PDA

View Full Version : Is Defiance really that bad?

XCL Grindin
05-25-2013, 01:07 PM
I know that with all the pathches Trion has released for the Xbox the same core problems still exist. But isn't this still a pretty good 3rd person shooter? I still have fun when I get with my friends to do Arkfalls or help clan members with missions. I must admit that I cannot play for long periods of time because the game does get a bit boring if I'm not helping someone or working on vendor rep. My EGO rating is 3249 and I've gotten most of my pursuits completed so I have put in some time, and I have experienced most of the problems I see voiced here. But I still play, and I bet that most of the people that complain all the time. STILL PLAY.

But unlike allot of you in this forum. This is only my second MMO, well I know this isn't a really MMO. My first being FFXI. Forgive me, but I think they really do need more time. It still is the first game of it's kind to hit our console. My point is that we as Xbox console players have waited this long for a game like this. Why can we not wait a while longer for them to get it right? And If they don't SO WHAT. Someone else will learn from their mistakes and make something better.

Just my thoughts.. What do you think?

SicklyToast
05-25-2013, 01:10 PM
I gotta say its fun with friends and I do enjoy it going solo but, I believe you should play with friends if you want the best of this game.

A s0t
05-25-2013, 01:28 PM
yeah pve is fun the story could have been better though i skipped most of the cut scenes. yeah there a few bugs in the game. some people get more glitches than others.

Species 2179
05-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I prefer it solo, the person I play it with often tends to take the fun out of it by killing everything in sight. I'm a stealth sniper kind've player, and find it fun to snipe from far away whilst looking at my enemies trying to find me.

Deftallica
05-25-2013, 02:08 PM
I enjoy it. It's far from perfect but there is fun to be had in spurts. The missions get a little too repetitive, unfortunately. A lot of them boil down to kill everything, hold x, kill everything and escape. I'm hoping that the DLC promised in the season pass, at least some of it, will address mission variety.

XCL Grindin
05-29-2013, 09:09 AM
I agree with all of you LOL. To me this game gives me satisfaction when I roll solo. And with friends it's just a blast. Altho I am one of those players that likes to keep busy. I find that if you do the emergency missions that pop up everywhere, u level very fast! PvP has a good amount of exp as well. I know there are lots of things wrong with the game. But honestly I keep coming back and I'm looking for more ppl to enjoy the game with. So if anyone wants to game, send XCL Grindin a msg or fr on XBL and we can game:) I hope to here from some of you soon.

shutchamouth
05-29-2013, 09:11 AM
I know that with all the pathches Trion has released for the Xbox the same core problems still exist. But isn't this still a pretty good 3rd person shooter? I still have fun when I get with my friends to do Arkfalls or help clan members with missions. I must admit that I cannot play for long periods of time because the game does get a bit boring if I'm not helping someone or working on vendor rep. My EGO rating is 3249 and I've gotten most of my pursuits completed so I have put in some time, and I have experienced most of the problems I see voiced here. But I still play, and I bet that most of the people that complain all the time. STILL PLAY.

But unlike allot of you in this forum. This is only my second MMO, well I know this isn't a really MMO. My first being FFXI. Forgive me, but I think they really do need more time. It still is the first game of it's kind to hit our console. My point is that we as Xbox console players have waited this long for a game like this. Why can we not wait a while longer for them to get it right? And If they don't SO WHAT. Someone else will learn from their mistakes and make something better.

Most mmo's you can talk to everyone there is no segregated voice.

XCL Grindin
05-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Deftallica if the things I have read are correct. We will have a very wide range of main missions, emergencies and Co-Op that will change up the way we play now. I'm looking forward to seeing this game evolve.

N3gativeCr33p
05-29-2013, 09:26 AM

Personally speaking, I don't think it's NEARLY as bad as some people are letting on. I've played much worse games that were also priced at $60.

camikaze
05-29-2013, 09:48 AM
I have a lot of fun playing the game, mainly because there's a ton of variety. Tired of doing missions? Go do an Arkfall. Want to play in a group? Do a co-op run. Don't feel like killing anything at all? Do a time trial. I mean, there's even a hotshot mission where you have to shoot chickens. The pursuits are challenging and fun as well. Tons of things to do at any given time. The server going down can be annoying, as can random glitches. But the game is very enjoyable and I can see past those things. I believe this is the second MMO playable on Xbox, EVER? There's a little bit of a learning curve here. I guess I just wish people would give the devs the benefit of the doubt sometimes. They're obviously still playing and enjoying the game or they wouldn't be here. "The server is going to be down for a whole 90 minutes you guys suck abloobloobloooo." I would love to see all the complainers get together and try to make a better game.

Quatermass
05-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Is Defiance really that bad?

No.................

