PDA

View Full Version : Orange weapons aren't that great

vizibledog
05-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Sorry to burst some bubbles but what with people acting like junkies without a fix over orange weapons I thought I'd put my thoughts forward.

Now I'm gonna put my hands up right now and say that I only have 1 orange weapon. Its a VBI SMG that I got about EGO 700 ish from a t3 lockbox.

To be fair I dont use SMG's but thought since its my first orange I'll give it a go. About 3 minutes later I changed back to my trusty purple clustershot.

Getting an orange weapon wont make you invincible. In the majority of cases you'll get a weapon type you hardly ever use. The stats on my VBI SMG are not much better than the standard weapon, it has a synergy and modding capabilities. I dont even use it now after those bitterly disappointing 3 minutes.

For me I am now more interested in finding a syngery mod set for my purple clustershot or my blue heavy assault carbine.

If any of the more exp hunters could shed some light on what makes an orange weapon so special I'd be glad to hear your thoughts.

richard montoya
05-25-2013, 03:44 PM
I feel the same way but also the oranges give like two to three extra skills. So it's not that overpowering but it gives a little more with skills.

vizibledog
05-25-2013, 04:06 PM
I see what your saying, yes it has more capabilities but unfortunately for me I got a weapon type that i dont use. For me now, unless I get an orange weapon type that suits me I am more interested in finding the right mods for my purples.

I just think that from seeing the fervor on here for getting an orange, people think that its going to make them invincible and a lot will be very disappointed when they get one.

darkaoasi901
05-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Hey man my psn is darkoasi hit me up in game and I will go over everything on wepons for yah .

darkaoasi901
05-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Nvm eu lol

Micheal Storm
05-25-2013, 11:53 PM
I got a mediocre orange shotgun recently and it was good for one thing...scrip sell. : )

drackiller
05-26-2013, 02:08 AM
I got a mediocre orange shotgun recently and it was good for one thing...scrip sell. : )

I got one revolver and i only used it to get the Trophy "Wait for it" i think.
People give to much value to orange weapons. Ok i agree that must sound cool to some people bragging about that they have lots of them.
Me , i just feel happy that i`ve been founding lots of purple one with good stats and synergys :)

Zabuza
05-26-2013, 12:24 PM
If any of the more exp hunters could shed some light on what makes an orange weapon so special I'd be glad to hear your thoughts.

I don't think you're realizing that oranges are a form of rare currency among players.

Ever play Diablo 2? SoJ come to mind?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDOAYWqdolxbdqETBDTVCyZG236jGkm fUFciz1T8MNDkVoor1xRA