different experience when switching to my first Challenger.... I hated it. What kept me driving it was the fact that I could carry a passenger, so I made myself Suck it up. Doing the Challenger time trial during the last High Speed Challenge Weekend brought my rollers up SEVERAL levels... Which allowed me to finally hit Gold due to the state increases. I've since hit 20, and find the car much more enjoyable.... Even though it's a lot like driving a pinata since the patch.

A s0t
05-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Well there's three reasons why you might see a lot of Chargers:

1. It came as a pre-order bonus for people.

2. The black Charger is the reward for completing all the races with Gold times. So, it's a prestige thing.

3. Prior to the recent patch, Chargers had good HP and damage so people would use them offensively.

4. you can buy them this weekend with 100 Paradise rep points and scrip

Burgess
05-25-2013, 01:47 PM
They removed the fun from driving vehicles by lowering the physics. (At least on the Charger / Roller Type).

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Its simple really: I like the way it looks.

I prefer the Challenger over the Duni, the Hannibal, or the Growler because it looks cooler. Yea, it does have the highest top speed, and, up until the introduction of the Nomad, had the highest damage output and highest hitpoints, although how the Nomad beats it out in both those catagories by about 1000.

This might be a V8 IRL, but mind you that this is not RL. Just because this thing has a powerful engine does not make it ATR. Thats what trucks are for, so it is not suprising to me that this vehicle does not do well in hilly areas or up sloaps. Its a nice looking piece of metal for straightaways/long distances. Thats about it. This is why it has such a slow acceleration but high top speed.

Its not an aweful vehicle if you use it for how it was designed. If you want to do offroading then go with either the Duni or the two quads. They have that faster acceleration for such terrain. Thats how they were designed.

hardy83
05-25-2013, 01:51 PM
I prefer a quad bike over the cars. I just find it WAY easier to handle given the games hilly terrain.

It may not be as fast, but it's got good handling and you can turn quickly.

Wishie
05-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Did you also miss the fact the car is covered in heavy body armor? Iron slat windows? All that weight means a serious compromise in performance.

+1 @ car is much more fun at higher level roller proficiency. The fastest way to level up a vehicle is road kills, but since the new patch that becomes an awfully short ride.

Recommendation: Plum Crazy Challenger (Highest health of the lot) + Hell on Wheels lvl3 perk = passable ramming ability.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 02:04 PM
You just explained why the exploding cars are so effing stupid good sir. That is a lot of armor plating. Maybe we will get lucky and Nolan will get blown up by a Hellbug toe in the show.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-25-2013, 02:08 PM
I prefer a quad bike over the cars. I just find it WAY easier to handle given the games hilly terrain.

It may not be as fast, but it's got good handling and you can turn quickly.

One of the main reasons that I don't enjoy the quad bikes is that they are pretty light. I get tossed around pretty easy in San Fran because they seem to catch bumps and lips that the Challengers drive right over. In the end though it all seems to come down to personal preference.

Doomsaw
05-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I was going to buy a Dodge Challenger in real life, but I am going to buy something else now because they handle so poorly and get killed by livestock too easily.

BorderlandsWasSchtako
05-25-2013, 02:13 PM
I was going to buy a Dodge Challenger in real life, but I am going to buy something else now because they handle so poorly and get killed by livestock too easily.

Hahah zing.

Moa
05-25-2013, 02:18 PM

Your problem there was in the opening line.

Invest in something heavy duty and economical like a Yugo perhaps. -_-

Anderson
05-25-2013, 02:42 PM
I've generally found that basically I just use my vehicle as a way to get from one part of the map to another. Most of the time there will be roads I can drive on between those two points. On a road the Challenger is the fastest so I take it.

Saboteur 6
05-25-2013, 02:57 PM
4. you can buy them this weekend with 100 Paradise rep points and scrip

Cool. I didn't know that they had some more incentives behind the weekend sale. Thanks for pointing that out. Is it just the Orange Charger that's listed?

Anderson
05-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Cool. I didn't know that they had some more incentives behind the weekend sale. Thanks for pointing that out. Is it just the Orange Charger that's listed?

They have Purple, White, and Metallic.

Saboteur 6
05-25-2013, 03:00 PM
They have Purple, White, and Metallic.

Awesome! Looks like I need to hop in game. Thanks.

Sonic Rain Boom
05-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone,

We've removed several posts from this thread. Please ensure that your posts are always on topic and constructive!

Thanks!

Sonic Rain Boom

Saboteur 6
05-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Wait, have the ways to earn faction points changed beyond the daily contracts? Because if not then I'm a little less excited.

zion
05-25-2013, 03:21 PM
i got the black dodge from the pursuits and the orange, i dont use them because of the irritating engine noise, the duni sounds much better

Wizminkey
05-25-2013, 03:35 PM
I prefer the Challenger because it hugs the road better, and when you're not offroading too fiercely, makes for a smooth trip. It accelerates like mud, and there are times when I swap to the buggy.

When I'm doing missions and following waypoints along roads, I Challenge. When I'm Arkhunting or doing random stuff around the terrain, I grab the buggy for the bounce.

I do wish they would tone down the engine noise, though.

Wastelander
05-25-2013, 04:12 PM
A lot of us from Steam pre-order have gotten the Nomad for free. And the Challenger. And a bunch of other vehicles. I switch out between the Challenger and the Nomad.