PDA

View Full Version : I Just have to get this off my chest..

Pelusteve
01-11-2013, 05:34 PM
With all the uproar in the community and what not, and with the beta and stress test coming up, I really do hope this game's future is bright. I for one really want to see this game succeed and bring in a whole lot of players into this community. I have faith that the developers and staff put their hard work and soul into developing this very interesting game, and that they won't let us down. As a gamer, I would like to say thank you for your hard work for such a unique game :)

BadCompany
01-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Ditto!

Hopefully the TV show tie in will add alot of interesting dynamics to the gameplay as well, and vice versa...

Nexpes
01-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Well don't get your hopes up too high (not in a bad way)!
Because if you have high hopes you tend to be disappointed in the end.
Just wait and see what will happen! :)

Kruxed
01-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Well don't get your hopes up too high (not in a bad way)!
Because if you have high hopes you tend to be disappointed in the end.
Just wait and see what will happen! :)

guild wars 2,planetside 2 and swtor spring to mind, i cant remember the last big mmo which was actually you know "good"

so my hype stick for defiance is 0 out of 100 for this reason alone, if its good(doubtful) then great, if it isnt then im used it

Talen
01-11-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm with your spirit and intent.

A friend of mine once said, "If you want to hate a game, read the forum". That's so true. Today's gamer is a weird beast. It is cobbled together from 98' UO "I want my own forge!" to the WoW "Just give me better GEAR FFS (FFS (FFS))!!!

This, like every other new release these days, will be tugged into many different directions. As far as "heart and soul", well Trion did very well with Rift. ALTHOUGH (caps!) they spent their collective little hearts on that project it is and has always been a business model. Trion made money, their publishers made money. The initial purchase and 1-month subscriptions alone were an enormous profit.

So my point to you, my gaming brother (sister), is this: The company wants (and will) make money. I truly believe some of the people behind it care, but in today's day and age, only the accountants drive the game.

/end starry-eyed belief game companies care (I STIL believe in you game-makers though!!! find a way!!!)

Mightus
01-11-2013, 06:34 PM
I think this has a strong chance of lasting for quite some time. Their isn't really any competition for this type out anytime soon and the fact that it will be available on more than just the PC is a great way for it to reach more gamers. No doubt on the consoles it will be very popular to play.

SkyRobo1
01-11-2013, 06:39 PM
I for one agree - but I always like to do opposite and think negatively on a game (even ones I highly like) so if they mess it up, I can just brush it off and say "I expected as much" and if the opposite happens and its actually a brilliant game then I can smile bout it.

But with the TV show and the ability to play this in a console will reach a lot of gamers even those not so common to the MMO land.

Talen
01-11-2013, 06:47 PM
I think this has a strong chance of lasting for quite some time. Their {sic} and the fact that it will be available on more than just the PC is a great way for it to reach more gamers. No doubt on the consoles it will be very popular to play.

My concern is mostly from the 360/PS3/PC play-a-bility point-of-view. Games that are FPS and have 'ported from platforms seems to always suffer. It will be interesting to see if this game works amonst cross platform

Zeila
01-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Not going to ride the hype train. So much failure out there that you'd be silly not to be cautious. But I will agree, I like the idea of Defiance and I personally hope it succeeds.

Pelusteve
01-11-2013, 06:49 PM
My hopes aren't that high lmao (trying to keep them at a medium level) but this game has potential and there really isn't a third person shooter out there that I think that has equal quality than this one. All in all this can be a hit in the third person market!(if the devs play their cards right) :p