GlowStix87
05-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Even though i play PS3 i have to say this game is not so bad at all for a 3rd person mmorpg. Some of the complaints i hear are about going around doing the same sort of quest like collect something but to be realistic how many of those people have played lets see, WoW, Everquest, Guild Wars just to name a few? Now if you have played those rpgs all of them have kill 100 of a certain type of monsters or go and collect materials for this npc. Where people get confused is the fact instead of bows, arrows, swords, staffs, and daggers they have replaced them with snipers assult rifles and such. So honestly in my opinion Defiance is not bad besides the few bugs and glitches.

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Personally speaking, I don't think it's NEARLY as bad as some people are letting on. I've played much worse games that were also priced at $60.

$110 Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. nuff said.

A s0t
05-29-2013, 06:16 PM

halo 4
halo 4 xbox slim

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:17 PM
halo 4
halo 4 xbox slim

yeah i'll give you halo 4 but no the console. my brother has that and i love the look of it and the changes sounds.

Silver shot
05-29-2013, 06:19 PM
I think its a great game but thats just my opinion

Lupis Volk
05-29-2013, 06:20 PM
I think its a great game but thats just my opinion

same but has room to grow. not playing it as much though. needs more pull like BorderLands 2 which has it's last DLC coming out next month.

Warhead
05-30-2013, 10:25 AM
If they made instances with randomly generated contents, the game would be epic. I still jump in from time to time, but I am ready to take a break from the co-op instances. If there was another set of randomly generated co-ops, I would be playing every day.

XCL Grindin
06-03-2013, 07:11 AM
See there are still people that enjoy this game!! Awesome:)

XCL Grindin
06-03-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm with you there as well Warhead.

XCL Grindin
06-03-2013, 07:14 AM
same but has room to grow. not playing it as much though. needs more pull like BorderLands 2 which has it's last DLC coming out next month.

Lupis Volk that DLC is going to be AWESOME!! Have you looked at the vids they put out on youtube? They show gameplay and Gearbox also released a short film for Kreig. If you haven't seen it, U MUST!!

Terb
06-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Been playing +/- 2 weeks. What I like: you never feel behind, there's no huge time committment. What I don't like: you never feel behind, there's no huge time committment.

I'm optimistic that they'll continue to add content and the game will evolve so long as there are active players. If either content stops coming, or player base fades (the two are linked), obviously so will the game. A vicious circle...

N3gativeCr33p
06-03-2013, 11:00 AM
What I like: you never feel behind, there's no huge time committment. What I don't like: you never feel behind, there's no huge time committment.

Ummmmmm....

/10chars

XCL Grindin
06-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Even though i play PS3 i have to say this game is not so bad at all for a 3rd person mmorpg. Some of the complaints i hear are about going around doing the same sort of quest like collect something but to be realistic how many of those people have played lets see, WoW, Everquest, Guild Wars just to name a few? Now if you have played those rpgs all of them have kill 100 of a certain type of monsters or go and collect materials for this npc. Where people get confused is the fact instead of bows, arrows, swords, staffs, and daggers they have replaced them with snipers assult rifles and such. So honestly in my opinion Defiance is not bad besides the few bugs and glitches. Great reply:)

XCL Grindin
06-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Been playing +/- 2 weeks. What I like: you never feel behind, there's no huge time committment. What I don't like: you never feel behind, there's no huge time committment.

I'm optimistic that they'll continue to add content and the game will evolve so long as there are active players. If either content stops coming, or player base fades (the two are linked), obviously so will the game. A vicious circle... LOL, I think a few of us are in the circle Terb. It's funny how this game is both GOOD and BAD!

Calvin
06-04-2013, 05:10 PM
This is a decent game for $60 you'll get a hundred hours + out of it before the cons outweigh the pros IMO. Worth buying although if you've been on since launch its lost most of its shine ( as I can see by my 60+ member clan that is mainly playing other games these days and are waiting for the DLC before I expect MST of them to return )

Cheers

Dracathio
06-04-2013, 08:35 PM

I agree, in all honesty both PS3 and Xbox are having same issues at least I think PS3 would be having the same issues. I mean these are counsels we're talking about, not PC's that are able to be overly upgraded to deal with such situations as ark falls, sieges, roadblocks, etc etc. Heck from the last Crossing the BLs they are working towards better graphics settings over on PC so people can test their systems against such settings.

I'm sure people think it's a load of bull and lies, but I am sure the developers are actually reading the forums and working towards what their fans are wanting here on the counsels. and I am sure once the new upgraded versions of the counsels are released we'll be able to use the same disc and download everything from our accounts onto the new systems and we'll be able to deal with much more on the newer better processing systems. With more choices in looks, and I'm sure later on we'll be able to change the look of our character's later on by using script or most likely bits. Either way things will get better and your right if they don't, and this flops I am dam sure there will be another copy cat company that will end up working along side a cast and crew with another show and try the same dam thing but with better idea of what to do.

I am sure a lot of people still have some good high hopes for the game and can't wait to see how Trion works towards fixing things.

Only thing I really want done to the game is that all episode missions be permanently placed into the game and be able to be ran through from Nolan all the way to current and future without any chunks of the story being thrown out.

XCL Grindin
06-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Dracathio well said Sir.